Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

I enjoyed the Old Elk Wheated and just started a Remus Reserve. After will be the Elijah Craig batch C923
Curious which Remus Reserve you have. Is it part of the Repeal series? What do you think of it?

I recently got the 9th Repeal Reserve release and haven't had a chance to crack it yet. Each release is better than the last as they're blending older whiskies into each batch.
 
Today was the day. Cracked Tremor #1 🤓🥰
IMG_0044.webp
 
Curious which Remus Reserve you have. Is it part of the Repeal series? What do you think of it?

I recently got the 9th Repeal Reserve release and haven't had a chance to crack it yet. Each release is better than the last as they're blending older whiskies into each batch.
Its the Repeal Reserve Series 8 101 proof. Not bad. I've had A LOT worse. I would probably get it again but now sure how long it will take to get back to it. Every few years I go through an exploration phase and try new bourbons so as to not get hung up on a single one for too long. Favorite go to are probably Weller 107 and Bookers.
 
Its the Repeal Reserve Series 8 101 proof. Not bad. I've had A LOT worse. I would probably get it again but now sure how long it will take to get back to it. Every few years I go through an exploration phase and try new bourbons so as to not get hung up on a single one for too long. Favorite go to are probably Weller 107 and Bookers.
Ah... The Repeal Reserve series is a good pour, most I'd rate a 5 to 6/10 on the T8Ke scale. If you get a chance, I suggest trying the Remus Gatsby Reserve. We particularly liked 2022 and 2024. 2023 was a bit off profile and while not a bad pour, didn't resonate with us as well as the other two.

Haven't wrapped my head around why people like the Remus Babe Ruth Reserve so much. For me it is a 5/10 pour, but it's a $200 bottle, so price to value knocks it down to a 4.5/10.

T8KE scale for reference:
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but better exists.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect
 
Ah... The Repeal Reserve series is a good pour, most I'd rate a 5 to 6/10 on the T8Ke scale. If you get a chance, I suggest trying the Remus Gatsby Reserve. We particularly liked 2022 and 2024. 2023 was a bit off profile and while not a bad pour, didn't resonate with us as well as the other two.

Haven't wrapped my head around why people like the Remus Babe Ruth Reserve so much. For me it is a 5/10 pour, but it's a $200 bottle, so price to value knocks it down to a 4.5/10.

T8KE scale for reference:
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but better exists.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect
Agree 100%. Based on your scale 5.5/10. The 7-8 range for me can be enjoyed neat. Less than 7 and I'm adding a little ice.
 
Ah... The Repeal Reserve series is a good pour, most I'd rate a 5 to 6/10 on the T8Ke scale. If you get a chance, I suggest trying the Remus Gatsby Reserve. We particularly liked 2022 and 2024. 2023 was a bit off profile and while not a bad pour, didn't resonate with us as well as the other two.

Haven't wrapped my head around why people like the Remus Babe Ruth Reserve so much. For me it is a 5/10 pour, but it's a $200 bottle, so price to value knocks it down to a 4.5/10.

T8KE scale for reference:
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but better exists.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect
Do they have a number for that Beyoncé swill we tried???? Maybe .000000000001?
 
Been hunting for the Little Book Infinite II and finally got one at a reasonable price. Also got 3 different single barrel Bulleits, each aged 17 years. Finally, a 13 year Belle of Bedford Rye Whiskey.

1000026997.webp
 
I have never tried bacon and bourbon....but I know what I am doing Saturday now.
Stick a piece of thick cut bacon in your next old fashioned or Manhattan for some bacon goodness. Maple Bacon if you want something sweeter. You can also experiment with fat washing your whiskey with bacon grease.
 

Not much better 😁
It has been such a long month, I don't even remember what I was meaning to type 🤦‍♂️ But, this event was a blast. Good food, good bourbon and great cause.
 
Back
Top Bottom