Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

IMG_6552.webp

Solid weekend haul! Tbf these were all bottles my BIL picked up for me and this was my first chance seeing him. All at MSRP!
 
@TRAMPER 's post has got me thinking about what bottles to bring to share at the upcoming KTP meet-up. @Sludgemonkey44 @Camarox2 What are you thinking of bringing? We should definitely find an evening to do a bottle share (since I think we're all staying at the same hotel).

I was thinking of a Stagg Jr. bottle I've been meaning to crack open and some bottles of 15 yr single barrels I've been enjoying. Might throw in some really interesting Blendery bottles as well. Too many good options for such a short trip.

I'll also pack a case of kenzie glasses so we're not having to scrounge around for plastic cups.
 
I was thinking about bringing this special rare hard to find bottle I just received. I heard it’s really good. 🤣🤣🥃


EBFDE678-9E32-4160-A277-D62B913C486C.webp
 
Last edited:
@TRAMPER 's post has got me thinking about what bottles to bring to share at the upcoming KTP meet-up. @Sludgemonkey44 @Camarox2 What are you thinking of bringing? We should definitely find an evening to do a bottle share (since I think we're all staying at the same hotel).

I was thinking of a Stagg Jr. bottle I've been meaning to crack open and some bottles of 15 yr single barrels I've been enjoying. Might throw in some really interesting Blendery bottles as well. Too many good options for such a short trip.

I'll also pack a case of kenzie glasses so we're not having to scrounge around for plastic cups.
I hadn’t put much thought into it until now. Great idea though. I have a bottle of Kentucky Owl Confiscated that I’ve been wanting to try and might be worth bringing along. If not, I’ll have to ponder this for a while.
 
Since I can never find Weller Antique I am going to try the supposed closest flavor with Old Elk Wheated. Ill keep you posted.

Was passing through Ohio last week and Weller green bottles are plentiful for $28
 
Probably not on any of your guys level but here are mine.

The Crown Cask I’ve had for many years and special occasion only.
No shame on any of those bottles. There's a reason they sell tens of thousands of those a year. Go to any distillery and they'll tell you there's three rules to whiskey:

1. Drink it how you like it
2. Doesn't matter what you're drinking as long as you're drinking whiskey
3. See rules one and and two if there's any questions.

I have each of the different Distiller's Select bottles from Woodford, but haven't yet gotten into each of them. I found the Wheat one to be particularly enjoyable, so curious to get into the others at some point. If you haven't tried it before, the Woodford Double Oak is a solid pour and a great value when considering price-to-quality ratio.

Cheers!
 
Since I can never find Weller Antique I am going to try the supposed closest flavor with Old Elk Wheated. Ill keep you posted.

Was passing through Ohio last week and Weller green bottles are plentiful for $28
Old Elk Double Wheat is fantastic. I did a blind with it and A107 and like the double wheat much better. Same proof both good but I’ll take OE.
 
No shame on any of those bottles. There's a reason they sell tens of thousands of those a year. Go to any distillery and they'll tell you there's three rules to whiskey:

1. Drink it how you like it
2. Doesn't matter what you're drinking as long as you're drinking whiskey
3. See rules one and and two if there's any questions.

I have each of the different Distiller's Select bottles from Woodford, but haven't yet gotten into each of them. I found the Wheat one to be particularly enjoyable, so curious to get into the others at some point. If you haven't tried it before, the Woodford Double Oak is a solid pour and a great value when considering price-to-quality ratio.

Cheers!
I’m honestly not a huge whiskey/ bourbon drinker but do like it on occasion.
I will definitely look I to the double oak though!
 
View attachment 220670
Not bad for an unplanned stop on the way home. @DTX2023Tremor have you had Saffell?
Yes! Need to revisit the bottle I have... Been about a year since I've had it.

I've had a chance to buy a bottle of the Bond & Lillard a few weeks ago, but didn't jump on it. The Saffell is supposed to be the better of the two. Have never come across the Old Ripy.
 
Yes! Need to revisit the bottle I have... Been about a year since I've had it.

I've had a chance to buy a bottle of the Bond & Lillard a few weeks ago, but didn't jump on it. The Saffell is supposed to be the better of the two. Have never come across the Old Ripy.
lol of course you have. And yeah I’ve heard the same things. I’ve had Saffell (someone else’s bottle) but never bought one. It’s definitely a good one.
 
Back
Top Bottom