Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

This is my “catch” this week. There was an allocation drop at the local store for Buffalo Trace items.
IMG_5144.webp
 
looks like a great score!
 
Tremor Reserve I
'nuff said!
 
Said what the hell and put my name in the hat and was given the chance. Figured this is my reward for working and living like a college student and finally finding out when I will get paid.

View attachment 234379
Order arrived today. Opted for a "$29.99 mystery bottle" to put me into free shipping range and save the $21.99 shipping fee. Well, that was a nice gamble. My order was the Augusta and Bardstown, the bottle of Barrel was my bonus 😁

20251121_163326.webp
 
Order arrived today. Opted for a "$29.99 mystery bottle" to put me into free shipping range and save the $21.99 shipping fee. Well, that was a nice gamble. My order was the Augusta and Bardstown, the bottle of Barrel was my bonus 😁

View attachment 235800
I ordered the Augusta 13 and contemplated the other two bottles. Will be curious what you think of those when you get a chance to crack them.
 
Last week's mail call. Got a few more bottles coming in this weekend I'm looking forward to getting

1000027015.webp
 
I ordered the Augusta 13 and contemplated the other two bottles. Will be curious what you think of those when you get a chance to crack them.
Very curious what you all think of the Augusta Buckners 13. Looks like it could be a special bottle! Cheers!
 
Just cracked open a bottle of Basil Hayden Bourbon
Good, smooth, a little light but leaves a spicy mouth feel.
Per the bottle-Started in 1796 when George Washington was president. Kentucky was 4 years old. Supposedly the same recipe.
I have been a whiskey drinker since a teenager. Thanks to the uncle every kid wants lol.. we drank cheap stuff with him like black velvet. Later i drank mostly jack. Then once i started making money and drank much less i bought high scotch. One hunting trip my buddies who drank way to much never got up to hunt while i was killing shit. I finally was going to drink one night and no scotch left. One hour later found a walmart told them to buy most expensive bottle in there. They came out with basil Hayden. We joked about our $35 most expensive bottle. Since then we never drank any other whiskey. I rarely drink now but if i do i always have a bottle of basil Hayden in the cupboard. I didn’t know the history of it so thanks for sharing that
 
My main go-to bottle - Wisers black label. great mixed or straight. Good old getting drunk kinda bottle lol.

PXL_20230715_190332386.PORTRAIT-scaled.webp


Then I also have a taste for this bottle below. When I'm feeling fancy lol. super smooth and tasty.

1000019179.webp


The local craft distilleries make some of the best spirits/single malts available, and I won their "lottery" this year but, the cost is up there per bottle... I couldn't just buy 1... so, ended up buying zero 😞 my bill would of been well over $500+ hard no from the better half ended that quick lol.

1000019181.webp

1000019185.webp

Needless to say, I love Whisky in all it's headache inducing glory.
 
I enjoyed the Augusta, neat, no drop of water, just my normal glass that I keep in the fridge. The longer it sat, the better it was. It got a little smoother, but still had the 141 fire as it went down. This is definitely a pour to enjoy over the evening. My buddy enjoyed it, but didn’t have the time to let it breathe.

20251121_201933.webp
 
Last week's mail call. Got a few more bottles coming in this weekend I'm looking forward to getting

View attachment 235816
Can’t wait to hear about that bottle of Rebel, Rebel 10 is one of my favorites. That WT12 sure looks interesting as well! Cheers!
 
Back
Top Bottom