📍 Meet-Up Moab, UT off-road meet-up - Sept. 24 - 27, 2026 - Attendees: Post your favorite photos and share highlights / favorite memories

Added to Calendar: 09-24-26

Meet-Up📍
First off—please bring your dad. That's exactly the kind of thing these trips should be about. Getting him out to Moab for a bucket list run with you is far more important than what logo is on the grille. I'm genuinely glad this trip gave you a reason to make that happen, and I hope you two have an incredible time out there together.

I want to clarify something, because I think my original post may have come across more heavy-handed than I intended: I'm not trying to exclude anyone. That was never the goal, and I'm sorry if it read that way.

That said, I do want to reinforce why this meetup exists. Many of us have tried to join Jeep clubs, SxS groups, or other off-road gatherings and found that full-size trucks aren't always welcomed or wanted. We're too slow, too big, or just not the "right" vehicle. This meetup was organized specifically so Tremor owners could get their trucks out on the trails together—without feeling like the odd ones out. That's the whole point.

When we take group photos on this trip, the intention is to capture a line of Tremors on the trail. That's part of what makes these gatherings special—seeing what our platform can do and documenting it together. A mixed assortment of vehicles changes that.

I understand there are many reasons someone might want to bring a different vehicle to Moab. But with all the Jeep clubs, SxS groups, and other options available—not to mention the ability to plan your own trip any time—I'd gently ask: if someone isn't planning to bring their Tremor, what draws them to this particular gathering? The trails will be there for any vehicle on any trip. The chance to wheel with a group of fellow Tremor owners is what makes this one different.

Your situation with your dad is unique, and I respect it completely. You're both welcome to join us. I just want to be clear about what this trip was built around and why it matters to those of us who put it together.

Looking forward to seeing you both in September.

To answer your question, I guess what would draw me to this event is the fact that I assume that this group thinks outside of the prescribed norms when it comes to what they choose to wheel and own. I, too, choose to use a HD truck off-road, hence why I own my Tremor, albeit not to the capacity of a Jeep or Bronco, etc., but it does see more off-road use than my HD trucks in the past (less the Power Wagon), as the Tremor package lends itself to that. That's why I am a participating member of this forum. I might shy away from the adolescent humor and drivel readily available on here, as they aren't my cup of tea these days, but I do enjoy the access to product reviews, tech knowledge, and general interest of the platform. I don't participate in any other off-road groups these days, so this is my one outlet to get out in a group setting and attend cool trips in a 4x4.

If you want to champion yourselves as a different kind of 4x4 group, yet you align the group with the same exclusivity mindset, then in reality, it's no different than anything else IMHO. If this weren't a trip my father had an interest in, I'd be there in my Tremor, and who knows, I might be, as a lot can change between now and then. I am not looking for pity pass because of my father's health, I am simply explaining why I was planning to run the trails in his truck. At the end of the day, the trip for us is bigger than which particular vehicle we will be in; it's about making sure my father fulfills a goal while he still can. I apologize for assuming we could tag along without prejudice.

Maybe I have misjudged the general tone of most participants on this forum, maybe this isn't the group for me to participate in, at least not in face-to-face events, if I don't adhere to the groupthink mindset?! At the end of the day, it's your event, and if you don't want non-HD Tremors to participate, just say so.
 
To answer your question, I guess what would draw me to this event is the fact that I assume that this group thinks outside of the prescribed norms when it comes to what they choose to wheel and own. I, too, choose to use a HD truck off-road, hence why I own my Tremor, albeit not to the capacity of a Jeep or Bronco, etc., but it does see more off-road use than my HD trucks in the past (less the Power Wagon), as the Tremor package lends itself to that. That's why I am a participating member of this forum. I might shy away from the adolescent humor and drivel readily available on here, as they aren't my cup of tea these days, but I do enjoy the access to product reviews, tech knowledge, and general interest of the platform. I don't participate in any other off-road groups these days, so this is my one outlet to get out in a group setting and attend cool trips in a 4x4.

