Rail Car Tracking

Yep mine has been sitting since Wednesday too and I emailed the dealer to see what's up but no response yet. Dealer is less than 20 minutes from the rail yard. Probably not allowed but I even asked if they could just send one of their guys over to get it.
Yep mine has been sitting since Wednesday too and I emailed the dealer to see what's up but no response yet. Dealer is less than 20 minutes from the rail yard. Probably not allowed but I even asked if they could just send one of their guys over to get it.
This is what I got when I asked my dealer. I’m hoping it gets here sooner cause I’ll be in Florida for 10 days when it’s supposed to come in.

  1. you're already paying the destination amount
  2. if something happens to the unit, due to a fluid level being low, the dealership is responsible for any damages.
  3. it's covered by Ford's insurance until it gets delivered. Technically it's not our property until it's delivered. Our insurance may not cover it
 
Yep mine has been sitting since Wednesday too and I emailed the dealer to see what's up but no response yet. Dealer is less than 20 minutes from the rail yard. Probably not allowed but I even asked if they could just send one of their guys over to get it.
So frustrating having it so close and to sit and wait. Mine arrived at the railyard on 7/4 and the dealer is telling me it will arrive on 7/20. It's crazy that it took 2 weeks to go from KY to CA, and will be 2 more weeks to go the last 70 miles.
One thing my salesman told me is that Ford corporate sets up all the transport and the dealer is not the one who makes the arrangements for the final transport. I wish they could do more...
 
So frustrating having it so close and to sit and wait. Mine arrived at the railyard on 7/4 and the dealer is telling me it will arrive on 7/20. It's crazy that it took 2 weeks to go from KY to CA, and will be 2 more weeks to go the last 70 miles.
One thing my salesman told me is that Ford corporate sets up all the transport and the dealer is not the one who makes the arrangements for the final transport. I wish they could do more...
Buddy finally replied to my email and just gave me a generic non answer that it will arrive between July 27 to August 2.which is exactly the same as the Ford tracker. Did he actually contact the transporter? No way he did.

Sitting since July 6, only has to go 23 km. (15 Miles) I really hope not.
 
Buddy finally replied to my email and just gave me a generic non answer that it will arrive between July 27 to August 2.which is exactly the same as the Ford tracker. Did he actually contact the transporter? No way he did.

Sitting since July 6, only has to go 23 km. (15 Miles) I really hope not.
That’s the same ETA I have down here in Texas. My dealer didn’t seem to overly excited to look into the possibility of it getting there sooner. Wish I had a way to track when it would be picked up by the transport company.
 
That’s the same ETA I have down here in Texas. My dealer didn’t seem to overly excited to look into the possibility of it getting there sooner. Wish I had a way to track when it would be picked up by the transport company.
Well the dealer just emailed and it's at the dealer. I'll pick it up when I'm off on the 19th.
Screenshot_20220712-180712_Gmail.webp
 
Last edited:
Mine arrived in San Antonio last Sunday and had had no updates until today. As of this morning the CSX status says “Has been placed at customer location in Kirby, Texas.” Guess that just means it was unloaded and and will sit in a lot now awaiting transport. Who knows. Ford still shows ETA of Aug 2 to dealer.
 
This means just that, placed at location. It will literally say it's empty when it's empty. It will also update again when pulled from location
Mine arrived in San Antonio last Sunday and had had no updates until today. As of this morning the CSX status says “Has been placed at customer location in Kirby, Texas.” Guess that just means it was unloaded and and will sit in a lot now awaiting transport. Who knows. Ford still shows ETA of Aug 2 to dealer.
 
This means just that, placed at location. It will literally say it's empty when it's empty. It will also update again when pulled from location
Good to know. The wait continues. Lol
 
Mine arrived in San Antonio last Sunday and had had no updates until today. As of this morning the CSX status says “Has been placed at customer location in Kirby, Texas.” Guess that just means it was unloaded and and will sit in a lot now awaiting transport. Who knows. Ford still shows ETA of Aug 2 to dealer.
if i give you a railcar number can you tell me the location.....i may not have the right number to call...
 
Says released by the customer in Princeton Indiana on June 17th.
well......it wasnt even thought of being built then......was built 6/26 and shipped the 6/28 out of Ky
 
So what does it mean when it says “empty, released by the customer?”

Does that mean that it’s going to sit in a lot now and off the rail car or is it getting ready to be loaded up on a transport truck?
 
So what does it mean when it says “empty, released by the customer?”

Does that mean that it’s going to sit in a lot now and off the rail car or is it getting ready to be loaded up on a transport truck?
The railcar has been emptied and ready to be moved back into service. Your truck is now sitting at the ramp waiting for a semi transporter to load it & deliver it to the dealer. There is no longer any diy tracking for this step. You will need to rely on your dealer for any updates on the last leg of the journey.
 
The railcar has been emptied and ready to be moved back into service. Your truck is now sitting at the ramp waiting for a semi transporter to load it & deliver it to the dealer. There is no longer any diy tracking for this step. You will need to rely on your dealer for any updates on the last leg of the journey.
Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom