Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

Enjoyed a Turkey flight!
I ranked them the the same as the amount of juice left in the bottles as shown in the picture. Over all impression reminds that WT 101 is a great bourbon for the price. The two 8 years had more complexity, a longer finish, and better mouth feel - neck and neck but, the 70th won out. Kentucky Spirit was a tasty 3rd followed by the classic 101.
Turkey.webp
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250614_042842_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20250614_042842_Chrome.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20250614_042901_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20250614_042901_Chrome.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 23
Enjoyed a Turkey flight!
I ranked them the the same as the amount of juice left in the bottles as shown in the picture. Over all impression reminds that WT 101 is a great bourbon for the price. The two 8 years had more complexity, a longer finish, and better mouth feel - neck and neck but, the 70th won out. Kentucky Spirit was a tasty 3rd followed by the classic 101.
View attachment 213994
I was not impressed by the Single Barrel for the price
 
Will be enjoying my day and supporting the community

View attachment 213995
And the take homes are:
For me -
For the boss -

Some great food, great spirits and beer. But raising $123.7k for the Teen & Kid Closet was the big win.
 

Attachments

  • 20250614_164840.webp
    20250614_164840.webp
    363.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
What is your opinion on it? Personally I was very underwhelmed. Especially being a fan of their Bonded and 114.
Ummmmm. It doesn’t suck. But it definitely is not worth the price. I enjoy it, but at 1/5th the price. Definitely not worth MSRP.
 
Ummmmm. It doesn’t suck. But it definitely is not worth the price. I enjoy it, but at 1/5th the price. Definitely not worth MSRP.
Ok I’d say that is a fair assessment. I was expecting an absolute banger for the money (and the hype surrounding it for that matter), so I came out quite disappointed with the lack of depth/variety of flavor.
 
From the home bar in Fort Worth, transplanted from Tokyo Japan via Duty Free

1750369129964.webp
 
Angels Envy Rye when I want to spend the $ and otherwise Gentlemen Jack or Makers Mark
 
Sad to see this one go. It was a really interesting blend with tons of layers. Made up of two 9 year Indiana bourbon (likely MGP) a 10 year Kentucky and a 14 year Kentucky bourbons.

1000023719.webp
 
Today we're having a few friends over for whiskey tasting I've themed "Age is just a number". It's blinds of 10 year bottles from the $50 to $300 price point. The idea being to determine which one of these bottles is our favorite, when we take away all the brand marketing and prestige from the bottles and just let the whiskey do the talking. Here's the line-up - 15 bottles. It's going to be a fun afternoon 😁.

1000023718.webp

1000023717.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom