Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

Hmmm, what shall I try this evening?

20250822_155439.webp

@DTX2023Tremor
 
Nice! That got to ya quick! Let me know what you think. Dollar for Dollar that's the best deal on 17 year old whiskey.
Will do. Out with friends right now, had some Redemption and next is Buffalo Trace.

Thankfully it was my Friday off work as it was sent adult signature required.
 
While wandering through Costco today, my wife decided to check the locked liquor display. I usually dont bother as they never have anything I'd want in there. Going to have to add looking to my trips now. She pointed out and got me a bottle of Booker's On the Pond 😁

20250823_135419.webp
 
Last edited:
My favorite… all of these!

IMG_8309.webp


A big thanks to Mike who was nice enough to share with the group last night. 🥃🏆
 
Just wanted to share what I picked up awhile back. Got a call from a friend out of state telling me about a friend that was running the estate sale of a prominent liquor store owner who had passed away. She had received this as a gift for running the estate sale, but wasn’t a drinker. I snagged it for $450! For those unfamiliar, this is the Crown XR Waterloo. The Waterloo distillery burned down in 1993. These barrels were found some time later and bottled in 2006. At the very least, it’s 33 years old. No telling it’s true age though. Still has the factory plastic seal on it. Going to keep it shelved for now.
IMG_7532.webp

IMG_8913.webp
 
IMG_6750.webp

Well, I was fortune enough to share a special bottle with some good friends at the KY meetup and it left a hole in my collection. Lucky for me @DTX2023Tremor @Camarox2 and @Sludgemonkey44 being the great friends they are gifted me a very special bottle. I have a feeling this one is going to stay closed for a long time. Thanks guys!
 
IMG_6751.webp

Home from the KY meetup. Thought I would take this time to enjoy a glass of Tremor Reserve 1.1 (first runner up) courtesy of @DTX2023Tremor on my new slate Tremor coaster. Cheers.
 
@Rodd187 do you mind if I take this? I forget to tell you earlier.

1000023367.webp
 
Saw that on a site and just wasnt sure about a peanut butter jalapeño whiskey 🤔
100%. This might be one of those situations where the bottle might be better than the contents.
 
Old Elk Double Wheat is fantastic. I did a blind with it and A107 and like the double wheat much better. Same proof both good but I’ll take OE.
Just cracked one of these this week to cope with the drought of A107. Actually well stocked in Ohio. My bottle had dust on it and also the others on the shelf ($63) I like it but tell me if I'm wrong that the A107 has a slight cinnamon hit at the end.
 
For you 1792 guys, do any of you remember the 1792 Ridgemont Reserve? Had burlap around the neck. One of my all time favorites that disappeared.
 
IMG_6769.webp

Well with both these open right now this seems like the time to do this blind…

Notice the SMALL pours @Camarox2 👀
 
Thoughts on the Weller Barrel Proof?
That’s the 12yr. I don’t have a FP open right now but in general I like it a lot. It’s been a couple years since I’ve had one though.
 
Last edited:
Tonight I think I found my new favorite sipper. Man, do I love these flavored whiskeys!

@TRAMPER, can I send you a bottle to add to your new collection? 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_8697.webp
 
Last edited:
Why start now? 😩😩🤣

Love the glasses, and the winner was?
Well the Pappy was definitely better, but I was stunned how close they actually were. Nose on the Pappy was noticeably nicer but taste was almost identical. Not nearly as different as I thought they might be….
 
Back
Top Bottom