FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

I don’t understand the constraint thing. I have 5th prep. And got scheduled the other day. Order placed way after many on here.

I really wonder if getting scheduled is totally based on dealer allocation. Ordered from Kendall Kenai, AK if anyone is curious.
 
There has been a lot of people that ordered the same truck with the same stuff that I did and months after I did that for scheduled. At this point point I’m not making any changes to my order since you never now when you will get picked.
I don’t even think that dealer allocation has anything to do with it.
 
Sorry I should have proof read my message. Priority 2
Parts that are mostly holding up orders that we've seen are massaging seats, 5WP, bed liner, AS. After that it's semiconductor chips that control other options and supply chain issues which is why Ford has removed, everything from LED lights to roof marker lights.

Cosmetically you can imitate a Tremor easily... however the main difference is within the computer. You can't simply install the different modes from a Tremor/ Raptor to a non Tremor. At least, not that we've seen.

But I've said it multiple times that for its cost, you can buy a nice carli suspension instead and be farther ahead than a stock Tremor.

Either way, you'll be happy with your SD.
 
Parts that are mostly holding up orders that we've seen are massaging seats, 5WP, bed liner, AS. After that it's semiconductor chips that control other options and supply chain issues which is why Ford has removed, everything from LED lights to roof marker lights.

Cosmetically you can imitate a Tremor easily... however the main difference is within the computer. You can't simply install the different modes from a Tremor/ Raptor to a non Tremor. At least, not that we've seen.

But I've said it multiple times that for its cost, you can buy a nice carli suspension instead and be farther ahead than a stock Tremor.

Either way, you'll be happy with your SD.
I guess if you don't get the steering stabilizer, sway bars, radius arms and install yourself you can get a set up and new wheels and tires for the price of a tremor package
 
I guess if you don't get the steering stabilizer, sway bars, radius arms and install yourself you can get a set up and new wheels and tires for the price of a tremor package

Wheels aren't a necessity and the Duratrak tires are cheap.. So that's a non issue.

He could easily buy a Carli Backcountry kit which is 2600$ and have a system that's easily better than a Tremor setup. Heck even the commuter system rides better than stock and that's 2k.

Do I think the Tremor package is worth it? Yes, hence why i have a 2020 and have a 2022 on order.. but there are tons of people who don't think it is. And now that he's can't opt back in for the Tremor package this gives him an alternative.
 
Parts that are mostly holding up orders that we've seen are massaging seats, 5WP, bed liner, AS. After that it's semiconductor chips that control other options and supply chain issues which is why Ford has removed, everything from LED lights to roof marker lights.

Cosmetically you can imitate a Tremor easily... however the main difference is within the computer. You can't simply install the different modes from a Tremor/ Raptor to a non Tremor. At least, not that we've seen.

But I've said it multiple times that for its cost, you can buy a nice carli suspension instead and be farther ahead than a stock Tremor.

Either way, you'll be happy with your SD.
The main reason I went with the Tremor is the looks. I like the idea of having the limited slip front dif, higher water fording capabilities, and the rock crawl mode, but I never go off roading. I would like the ability to, if the occasion comes where I would need it, but I don't think that is likely. I like a mildly lifted truck with 18" wheels and 35's, and that's what the tremor offers with a factory warranty. The only thing I don't like about the tremor are the wheels, which I would end up changing anyway.
If I build it myself, I was thinking about putting on the ReadyLift 2.5" level kit with the falcon shocks, Fuel Bltz D673 wheels, and 285/75R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. That setup costs more than the Tremor package as far as I can find. I'm trying to get the dealer to agree to install these items for the same price as the Tremor package.
So what are your thoughts, with the given info? Should I put the Tremor package back on, go for the setup I mentioned, or would you suggest a different setup?
 
There has been a lot of people that ordered the same truck with the same stuff that I did and months after I did that for scheduled. At this point point I’m not making any changes to my order since you never now when you will get picked.
I don’t even think that dealer allocation has anything to do with it.
If the scheduled trucks that you are comparing to are from the same dealer as yours I would agree with your last statement. My view, however, is that dealer sales volume and allocation absolutely play a part but are not the only factors.
 
