Oil Shortage is a Real Thing

Whats wrong with running the 15w 40?
Not an approved weight for the 6.7. 10w30 or 5w40 are the accepted weights.

I grabbed 3 gallons of 10w30 T6 a few weeks back, it was all that was on the shelf. I would prefer 5w40, but I am due for a change in a few weeks. Might do it now before the weather turns. Still need to find another gallon though.
 
Not an approved weight for the 6.7. 10w30 or 5w40 are the accepted weights.

I grabbed 3 gallons of 10w30 T6 a few weeks back, it was all that was on the shelf. I would prefer 5w40, but I am due for a change in a few weeks. Might do it now before the weather turns. Still need to find another gallon though.
You can run 15w40… it’s approved. Even lists it in the manual. At work on the street side, they have a fleet of 6.7 powerstroke trucks, all run bulk 15w40 from the cheapest supplier. The supervisor has told me they haven’t had an engine failure either, bulk as in non synthetic, cheapest bid.


 
Last edited:
You can run 15w40… it’s approved. Even lists it in the manual. At work on the street side, they have a fleet of 6.7 powerstroke trucks, all run bulk 15w40 from the cheapest supplier. The supervisor has told me they haven’t had an engine failure either, bulk as in non synthetic, cheapest bid.


10w30 & 5w40 is what is listed on my oil fill cap.
Due to the temps I see in Ohio, I prefer to err on the side of caution and run 5w40.
10w30 will get me down to 0F. We have a few days/weeks that cold on the lake.
5w40 covers me to -20F
 
10w30 & 5w40 is what is listed on my oil fill cap.
Due to the temps I see in Ohio, I prefer to err on the side of caution and run 5w40.
10w30 will get me down to 0F. We have a few days/weeks that cold on the lake.
5w40 covers me to -20F
Read your manual. 15w40 is approved.
 
Back
Top Bottom