Plastic tailgate top

Hey guys just picked up a new Tremor , have not had a Ford since my 2016 F450 Platinum pickup , not just Ford seems just about every manufacture does not make a tailgate with a sturdy top and able to tie down and take a mild impact like to older trucks . The ruler on th gate is just useless , I have a manufacturing business with full machine shop , I have made my share of tailgate top guards and protectors , I am currently doing one for my 2024 , making a simple edge guard with removable tie down rail … very simple and it will protect the stupid plastic step , I’m surprised no one has come up with a different version .
 
They have!
1000010983.webp
 
Hey guys just picked up a new Tremor , have not had a Ford since my 2016 F450 Platinum pickup , not just Ford seems just about every manufacture does not make a tailgate with a sturdy top and able to tie down and take a mild impact like to older trucks . The ruler on th gate is just useless , I have a manufacturing business with full machine shop , I have made my share of tailgate top guards and protectors , I am currently doing one for my 2024 , making a simple edge guard with removable tie down rail … very simple and it will protect the stupid plastic step , I’m surprised no one has come up with a different version .
Awesome man, let us know what you come up with. I have the above mentioned steel step but am always open to better ideas!
 
With all the plastic and sensors a light weight rail would work the best up and above the edge , I allready started to put one together , I just have to machine out some excesses material to lighten it up . I want to be able to put my ATV and other ramps right up to the gate and not have to worry about impacting the plastic , my version should work great using the original push pin holes to fasten a rail . This is a pic of anther rail I made for a older truck , way over built out of aluminum
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8632.webp
    IMG_8632.webp
    226.9 KB · Views: 96
With all the plastic and sensors a light weight rail would work the best up and above the edge , I allready started to put one together , I just have to machine out some excesses material to lighten it up . I want to be able to put my ATV and other ramps right up to the gate and not have to worry about impacting the plastic , my version should work great using the original push pin holes to fasten a rail . This is a pic of anther rail I made for a older truck , way over built out of aluminum
Very nice brother! For the record, I love "over built"
 
While browsing the web, I found this product. Solves big gripe I have with the plastic one, which has gotten torn off before.

This is perfect. I was going to add a new plastic one a rivet it on like I have seen on youtube, but this is way better. Ordering it now.
 
Can’t believe there are 2 PCM in the tailgate , just started to mock up my design will use the holes where the plastic factory rivet holes are , still have to coat the rail but will protect the top , my version of the protector uses removable tie downs and the edge is bone the plastic edge 1/4 .
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8747.webp
    IMG_8747.webp
    192.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_8827.webp
    IMG_8827.webp
    112.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8825.webp
    IMG_8825.webp
    97.1 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom