Rail Car Tracking

Tracking rail cars is actually kinda fun.
View attachment 47385

Well I guess I have not figured out the magic formula to track one.

The information I get when I call the number everyone says to call does not help.

According to the VVR my car number is BNSF301492, could someone track it to tell me what they find?

It says it was 'released by the customer" on Feb 10th in Ontario. Sounds like that railcar may not be in service right now. Do you know when the VVR says your truck was released from the plant? Should be the same line item that lists the railcar number.

It says it was 'released by the customer" on Feb 10th in Ontario. Sounds like that railcar may not be in service right now. Do you know when the VVR says your truck was released from the plant? Should be the same line item that lists the railcar number.

Thanks for calling....

Yep, sounds like I am calling the correct number, I hear the same thing when I call. Didn't know if it was waiting shipment or waiting a chip.

From top to bottom:

Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status date
In transit Received Ramp 8P, Shelbyville Mc, KY Feb 15
Awaiting Shipment Origin Received Ramp 1k, Kentucky Truck Feb 14
Awaiting Shipment Released Ramp Zq, Gfx Louisville Ky Feb 14

Does this give you the info to help?

What I call and they state “load” I’m figuring it’s for the loading of the rail car…but the next thing the say is the final destination and a date…is that date the expected arrival date or the departure date for that place?

Thanks for calling....

Yep, sounds like I am calling the correct number, I hear the same thing when I call. Didn't know if it was waiting shipment or waiting a chip.

From top to bottom:

Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status date
In transit Received Ramp 8P, Shelbyville Mc, KY Feb 15
Awaiting Shipment Origin Received Ramp 1k, Kentucky Truck Feb 14
Awaiting Shipment Released Ramp Zq, Gfx Louisville Ky Feb 14

Does this give you the info to help?
@Bodaway Any updates? The info from the VVR indicates it either hasn't been shipped or the system wasn't updated, which happens sometimes. It will explicitly state "shipped" with the railcar number once en route.

What I call and they state “load” I’m figuring it’s for the loading of the rail car…but the next thing the say is the final destination and a date…is that date the expected arrival date or the departure date for that place?
Estimated arrival date.

@Bodaway Any updates? The info from the VVR indicates it either hasn't been shipped or the system wasn't updated, which happens sometimes. It will explicitly state "shipped" with the railcar number once en route.
Mine appears to be in KC as of 3/14. I sure hope it gets to Granger before the end of the month.

I have some financing that the 1.5% expires march 31.

I read through this thread, but I still don’t understand which numbers you enter when you call. They are from your window sticker? Which ones?

Agree, your dealer can give you the rail car number off of the VVR.
From what I have seen it is hit or miss, I was not successful with tracking the rail car. Others have been able too.

Mine appears to be in KC as of 3/14. I sure hope it gets to Granger before the end of the month.

Have you had better luck? Mine seems to be reliving your past and is stuck in Shelbyville with no railcar number lol. Hope yours is getting out of the KC hellhole and getting delivered!

This worked PERFECTLY for me! Incredible! and, from this thread, knowing that the progress will be updated throughout the journey, I'll be dialing it incessantly after a long wait! For what it's worth, my truck was built 4/1...loaded on railcar. Train departed this morning (4/5) with estimated arrival in PA on 4/9. Ultimate destination is Chapman with Ford tracker ETA of 4/16 - 4/20.

Have you had better luck? Mine seems to be reliving your past and is stuck in Shelbyville with no railcar number lol. Hope yours is getting out of the KC hellhole and getting delivered!
Same here. It's been in Shelbyville since the 26th with no rail car number.

My truck was loaded onto a rail car last week I reached out to my dealer and got the rail car number so I could use use the CSX phone tracking. I called in and went through the voice prompt process to check status. It worked great that being said I hate using voice response systems. I build stuff like this for a living so decided to call a few times to figure how I could create a speed dial on my I phone so all I have to do is push one button and wait without having to speak a single word. Thought others may appreciate this so thought I would share.

For my rail car TTGX 991571 the speed dial looks like this.

(800) 235-2352,1,,81814192,,,991571,,,##

Had to listen to the prompts a few times and do some trial and error with the pauses but I have confirmed this works.

To create your own speed dial replace the 819114192 with your info. To get this info you will need to press the number that contains the letter in your rail car info. T would be 81 as the T is the first letter on the 8 key. 991571 is the number portion of the rail car info.

Do not change the commas or #’s just replace the rail car info.
This is awesome, so thank you. I had to add additional pauses after the phone number since 1 pause (,) was not enough. Here is how mine looks: 800-235-2352,,,,1,,81814192,,,994883,,,##.

Of course my problem is it says there is no record. I got my railcar number from my dealer here in Vegas (TTGX 994883). The dealer said it was in Shelbyville KY. My ramp code on my sticker says CB24. According to some GoogleFu it should be coming from:

Shelbyville Service Hub
885 Joyes Station Road, Shelbyville, KY 40065

and arriving at the railyard here in Vegas if I'm searching correct.

Southwest Transload & Distribution
4740 East Tropical Parkway, Las Vegas, NV 89115

It's supposed to be here between Apr 29-May 4, and I got the notification it was shipped on 4/5 from Ford. Looks like it hasn't really "shipped" yet though. If anyone has some insight and can look further I would appreciate it.

Ohh, I ordered mine on 11-15-21 and it had a build date of 3-28-22.

Last edited:

I can beat that, I had a sales tax holiday that expires March 15th…. Didn’t make it 😖

This is awesome, so thank you. I had to add additional pauses after the phone number since 1 pause (,) was not enough. Here is how mine looks: 800-235-2352,,,,1,,81814192,,,994883,,,##.

Of course my problem is it says there is no record. I got my railcar number from my dealer here in Vegas (TTGX 994883). The dealer said it was in Shelbyville KY. My ramp code on my sticker says CB24. According to some GoogleFu it should be coming from:

Shelbyville Service Hub

It's supposed to be here between Apr 29-May 4, and I got the notification it was shipped on 4/5 from Ford. Looks like it hasn't really "shipped" yet though. If anyone has some insight and can look further I would appreciate it.

I loved doing this. I actually miss it. Waiting for the truck was annoying, and exciting at the same time. :)

Everyone send @Vermonster their rail car numbers. I believe he just volunteered to track them! 😜

Everyone send @Vermonster their rail car numbers. I believe he just volunteered to track them! 😜
I still have the number as a speed dial / contact in my phone.

It’s in Phoenix Az and is empty as of 4/9. 😂

I still have the number as a speed dial / contact in my phone.

It’s in Phoenix Az and is empty as of 4/9. 😂

You obviously haven't the read the fine print of the Tremor Forum contract. It explicitly states not to stick your hand in the Monster's cage nor provide any sustenance outside of normal feeding hours... ;)

Shelbyville Service Hub

This worked! Thanks! Finally got a rail car. Truck is in Pueblo CO about 35 min from my dealer. Damn it this is killing me. LOL

Back