Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

I’m positive myself or @Vermonster will send you a sample when we open them. Problem is if you like it you can’t really get one lol
 
I’m positive myself or @Vermonster will send you a sample when we open them. Problem is if you like it you can’t really get one lol
Thanks! I'll probably also see if I can get one through either the secondary market or if my buddy in LA is going to be able to get one for me.
 
Anyone ever been to The Whiskey House in San Diego? How awesome is it? Guinness Book of world record holder with an inventory of 4,600 bottles:

A fine meal in San Diego's world record whiskey heaven https://share.google/zqE3iLh6XqVqBxAEU

@DTX2023Tremor, you're almost at that number! 🤪
 
Anyone ever been to The Whiskey House in San Diego? How awesome is it? Guinness Book of world record holder with an inventory of 4,600 bottles:

A fine meal in San Diego's world record whiskey heaven https://share.google/zqE3iLh6XqVqBxAEU

@DTX2023Tremor, you're almost at that number! 🤪
Damn.. I can't imagine having that many bottles. I'm already running out of room to store new ones in my office. I might have to convert my media room into a whiskey cave if my collection gets much larger.

Guinness lists a place in Lisbon as the world record holder with 10,500 bottles... took the guy 60 years to build that collection. There's no estimated value of this collection that can be found online, but the guy with the largest private collection in the U.S. whose name is aptly Dewayne Poor, has 6,500 bottles estimated to be worth $10 million.
 
Damn.. I can't imagine having that many bottles. I'm already running out of room to store new ones in my office. I might have to convert my media room into a whiskey cave if my collection gets much larger.

Guinness lists a place in Lisbon as the world record holder with 10,500 bottles... took the guy 60 years to build that collection. There's no estimated value of this collection that can be found online, but the guy with the largest private collection in the U.S. whose name is aptly Dewayne Poor, has 6,500 bottles estimated to be worth $10 million.
Dude I’d be happy to “store” some of your collection at my place any time. I can guarantee you would get some of it back when requested.
 
Dude I’d be happy to “store” some of your collection at my place any time. I can guarantee you would get some of it back when requested.
Sounds good. I'll send that bottle of Screwball over to you to hang onto it for me. @TRAMPER might hit you up for some samples of it as he broadens his palate on flavored whiskies.
 
Sounds good. I'll send that bottle of Screwball over to you to hang onto it for me. @TRAMPER might hit you up for some samples of it as he broadens his palate on flavored whiskies.
IMG_6331.gif
 
IMG_6332.webp

Been a minute since I’ve had a pour of this. Forgot just how good it is!!!! Truly a tough bottle to follow up on.
 
In other news looks like I’m picking up a Michters 10yr Rye and another bottle of MWND on Thursday. Never had the rye before, and man do I just love MWND.


Edit

Jack 10 coming home too. $400 cash out the door for all of it.
 
Last edited:
I have a friend who owns a liquor store, and he came over to visit with a bottle of that. He owns a liquor store - and he brought that…to my house. Lol

It’s the thought that counts, but mama that was not my drink. I didn’t let him know and struggled it down.
 
Nice. Have you had this Rye? I just picked it up.

View attachment 215749
Do you mind telling me what it set you back? I think MSRP is like $200, secondary maybe $300 or higher? I’m not super familiar with them but I have heard it’s very good.
 
Do you mind telling me what it set you back? I think MSRP is like $200, secondary maybe $300 or higher? I’m not super familiar with them but I have heard it’s very good.
The MSRP for the barrel strength rye is $150... you can find it on the secondary for $150 - $225 depending on the year it was bottled.
 
Do you mind telling me what it set you back? I think MSRP is like $200, secondary maybe $300 or higher? I’m not super familiar with them but I have heard it’s very good.

$150 and yes that’s MSRP.
 
The MSRP for the barrel strength rye is $150... you can find it on the secondary for $150 - $225 depending on the year it was bottled.

$150 and yes that’s MSRP.

Ah, must be two different Ryes… when I google the 10 year rye MSRP looks to be $200. Website doesn’t make it clear I guess.
 
The 10 year Rye is in a very different bottle, same as the Tremor Reserve bottle while the other one is in a bottle similar to what you'd get Old Forester in. On the secondary, the 10 year Ryes released in the last 4 years ago for $225 to $300, depending on the year.

1000023850.webp
 
The 10 year Rye is in a very different bottle, same as the Tremor Reserve bottle while the other one is in a bottle similar to what you'd get Old Forester in. On the secondary, the 10 year Ryes released in the last 4 years ago for $225 to $300, depending on the year.

View attachment 215801
Yeah it’s the 10yr. Thank you for the clarification.
 
Back
Top Bottom