Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

That’s the 12yr. I don’t have a FP open right now but in general I like it a lot. It’s been a couple years since I’ve had one though.
I was thinking the blue bottle, not the black.

1756463114372.webp
 
Tonight I think I found my new favorite sipper. Man, do I love these flavored whiskeys!

@TRAMPER, can I send you a bottle to add to your new collection? 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 223880
Wife got a bottle this last weekend. Equal parts chocolate crown, salted caramel kahlua and whipped cream vodka.
 
I gotta say that one barrel we tasted that has the same mashbill as the Sir Davis whiskey (i.e., Beyonce) is leading for the worst pour I've had this year and likely worse than anything I've had in the last 2 - 3 years (even some bottles I've poured down the drain).

That said, I have a bottle that was gifted to me... do I open it and validate the taste? Regift it to a brave (unsuspecting) person?
 
Some nice additions to the library from this/last week....

1000025532.webp

1000025533.webp
 
I gotta say that one barrel we tasted that has the same mashbill as the Sir Davis whiskey (i.e., Beyonce) is leading for the worst pour I've had this year and likely worse than anything I've had in the last 2 - 3 years (even some bottles I've poured down the drain).

That said, I have a bottle that was gifted to me... do I open it and validate the taste? Regift it to a brave (unsuspecting) person?

I mean…. Someone must like it? Certainly no one that was there with us lol.
 
I gotta say that one barrel we tasted that has the same mashbill as the Sir Davis whiskey (i.e., Beyonce) is leading for the worst pour I've had this year and likely worse than anything I've had in the last 2 - 3 years (even some bottles I've poured down the drain).

That said, I have a bottle that was gifted to me... do I open it and validate the taste? Regift it to a brave (unsuspecting) person?
You are a brave man if you decide to open that one. That has regift (to someone you don’t like or want to play a joke on) written all over it. I agree that was the worst pour of bourbon I’ve had in a really really long time. Comically bad tasting. Like it was on purpose just to Eff with us.
 
You are a brave man if you decide to open that one. That has regift (to someone you don’t like or want to play a joke on) written all over it. I agree that was the worst pour of bourbon I’ve had in a really really long time. Comically bad tasting. Like it was on purpose just to Eff with us.
So what you're saying is it is my next gift bottle to @TRAMPER ?

I will definitely be a step up (down?) from the chocolate peanut butter whiskey he now has on his shelf.
 
So what you're saying is it is my next gift bottle to @TRAMPER ?

I will definitely be a step up (down?) from the chocolate peanut butter whiskey he now has on his shelf.
Hopefully you lost my address…. 😉

IMG_6796.webp


Cheers gentlemen.
 
My small collection so far.... Well I guess I should say, my small collection on display. I have another full shelf of other good stuff in the pantry

20250213_192822.webp




20250213_192838.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20250213_192834.webp
    20250213_192834.webp
    199.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20250213_192831.webp
    20250213_192831.webp
    221.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Just wanted to share what I picked up awhile back. Got a call from a friend out of state telling me about a friend that was running the estate sale of a prominent liquor store owner who had passed away. She had received this as a gift for running the estate sale, but wasn’t a drinker. I snagged it for $450! For those unfamiliar, this is the Crown XR Waterloo. The Waterloo distillery burned down in 1993. These barrels were found some time later and bottled in 2006. At the very least, it’s 33 years old. No telling it’s true age though. Still has the factory plastic seal on it. Going to keep it shelved for now.View attachment 223426
View attachment 223427
I've had a couple bottles of the Crown XR Red back when you could find them for about $200 a bottle. Damn it's goooood! Probably one of my favorites for sure. I now have one that is unopened and last I looked it was worth around $1500 on the world wide web.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8779.webp
    IMG_8779.webp
    253 KB · Views: 16
I've had a couple bottles of the Crown XR Red back when you could find them for about $200 a bottle. Damn it's goooood! Probably one of my favorites for sure. I now have one that is unopened and last I looked it was worth around $1500 on the world wide web.
I wish crown would release cask strength whiskey. I wonder how much better would that XR be at 115 - 120 proof?

Same goes for Michter's 10 year releases. 90 proof is fine, but will would love to see cask strength versions of these bottles.
 
Total Wine's concierge program is funny. You buy bottles and then wait up to 6 months for delivery. Two orders placed weeks apart arrived yesterday.

Penelope Project X is a study in finishing, featuring Oloroso Sherry, Cognac, PX Sherry, and an Oloroso/Cognac double finish. Penelope Bourbon Co-Founder, VP of Product, and Master Blender Danny Polise coordinated this wide range of finishes across a set of finishing barrels, utilizing the company’s four grain blend as the base bourbon.

The Barrell Whiskey Decade is a carefully crafted blend of whiskeys distilled each year from 1995 to 2005 with secondary maturation in Spanish brandy and Hungarian oak casks. Hazmat at its best from a 20 year+ blend of Canadian Whiskey. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Found North bottles I have.

1000025649.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom