Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

Or this bottle. 🤪

IMG_7785.webp
 
The more I read about the Millennium the more I’m like nope… not for the price. Weller is my favorite by the way, so I’m not biased against it. Value wise, give me OWA, W12, or FP all day long
 
The more I read about the Millennium the more I’m like nope… not for the price. Weller is my favorite by the way, so I’m not biased against it. Value wise, give me OWA, W12, or FP all day long
IMG_5861.webp

I expected something magical to happen when I assembled them all…. But so far nothing 😉
 
You gotta let the genie out of the bottles……
The only two I haven’t drank a bottle or two of is the CYPB & SiB. All the others I’ve enjoyed on many occasions. I’ve had both of the high end bottles and they’re good, but not worth the crazy pricing. I just got them because I wanted them. I polished off an Old Rip 10yr a month or two ago and I truly enjoyed every drop of that bottle. I’ll definitely look to get another.
 
Which cigar blend would you pick to go with a cigar?

1000025082.webp
 

I’ve 100% noticed this. Bottles that I used to hunt are almost readily available now and most everything has dropped precipitously compared to a year ago. Market saturated? Changes in tastes? Or everyone is out of money? I’m still not sure but it’s a nice change to be able to find allocated bottles for sale again!
 
I've decided to start shifting my whiskey collection from an exploration of unique and off the beaten path distilleries to favor older, more mature whiskies. I'm finding 12 to be the sweet spot on price to age ratio, but have happened upon a few 17+ year whiskey and bourbon, a few of which were from really rare Barton 1782 barrels that were 18 years old.

A few pickups below... Got the Dickle which is actually 17 years old (why they don't have a 17 label for the single barrels like they do for the reserve is a head scratcher. Got the Blue Run for $30 add-on.

The Starlight is, I believe, their first 10 year release. Early reviews on it have all been very good, hoping for good things when I get into it at some point down the road.

Blue Grass Distillers is not a brand that most know about, but these Elkwood Reserve bottles are really good and historicly hard to find. They're reported to use the same mashbill as Barton uses. I was able to get a bottle from two different barrels and will be interesting to line these up against the recent 18 year Barton bottles I have acquired.

1000025083.webp
 
Last edited:
Macanudo is my favorite. Everyone has their favorite. That’s mine
Which one from Macanudo?

It's hard to choose a favorite but if I must I gotta go Opus X #2!
 
Which one from Macanudo?

It's hard to choose a favorite but if I must I gotta go Opus X #2!

Macanudo Cafe, Prince of Wales. I also like their mini when I don’t have time for a full cigar.
IMG_5066.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom