Rail Car Tracking

Perhaps this is already asked but TLDR...

Why is there no online tool for this? Terrorists or something??
They have software out there to track rail cars but it is for tracking many cars at once for companies and you need to pay and register. Some you can even have live GPS on a map. The use case for tracking a single car is basically just impatient guys waiting for trucks
 
They have software out there to track rail cars but it is for tracking many cars at once for companies and you need to pay and register. Some you can even have live GPS on a map. The use case for tracking a single car is basically just impatient guys waiting for trucks
"The use case for tracking a single car is basically just impatient guys waiting for trucks"

You write like this is a problem.
 
My truck was loaded onto a rail car last week I reached out to my dealer and got the rail car number so I could use use the CSX phone tracking. I called in and went through the voice prompt process to check status. It worked great that being said I hate using voice response systems. I build stuff like this for a living so decided to call a few times to figure how I could create a speed dial on my I phone so all I have to do is push one button and wait without having to speak a single word. Thought others may appreciate this so thought I would share.

For my rail car TTGX 991571 the speed dial looks like this.

(800) 235-2352,1,,81814192,,,991571,,,##

Had to listen to the prompts a few times and do some trial and error with the pauses but I have confirmed this works.

To create your own speed dial replace the 819114192 with your info. To get this info you will need to press the number that contains the letter in your rail car info. T would be 81 as the T is the first letter on the 8 key. 991571 is the number portion of the rail car info.
That’s all fine and good but what you can’t track is when will it get offloaded at the rail yard……could sit a while before a truck comes and gets it.


Do not change the commas or #’s just replace the rail car info.
 
The rail car is at its final destination for unloading.

What it does not tell you is when they will unload it.
says released by the customer... im just not sure what exactly that means. is it on a truck headed to the dealer?
this is by far the worst part, knowing its in town.
 
says released by the customer... im just not sure what exactly that means. is it on a truck headed to the dealer?
this is by far the worst part, knowing its in town.
sry I didn't answer the question, the call in thing says, empty has been released by the customer.
 
sry I didn't answer the question, the call in thing says, empty has been released by the customer.
The rail car is unloaded and ready for pick-up.

Here is So Cal that means the truck is sitting in Mira Loma http://wikimapia.org/8742784/Union-Pacific-Railroad-Automobile-Distribution-Center and waiting for a truck to pick it up and deliver it to the dealer. In San Diego it could be here https://www.pashagroup.com/locations/pasha-automotive-services/214. I don't know about anywhere else.
 
The rail car is unloaded and ready for pick-up.

Here is So Cal that means the truck is sitting in Mira Loma http://wikimapia.org/8742784/Union-Pacific-Railroad-Automobile-Distribution-Center and waiting for a truck to pick it up and deliver it to the dealer. In San Diego it could be here https://www.pashagroup.com/locations/pasha-automotive-services/214. I don't know about anywhere else.
I'm in the same situation as some of you. Tracked my truck and it arrived at the Mira Loma rail yard on 7/4. My dealer is about 75 miles away from that location. With all things aside like staffing shortages/strikes/etc, does anyone have a ballpark timeframe for how long it takes to complete the inspection off the railcar and then loaded to a vehicle transport truck? And would my dealer have the information of when it will be delivered?
 
Mine is shipping to Central Texas. It Left Kentucky last week and went to Roselake, Illinois. Doesn’t give me any more tracking info. I’m guessing it’s going to another rail company to make its way down south?
 
Mine is inbound to San Antonio, Texas. It switched to UP after it sat near Chicago for a few days. It’s over halfway though Arkansas now. It’s kind of neat tracking it cause every time I call the CSX status line it tells me the last UP checkpoint/city it went through. Hopefully that thing keeps on rolling.
 
Mine is inbound to San Antonio, Texas. It switched to UP after it sat near Chicago for a few days. It’s over halfway though Arkansas now. It’s kind of neat tracking it cause every time I call the CSX status line it tells me the last UP checkpoint/city it went through. Hopefully that thing keeps on rolling.
I tracked mine with CSX all the way to destination in Canada. I assume because it's still a csx car you should always be able to trace it.
 
I checked yesterday at 7:30 PM and there was "No Status Available". When I called a few minutes ago the railcar left out last night @ 11:11 PM and is due in today at 3:46 PM. From there it'll be up to when transporter gets there and hopefully it'll be one day this week.
 
My truck was loaded onto a rail car last week I reached out to my dealer and got the rail car number so I could use use the CSX phone tracking. I called in and went through the voice prompt process to check status. It worked great that being said I hate using voice response systems. I build stuff like this for a living so decided to call a few times to figure how I could create a speed dial on my I phone so all I have to do is push one button and wait without having to speak a single word. Thought others may appreciate this so thought I would share.

For my rail car TTGX 991571 the speed dial looks like this.

(800) 235-2352,1,,81814192,,,991571,,,##

Had to listen to the prompts a few times and do some trial and error with the pauses but I have confirmed this works.

To create your own speed dial replace the 819114192 with your info. To get this info you will need to press the number that contains the letter in your rail car info. T would be 81 as the T is the first letter on the 8 key. 991571 is the number portion of the rail car info.



Do not change the commas or #’s just replace the rail car info.
The rail car tracking is about as bad as Fords communication skills so I’m done with that…it’s shipped and it will get to the dealer when it gets there..🤪
 
The rail car tracking is about as bad as Fords communication skills so I’m done with that…it’s shipped and it will get to the dealer when it gets there..🤪
I found csx tracking to be excellent and it updated very fast. I called and sometimes I caught an update that happened minutes ago.
 
I found csx tracking to be excellent and it updated very fast. I called and sometimes I caught an update that happened minutes ago.
CSX tracking was great for me too. Everything goes dark once it is released to customer. Just sits in the yard waiting for final transport.
 
CSX tracking was great for me too. Everything goes dark once it is released to customer. Just sits in the yard waiting for final transport.
That’s where I’m at. My truck is in a rail yard in San Antonio. Got there there yesterday with an estimated eta to dealer of Aug 2.. The dealer is like 45 min away too. Sucks.
 
CSX tracking was great for me too. Everything goes dark once it is released to customer. Just sits in the yard waiting for final transport.
Yep mine has been sitting since Wednesday too and I emailed the dealer to see what's up but no response yet. Dealer is less than 20 minutes from the rail yard. Probably not allowed but I even asked if they could just send one of their guys over to get it.
 
Back
Top Bottom