If you want to champion yourselves as a different kind of 4x4 group, yet you align the group with the same exclusivity mindset, then in reality, it's no different than anything else IMHO. If this weren't a trip my father had an interest in, I'd be there in my Tremor, and who knows, I might be, as a lot can change between now and then. I am not looking for pity pass because of my father's health, I am simply explaining why I was planning to run the trails in his truck. At the end of the day, the trip for us is bigger than which particular vehicle we will be in; it's about making sure my father fulfills a goal while he still can. I apologize for assuming we could tag along without prejudice.

Maybe I have misjudged the general tone of most participants on this forum, maybe this isn't the group for me to participate in, at least not in face-to-face events, if I don't adhere to the groupthink mindset?! At the end of the day, it's your event, and if you don't want non-HD Tremors to participate, just say so.

I think we're talking past each other a bit here, and I don't want to keep going in circles.

To be clear: no one has been excluded. No firm line has been drawn. At no point have I said you can't attend or that you aren't welcome. You are—and so is your dad, in whatever vehicle you choose to bring.

For what it's worth, I don't have any experience with Jeep clubs, SxS groups, or other off-road organizations. I've organized meetups for this forum because I enjoy my truck and want to get out and use it with others who feel the same way. That's my only frame of reference. I'm not trying to replicate exclusionary behavior I've encountered elsewhere—I haven't encountered it. I genuinely can't speak to what other groups do or how they operate. My intent has always been simple: get Tremor owners together to take our trucks off-roading.

My earlier posts were meant to explain that intent and encourage those who were on the fence to bring their Tremors. That's it.

I hope you and your father join us. Truly. The trip you're planning with him is something special, and I'd be glad to have you both out on the trails with the group. But that's your call to make, and I'll respect whatever you decide.

I'm going to leave it here.
 
We are thinking about renting a vehicle one day to go out and try something’s that we wouldn’t do in the truck if anyone’s interested.
 
I understand where you're coming from and agree that bikes and SxS's do move more quickly than any of the traditional 4x4's but I wouldn't be quick to exclude anyone. This is a HD Tremor group, but some might want to run a different vehicle for part of the event, and that should be welcomed so long as they know the possible shortcomings and setbacks of doing so. I have no plans to bring a SxS or bike for this one, but if I did, I'd still expect to be welcomed, especially as a Tremor owner, active member, and supporter of this forum/group.

At the moment, I am planning to run the trails in my father's Gladiator Rubicon on 37's. He's aging and in declining health, and this is one of his bucket list off-road trips, so I figured this would be a great opportunity/excuse to get him out there while we still can. The Jeep won't hold the trucks back (quite the opposite, really), and we can kindly dismiss ourselves from group pics if it'll "tarnish" the truck photos?!

In regards to GMRS comms, I ride bikes off-road, and I wear a handheld radio with shoulder and helmet mics; most do these days. Throwing a $35 Boafeng in your SxS is an easy and affordable option, and it brings everyone together on the comms.

I don't want to start a thing, but if you start to exclude people/vehicles, then the group is no better than the Jeep clubs and SxS groups everyone was complaining about earlier in the thread. If this is a non-starter and Tremors are the only thing to be allowed on this trip, we can sit this out and run our own trails separate from the forum meetup. I hope it doesn't come to that, but the simple fact that this is already being discussed gives me pause about the direction of this event. I've already booked lodging, so we will be there on those dates, but if we aren't welcome, let me know, and we will plan to do our own thing.

That's really great you get to bring your father, you need to do that especially in his Gladiator.

One thing I will mention is that Moab is iconic and there are trails that exemplify that such as Hell's Revenge. Even baby lions back, takes only a few minutes and is just past the entrance to Hell's Revenge and on the way to Fins, is something you should do with the Gladiator. I'd consider breaking away and doing your own thing on occasion to fill that bucket with memories. Even though our Tremors are capable of doing some of those trails, I personally wouldn't recommend it and I've seen a Platinum Superduty out at the overlook near Hell's Gate, I offered to help if he wanted to do Hell's Gate but he wasn't willing.

Here's a video I did of Baby Lions back. I bought a drone on the way to Moab and wanted to try it out plus it's fully edited on my phone. The video was more to show I could do it than it was to be an epic masterpiece.

I think a Tremor could do Baby Lions back, my only concern would be departure angle on the last part. I can't remember if the TFL guys did it with power wagon or not but the first time I met the TFL guys out in Moab they were shooting a video of a subaru at Baby Lions back.

Other iconic spots that are a better fit for the Jeeps capabilities I can think of are Top of the World and the Golden Crack.

47851AE4-A2B5-44FF-9250-3E1BF0583031.webp

IMG_5254.webp
 
Last edited:
Confirmed in a dry "overflow" RV spot, 65B.
 
I looked back through my pictures it was the Ram Rebel vs Touareg, not power wagon and Subaru.

Video set to play of the Touareg on Baby Lions Back, I don't see that they did it with the Rebel but it has much better footage of the exit than my video above. Probably not an issue for a Tremor.

 
Last edited:
OK, now that we've got our site located, I'm starting the post to track whose in. This is looking to be another epic meet-up if everyone listed below (and others not listed) decide to join in. We're currently at an estimated 30 trucks, and if I'm counting correctly, coming from 13 different states! Wow!

If you're not listed below and planning to attend, please let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Confirmed Attendees
Pending Confirmation
Check out post #65 for details on where we'll be staying.

Hey Mike - you can move me to the "confirmed" ! Working logistics out and will likely be wingmaning across this great country of ours from Florida with a buddy who just bought a tremor as well, but has yet to join the forum. I'll share his username when he does so your count stays accurate. We're going to grab an airbnb at one of the neighborhoods adjacent to the meetup location so we won't miss out on any of the onsite shenanigans (aka bourbon and cigars)! Also, I'm pretty dang sure we'll each be accompanied by a bride this trip and FOR SURE Cooper the Tremor Trail dog is already packing his bag for the trip!
 
Last edited:
I looked back through my pictures it was the Ram Rebel vs Touareg, not power wagon and Subaru.

Video set to play of the Touareg on Baby Lions Back, I don't see that they did it with the Rebel but it has much better footage of the exit than my video above. Probably not an issue for a Tremor.

guess I'm out on the trip

I'm trading my truck in tomorrow for a Touareg with a rear diff locker.

i bet it would they could get it to pull my gooseneck too.

🐎💩
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

nothing in all that a tremor can't do
🤣😂🤣😂🤣

the absolute off-road sleeper👍

see ya in moab
in my tremor
doing things that say can't be done
in way more comfort than everything else out there

gonna be a kick

my opinion, and i know it's worth exactly what you're paying for it, but here it is & it's what I'd do.

if my father really really wanted to do this or that in his gladiator

I'd load it on my trailer & haul it to moab with my tremor. if he is capable of driving there & wanted to, then I'd caravan with him there.

I'd do all the group tremor stuff in my tremor with the tremor group.

either before or after the tremor activities I'd endulge my dad in his gladiator with whatever he wanted to do.


just having a tremor, going to a tremor event, not participating in the tremor activities with my tremor.

????????????

don't make no stinkin sense

????????????

not that anyone isn't welcome

just don't make no stinkin sense

??????????????

I've been told on here I'm missin some comprehension & understanding??????

maybe that's it???????

cause

it just don't may no stinkin sense

????????

just sayin!!!!!!!!!!

hope to see everyone participating with their tremors at the tremor events.

thought that was the point????

understanding & comprehension
again? maybe?????

after the group stuff, I'll go wherever anyone wants to go, in whatever they want to go in. offering all the support i can or they need or want.

but I'm doing the tremor activities in my tremor, with all the other tremors.

just tell me where to be & what time if you want support after that. I'll be there!!!!!

this could be epic!!!!!
 
guess I'm out on the trip

I'm trading my truck in tomorrow for a Touareg with a rear diff locker.

i bet it would they could get it to pull my gooseneck too.

🐎💩
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

nothing in all that a tremor can't do
🤣😂🤣😂🤣

the absolute off-road sleeper👍

see ya in moab
in my tremor
doing things that say can't be done
in way more comfort than everything else out there

gonna be a kick

my opinion, and i know it's worth exactly what you're paying for it, but here it is & it's what I'd do.

if my father really really wanted to do this or that in his gladiator

I'd load it on my trailer & haul it to moab with my tremor. if he is capable of driving there & wanted to, then I'd caravan with him there.

I'd do all the group tremor stuff in my tremor with the tremor group.

either before or after the tremor activities I'd endulge my dad in his gladiator with whatever he wanted to do.


just having a tremor, going to a tremor event, not participating in the tremor activities with my tremor.

????????????

don't make no stinkin sense

????????????

not that anyone isn't welcome

just don't make no stinkin sense

??????????????

I've been told on here I'm missin some comprehension & understanding??????

maybe that's it???????

cause

it just don't may no stinkin sense

????????

just sayin!!!!!!!!!!

hope to see everyone participating with their tremors at the tremor events.

thought that was the point????

understanding & comprehension
again? maybe?????

after the group stuff, I'll go wherever anyone wants to go, in whatever they want to go in. offering all the support i can or they need or want.

but I'm doing the tremor activities in my tremor, with all the other tremors.

just tell me where to be & what time if you want support after that. I'll be there!!!!!

this could be epic!!!!!
I've said many times, you can ride with me! 🤪

Hey Mike - you can move me to the "confirmed" ! Working logistics out and will likely be wingmaning across this great country of ours from Florida with a buddy who just bought a tremor as well, but has yet to join the forum. I'll share his username when he does so you're count stays accurate. We're going to grab an airbnb at one of the neighborhoods adjacent to the meetup location so we won't miss out on any of the onsite shenanigans (aka bourbon and cigars)! Also, I'm pretty dang sure we'll each be accompanied by a bride this trip and FOR SURE Cooper the Tremor Trail dog is already packing his bag for the trip!
You're bringing a friend with a Tremor!? Why the hell would you do that!? What kind of forum do you think this is!?
 
guess I'm out on the trip

I'm trading my truck in tomorrow for a Touareg with a rear diff locker.

i bet it would they could get it to pull my gooseneck too.

That wasn’t the point in why I posted it. I think some of you guys should do that obstacle with Tremors.

When I’ve been a part of our jeep trips we don’t all do the same thing every day. Sometimes trails are too much for some, they may want a break to tour around, may have some sites they want to see etc. sometimes groups get too big and we hope people want to find other things to do.

But at the end of the day if we are meeting up around a fire or at a restaurant most people show up and hang out.

Sometimes people can’t make the group events because they broke down and are fixing their rig.

But to your point for the Gladiator another option is that they arrive early or stay late by a couple days to do the Jeep stuff which would allow the Tremor stuff too.
 
That wasn’t the point in why I posted it. I think some of you guys should do that obstacle with Tremors.

When I’ve been a part of our jeep trips we don’t all do the same thing every day. Sometimes trails are too much for some, they may want a break to tour around, may have some sites they want to see etc. sometimes groups get too big and we hope people want to find other things to do.

But at the end of the day if we are meeting up around a fire or at a restaurant most people show up and hang out.

Sometimes people can’t make the group events because they broke down and are fixing their rig.

But to your point for the Gladiator another option is that they arrive early or stay late by a couple days to do the Jeep stuff which would allow the Tremor stuff too.
I appreciate your input, brother. It's always good to know someone whose actually been through the hanger...er, ringer, I mean Cliffhanger!

Keep posting so we can pick your brain 😁.
 
Hey Mike - you can move me to the "confirmed" ! Working logistics out and will likely be wingmaning across this great country of ours from Florida with a buddy who just bought a tremor as well, but has yet to join the forum. I'll share his username when he does so you're count stays accurate. We're going to grab an airbnb at one of the neighborhoods adjacent to the meetup location so we won't miss out on any of the onsite shenanigans (aka bourbon and cigars)! Also, I'm pretty dang sure we'll each be accompanied by a bride this trip and FOR SURE Cooper the Tremor Trail dog is already packing his bag for the trip!
One option to consider is to rent one of their RVs. They do have some that are 2 bedroom units, possibly a good option for two couples.
 
