Oil Shortage is a Real Thing

I just have the dealer do it. I don't have to mess with this nonsense.

One less thing to worry about.

Till you need to change your oil and have to get out a impact to back out your oil pan drain plug. ๐Ÿ”ง๐Ÿ”ง๐Ÿ”ง๐Ÿ”ง๐Ÿ”ง๐Ÿ”ง๐Ÿ”ง

:cool::cool:๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ
 
Order triax online, I just bought 4 gallons for $115 with free shipping.
 
The Motor Oil Geek warned of this back in April after the Shell plant in Qatar that makes a lot of base oil... for the world... was knocked off line by the Iranians.

I took his advice and stocked up then.
 
Luckily I've got ~50k more miles to worry about that on both vehicles. Prepaid service plans.
I wonder how much dealerships are charging for a 15 quart oil change on the HO 6.7 right now?
 
Iโ€™ve got 3 - 6 gallon cases in the garage. Bought them by accident last year ๐Ÿ˜‚
 
I might have had a discount/promo code at the time. $145 is what I normally pay though. Still a good price.
 
Not saying various places donโ€™t have shortages but from a refining perspective diesel/kerosene/heating fuel/jet fuel is the shortage. Engine oil is a by product so likely is a small issue. Gasoline will likely be the next major shortage.
 
You say you don't want to cause panic buying followed up by immediately suggesting people start panic buying.

As Toxo just noted, and how I take it, is to have a "prudent supply".

Then, months from now or a little later, start panic buying. :LOL:



Regardless of the motor...if you don't have on-hand 2-3 oil changes worth of supplies I'm not sure we can be friends. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

:cool::cool:๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ

Ed Zachary.
 
Ed Zachary.

tenor.gif
 
I've not changed my own oil in at least 35 years. It's their problem if they screw it up.
We balance each other out, then, because I've NOT let someone else change my oil in 44 years since I learned how at age 10. Got a 80cc dirtbike at 10 years old and haven't had anyone change the oil in a vehicle ever since.

That being said, I will reluctantly admit that I let someone else do the bearings on my tandem axle trailer a couple years ago when I was pinched for time.
 
Last edited:
Regardless of the motor...if you don't have on-hand 2-3 oil changes worth of supplies I'm not sure we can be friends. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

:cool::cool:๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ
I've got enough oil and filters on hand for about 18 oil changes...does that mean we're best friends?
 
We balance each other out, then, because I've NOT let someone else change my oil in 44+ years. Got a 80cc dirtbike at 10 years old and haven't had anyone change the oil in a vehicle ever since.

That being said, I will reluctantly admit that I let someone else do the bearings on my tandem axle trailer a couple years ago when I was pinched for time.
Proud to say I have never paid for an oil change in my life :cool:
 
Glad I stocked up when Sam's Club had it on sale. Between that and the Shell rebates I got 12 gallons of T6 5-40 for $8.66/ea ๐Ÿ˜‚
 
Amazon did not have 5w-40 Rotella T6 but plenty of 15w-40 at a reasonable price. It took me 3 trips to Walmart to find 5w-40 in stock. $33 a gal ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Whats wrong with running the 15w 40?
 
Back
Top Bottom