-
Featured
- #81
First small rain after the installation of this steel piece
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Where did you order the bolts from? Had many rainstorms here and still look good.First small rain after the installation of this steel pieceView attachment 160953View attachment 160954
Looks like regular black oxide steel fasteners. Those stainless ones shouldn't do that.First small rain after the installation of this steel pieceView attachment 160953View attachment 160954
Found them at ACE Hardware.Where did you order the bolts from? Had many rainstorms here and still look good.
Darn.Looks like regular black oxide steel fasteners. Those stainless ones shouldn't do that.
Those are plain steel screws. The have zero corrosion protection.First small rain after the installation of this steel pieceView attachment 160953View attachment 160954
Looks great buddyGot my Super Overland tailgate step cap delivered and installed today. Not difficult at all to install. I have seen mixed reviews, and my first impression is good. Time will tell, but I’m happy with it initially! The rest of the plastic tailgate cap will eventually be replaced too, as I’ve peeled it off inadvertently and just generally beat it up.
Edit: After I took pics I applied some meguiars plastic dressing to the tailgate cap..![]()
![]()
Not at all.When you placed and order for the step cap? How long did it take. I am at 5 weeks. I have a tracking label but for the last week it says USPS has not received the package. Is this normal shipping times for them? I emailed them a week ago with no response.
Mine took at least a month and I ended up calling them due to no response from email. Powder coating was the holdup in my case.Not at all.
I ordered 2 of them and got them both within a few days.
Wicked came out with one that looks much better IMO.
![]()
Does anyone have the Wicked one?Thanks for the link!
Do you have this on your Super Duty?
I was wondering if this one has the forward lip that goes down to conceal the inner hardware that is exposed with the Super Overland one discussed here.
I went to Wicked’s site and checked it to see if it has the lip but there are no pics of it from that angle. I also checked the Gallery of customers trucks but no pics there yet.
I did notice that they include a block to level the release button that is not shown in the pics you included.
I sent an email to Wicked asking about it late last week but haven’t received a reply as of yet.
Thanks!
ThanksMine took at least a month and I ended up calling them due to no response from email. Powder coating was the holdup in my case.
Does it fit flush with the rest of the top? I have a tonneau cover that I need it to seal across the top.Thanks
I got mine in. It took a week for USPS to get the box. Waiting sucks, but it's 20x better than the plastic one.
Yes sir it does.Does it fit flush with the rest of the top? I have a tonneau cover that I need it to seal across the top.
Thank you very much!Yes sir it does.
View attachment 177852