That wasn’t the point in why I posted it. I think some of you guys should do that obstacle with Tremors.

When I’ve been a part of our jeep trips we don’t all do the same thing every day. Sometimes trails are too much for some, they may want a break to tour around, may have some sites they want to see etc. sometimes groups get too big and we hope people want to find other things to do.

But at the end of the day if we are meeting up around a fire or at a restaurant most people show up and hang out.

Sometimes people can’t make the group events because they broke down and are fixing their rig.

But to your point for the Gladiator another option is that they arrive early or stay late by a couple days to do the Jeep stuff which would allow the Tremor stuff too.
totally jokin around about the vid

infact the vid help reinforce the (my) confidence our trucks can handle those. thanks for sharing.

but!!!!!!
I'd never go do them in a vw either!!!
🤣😅🤣😅🤣😅😂😅🤣

don't know if they fear liability issues but trail mater (mike) steered me away from trying any of those.

just got on a roll concerning having a tremor, at a tremor get together, with tremor group activities, but participating not using the tremor?????

also don't get coming to a tremor event & planning totally different activities from the group??????

I'm at a loss of understanding it

thats all

to each their own
we're all grown men
do what you want, the way you want

it's just my plan to participate with the group as much as i can. putting names & faces to the forum names. so far it's been nothing but getting to know some pretty special folks so far. if i wasn't participating with the group i would have never met or become better acquainted.

looking forward to seeing old friends again & making new old friends i hope.

be safe!!!!
 
That's really great you get to bring your father, you need to do that especially in his Gladiator.

One thing I will mention is that Moab is iconic and there are trails that exemplify that such as Hell's Revenge. Even baby lions back, takes only a few minutes and is just past the entrance to Hell's Revenge and on the way to Fins, is something you should do with the Gladiator. I'd consider breaking away and doing your own thing on occasion to fill that bucket with memories. Even though our Tremors are capable of doing some of those trails, I personally wouldn't recommend it and I've seen a Platinum Superduty out at the overlook near Hell's Gate, I offered to help if he wanted to do Hell's Gate but he wasn't willing.

Here's a video I did of Baby Lions back. I bought a drone on the way to Moab and wanted to try it out plus it's fully edited on my phone. The video was more to show I could do it than it was to be an epic masterpiece.

I think a Tremor could do Baby Lions back, my only concern would be departure angle on the last part. I can't remember if the TFL guys did it with power wagon or not but the first time I met the TFL guys out in Moab they were shooting a video of a subaru at Baby Lions back.

Other iconic spots that are a better fit for the Jeeps capabilities I can think of are Top of the World and the Golden Crack.

View attachment 240520
View attachment 240521

I've been to Moab a few times over the years, but it's been a minute, and the last time was on two wheels, so it'll be an adventure for myself as well. Yes, there are a lot more opportunities out there for the Jeeps than there are for our trucks, and we will likely hit a few of the more difficult trails on our own. Maybe we will do our own thing altogether in the end, who knows?

I took my Power Wagon down Black Bear even after many said it shouldn't be done, no issues, just lots of small three-point turns lol. Sometimes these trucks can do more than many give them credit for. That said, approach and departure angles will be what holds them back on the rocks more than anything, and how willing owners will be to endure body damage.
 
Count me in. Booked a B&B near the camp site. Brining the wife and kids.
Look forward to this.
Moab has been on the to do list.
Another Vegas Tremorite rollin' though! Let's go baby!
 
Video set to play of the Touareg on Baby Lions Back, I don't see that they did it with the Rebel but it has much better footage of the exit than my video above. Probably not an issue for a Tremor.

Baby lions back was a blast in the F250- Just watch out for the watering hole at the end! lol- was substantially deeper than I expected given the rain the days leading up to my last trip. Its a good obstacle anyone can do without really risking damage too

the departure angle at the end was fine- no hit at all for me. Departure angle was interesting on fins and things tho.

 
Back
Top Bottom