Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

I was able to land a Hell Diver 😁

View attachment 216519
1752103908550.webp


I am a hell of a duck hunter, in the blind by 4 AM and never heard of this Juice?
 
Last edited:
View attachment 216624

Da Hell? I am a hell of a duck hunter, in the blind by 4 AM and never heard of this Juice?
Found North is a non-distilling producer who has built a great reputation for blending mostly Canadian Whiskey (which is why they can offer really high age statements at around $200 a bottle). They do have other offerings that you can find that can run around $120 a bottle.

Their main product line are batch releases (the last one being batch 011), and then they launched their high altitude series with the bird themed names. These are considered ultra premium offerings with numerous reviews putting these bottles into the league of the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection. The first Peregrine release has been rated by numerous people as better than George T Stagg (although I'd argue that is more likely better than recent releases as those from earlier in the 2000s are near perfection).

They were a hidden gem in the whiskey world and have gotten popular due to their consistent quality. So much so that you have to enter a lottery to buy a bottle, have a relationship with one of the few stores that sells them, or chase them on the secondary market. While part of me is happy that they're getting the well-deserved recognition, I also am challenged by that making it more difficult for me to get these bottles.
 
In other news.
View attachment 215959
Tonight’s pour. I had a sample of Wisers 18 first. It was too watered down for me for sure.
View attachment 215958
But this just delivered!!!
Mine came in on Monday, July 7th. Seems like it took forever, and FedEx was to deliver on the 3rd - but they did the ol' failed attempt ghost delivery - as I had someone able to sign all day waiting.
 
Mine came in on Monday, July 7th. Seems like it took forever, and FedEx was to deliver on the 3rd - but they did the ol' failed attempt ghost delivery - as I had someone able to sign all day waiting.
That's frustrating.... I have somehow gotten on a first name basis with both my regular FedEx and UPS drivers. I missed a delivery on Monday and FedEx the driver yesterday told me he knew I wasn't home because my truck wasn't in the driveway.
 
That's frustrating.... I have somehow gotten on a first name basis with both my regular FedEx and UPS drivers. I missed a delivery on Monday and FedEx the driver yesterday told me he knew I wasn't home because my truck wasn't in the driveway.
That’s the best. 99% of my stuff is UPS it seems. I know that driver pretty well - but FedEx was a newb. Maybe they are having staffing issues like everyone around me. Glad it’s here, though.
 
Picked up another variety of Doc tonight, guy that rang me up asked if I wanted the Hazmat bottle🔥🔥🔥

IMG_5218.webp
 
Dude, I think you’re already flying high enough sitting on 40’s.
And I heard the best place to stay for after party’s is at Hotel casa de Optimus! 🍺🥃🍹🎉🏆
 
Dude, I think you’re already flying high enough sitting on 40’s.
And I heard the best place to stay for after party’s is at Hotel casa de Optimus! 🍺🥃🍹🎉🏆
You're not wrong! 😁
 
IMG_1932.webp

The hot, humid weather today called for a lighter pour-a good excuse for a tasting comparison of two Glenmorangies. Both are matured in ex-Bourbon casks. The Tale Of Ice Cream is a NAS but I am guessing mostly 10 year old stock; the Cadboll Estate is a 15. The Tale of Ice Cream is definitely sweeter with more vanilla notes. The Cadboll Estate has a creamier mouthfeel but pepperier with a finish the fades to sweet. Both good choices; might need another pour to do more research 😊 Can’t go wrong with either one.
 
sampled some of this at the DALLAS SAFARI CLUB yesterday , was not terrible

www.biggame.org

in fact the double oak was "A OK"

1752842954768.webp
 
Last edited:
I'm opening up this tonight. We'll see if it's worth the price tag.

1000021945.webp

1000021946.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom