- Jul 30, 2023
- 2,441
- 7,874
- PADI Divemaster & Rescue Diver, Medic
- 2024 F350 Tremor 7.3 Godzilla - Carbon Gray
- 1985 GMC 2500 4x4 High Sierra
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Looks like a fun afternoon indeed! Would be curious to hear the results. Are you doing a first to last 1-10 ranking or just the overall top rated 1st place winner?Today we're having a few friends over for whiskey tasting I've themed "Age is just a number". It's blinds of 10 year bottles from the $50 to $300 price point. The idea being to determine which one of these bottles is our favorite, when we take away all the brand marketing and prestige from the bottles and just let the whiskey do the talking. Here's the line-up - 15 bottles. It's going to be a fun afternoon.
View attachment 214640
View attachment 214641
Overall top place winner. It was a little of a mixed result with most liking the Old Fitzgerald 10 year bottle in bond as their favorite, while a few picked the Eagle Rare Single Barrel. What surprised me was my favorite was the Penelope Estate Collection bottle (the Old Fitzgerald came in second for me).Looks like a fun afternoon indeed! Would be curious to hear the results. Are you doing a first to last 1-10 ranking or just the overall top rated 1st place winner?
That isnโt sad or surprisingโฆ. BH bottles are only ever 80 proof lol. Too much water added. Iโve had a bottle of BH10 my wife bought me and it was ok, but way way too low on proof. Just their business model I guess. Probably pretty profitable since you can really spread those barrels out.Overall top place winner. It was a little of a mixed result with most liking the Old Fitzgerald 10 year bottle in bond as their favorite, while a few picked the Eagle Rare Single Barrel. What surprised me was my favorite was the Penelope Estate Collection bottle (the Old Fitzgerald came in second for me).
Sadly, the Basil Hayden 10 year was universaly ranked the bottom across the dozen people tasting the bottles.
"Tamper". Now I know you're fucked up. Stop tampering with shit!Ha, I just got done drinking ER 10yr. @Tamper Itโs way to early for you to be awake & way to late for me to still be awake. Good night!![]()
Iโm just pulling into work manโฆ. No 9-5 for this boy.Ha, I just got done drinking ER 10yr. @Tamper Itโs way to early for you to be awake & way to late for me to still be awake. Good night!![]()
Hahaha i was going to let that one go. It is lateโฆ or earlyโฆ or whatever"Tamper". Now I know you're fucked up. Stop tampering with shit!
Agreed... I intentionally had the BH 10 as the very first pour that everyone tried because it has such a low proof and didn't think it was fair to put it later in the mix. I have enjoyed a few of the BH products in the past, particularly the dark rye. Disappointing that Beam would release this and have it just be so flat.That isnโt sad or surprisingโฆ. BH bottles are only ever 80 proof lol. Too much water added. Iโve had a bottle of BH10 my wife bought me and it was ok, but way way too low on proof. Just their business model I guess. Probably pretty profitable since you can really spread those barrels out.
I've never had the Old Fitz10 but ER is always a good sip. Sounds like a fun blind!
I didn't win... wonder if my wife did as she entered as well.
I hope she did!I didn't win... wonder if my wife did as she entered as well.
Hell yes!
Sadly we're both losersI hope she did!