Rail Car Tracking

Well I guess there will be no rail car tracking fun for me! My dealer will not give me the rail car number!:rolleyes:
 
Well I guess there will be no rail car tracking fun for me! My dealer will not give me the rail car number!:rolleyes:
Ask Ford chat for an update on your order, usually they will give you a railcar number if it’s assigned
 
Has anybody had any success tracking a BNSF railcar or one headed west? We have an Explorer that's been "shipped" for a month with no apparent movement. When I use the the CSX system with the TTGX or BNSF car initials it says it was released on 4/9 but the VVR shows transferred to bnsf on 4/14 and I cannot get any other info. My 2022 tremor has been sitting for 2 1/2 weeks waiting to get loaded on a train and Im guessing it will get loaded on a bnsf train as well. Id like to have a more reliable way to watch it progress once it starts moving down the tracks.
 
Has anybody had any success tracking a BNSF railcar or one headed west? We have an Explorer that's been "shipped" for a month with no apparent movement. When I use the the CSX system with the TTGX or BNSF car initials it says it was released on 4/9 but the VVR shows transferred to bnsf on 4/14 and I cannot get any other info. My 2022 tremor has been sitting for 2 1/2 weeks waiting to get loaded on a train and Im guessing it will get loaded on a bnsf train as well. Id like to have a more reliable way to watch it progress once it starts moving down the tracks.
Unfortunately you're out of luck. BNSF is the one rail company that doesn't have phone tracking unless you're their registered customer. You just have to have faith to be honest, I waited over two weeks for my BNSF rail to go from Kansas City to Fort Worth with no update for my Mach-E order. VVR just showed shipped rail until magically one day it said arrived rail.
 
Unfortunately you're out of luck. BNSF is the one rail company that doesn't have phone tracking unless you're their registered customer. You just have to have faith to be honest, I waited over two weeks for my BNSF rail to go from Kansas City to Fort Worth with no update for my Mach-E order. VVR just showed shipped rail until magically one day it said arrived rail.

I had good luck tracking my kid's Maverick without a rail car number using the chat feature on Ford. It's slow as it usually takes 20 minutes to get an answer and nowhere near as fun as the phone tracking but it works. Basically they check for you. All you need is the VIN and the associated customer information.
 
My truck showed up last night and the Csx tracking never updated once. It never even said it left Kentucky.
FED2E064-8520-4E6A-9060-26B2031BD7B6.webp
 
Tried to get my railcar # from Ford chat earlier and they said they didn’t have that info. Someone is FOS between them and the salesman. Probably both.
 
What does "released by customer" mean? Mine has this status in Kansas City, needs to get over another state to Colorado lol.
 
What does “actual placement of car” mean? Called the tracking for Norfolk Southern and it said this followed by a city in Missouri that I couldn’t quite make out. Sounded like Volk Missouri. Headed to Granger Motors
 
What does "released by customer" mean? Mine has this status in Kansas City, needs to get over another state to Colorado lol.
been tracking mine for the last few days. it arrived at our local union pacific automobile facility yesterday sun 6/19/22. then i got this same message on tracking. i would like to think it was the dealership, but seeing how it was sunday i doubt that, must be a default message generated upon arrival.
 
Perhaps this is already asked but TLDR...

Why is there no online tool for this? Terrorists or something??
 
My truck was loaded onto a rail car last week I reached out to my dealer and got the rail car number so I could use use the CSX phone tracking. I called in and went through the voice prompt process to check status. It worked great that being said I hate using voice response systems. I build stuff like this for a living so decided to call a few times to figure how I could create a speed dial on my I phone so all I have to do is push one button and wait without having to speak a single word. Thought others may appreciate this so thought I would share.

For my rail car TTGX 991571 the speed dial looks like this.

(800) 235-2352,1,,81814192,,,991571,,,##

Had to listen to the prompts a few times and do some trial and error with the pauses but I have confirmed this works.

To create your own speed dial replace the 819114192 with your info. To get this info you will need to press the number that contains the letter in your rail car info. T would be 81 as the T is the first letter on the 8 key. 991571 is the number portion of the rail car info.



Do not change the commas or #’s just replace the rail car info.
Amazing!!!! I have the date/time of delivery to the railyard! Jolagues I appreciate you!
 
What does “actual placement of car” mean? Called the tracking for Norfolk Southern and it said this followed by a city in Missouri that I couldn’t quite make out. Sounded like Volk Missouri. Headed to Granger Motors
That is the current status of mine. It means the train car hit the KC Voltz offload lot and is waiting to be trucked to Granger.
 
For any Canadians that didn't know, you can continue using the CSX phone tracer even when your railcar is handed to CN rail. My truck just rolled into Winnipeg.
 
My truck is in the rail yard in Tampa Fl....arrived there this morning.......salesman says there is a worker strike (unloaders) at the rail yard and that will delay my delivery......it's always something..........
 
My truck is in the rail yard in Tampa Fl....arrived there this morning.......salesman says there is a worker strike (unloaders) at the rail yard and that will delay my delivery......it's always something..........
I swear there is an excuse for everything the last couple years….
 
My truck is in the rail yard in Tampa Fl....arrived there this morning.......salesman says there is a worker strike (unloaders) at the rail yard and that will delay my delivery......it's always something..........
Send in the Pinkertons
 
  • Like
Reactions: VB!
Back
Top Bottom