Last edited:
The main reason I went with the Tremor is the looks. I like the idea of having the limited slip front dif, higher water fording capabilities, and the rock crawl mode, but I never go off roading. I would like the ability to, if the occasion comes where I would need it, but I don't think that is likely. I like a mildly lifted truck with 18" wheels and 35's, and that's what the tremor offers with a factory warranty. The only thing I don't like about the tremor are the wheels, which I would end up changing anyway.
If I build it myself, I was thinking about putting on the ReadyLift 2.5" level kit with the falcon shocks, Fuel Bltz D673 wheels, and 285/75R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. That setup costs more than the Tremor package as far as I can find. I'm trying to get the dealer to agree to install these items for the same price as the Tremor package.
So what are your thoughts, with the given info? Should I put the Tremor package back on, go for the setup I mentioned, or would you suggest a different setup?
Back in December I dropped AS. Ended up going from a priority 11 to a 2. Decided to put AS back on 3rd week of January and bumped me to a priority 10. 2 weeks later I got a vin. 🤷‍♂️ I haven’t heard that tremors package is holding up builds. I would option it the way you want it and wait. Just my opinion.
 
There has been a lot of people that ordered the same truck with the same stuff that I did and months after I did that for scheduled. At this point point I’m not making any changes to my order since you never now when you will get picked.
I don’t even think that dealer allocation has anything to do with it.
I agree with you. It makes no sense on how they schedule. I had a dec 28th order and got picked up this week. I noticed this weeks schedule was a lot of dec and Jan orders.
 
The main reason I went with the Tremor is the looks. I like the idea of having the limited slip front dif, higher water fording capabilities, and the rock crawl mode, but I never go off roading. I would like the ability to, if the occasion comes where I would need it, but I don't think that is likely. I like a mildly lifted truck with 18" wheels and 35's, and that's what the tremor offers with a factory warranty. The only thing I don't like about the tremor are the wheels, which I would end up changing anyway.
If I build it myself, I was thinking about putting on the ReadyLift 2.5" level kit with the falcon shocks, Fuel Bltz D673 wheels, and 285/75R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. That setup costs more than the Tremor package as far as I can find. I'm trying to get the dealer to agree to install these items for the same price as the Tremor package.
So what are your thoughts, with the given info? Should I put the Tremor package back on, go for the setup I mentioned, or would you suggest a different setup?

Id still get the Tremor package if i were you because IMO the computer, full time rear E locker, limited slip front and running boards are worth the price. I loved my 2020 F350 Tremor just the way it was for quite a while before wanting to change it.

It's why I bought a 2020 and have a 22 on order. For what I do it's the perfect blend of work truck, off roader and long haul cruiser.

If I were you I'd put the package back on.. You won't regret it.
 
I’ve been hoping and praying my platinum tremor would be built since July. I have done everything the dealership recommended to speed up my truck being picked up, but nothing. I’ve removed the AS, spray in liner, and mud flaps. I’m at a priority, but nothing has changed in months. I talked to. The sales manager yesterday and he contacted Ford to see what is holding up my truck. He told me if I dropped the tremor package that it would help a lot. As much as I hated t do that, I went ahead and dropped it. I will build it myself, I guess. If I go a couple more months without it being picked up, I will put the tremor back on. I don’t understand why I seem to be seeing alot of tremors being built, if that is what is holding up my build. He never mentioned the seats or anything else on my build as being a problem. I just don’t understand. Help me guys!
I would put the Tremor package back on it. Unless you were planning on swapping out wheels and suspension from the get go. What are you going to do for the front axle? It’s not hard to put a locker in there it is just really costly in the aftermarket
 
Back in December I dropped AS. Ended up going from a priority 11 to a 2. Decided to put AS back on 3rd week of January and bumped me to a priority 10. 2 weeks later I got a vin. 🤷‍♂️ I haven’t heard that tremors package is holding up builds. I would option it the way you want it and wait. Just my opinion.
Ya, I haven't seen that priority 2 has done anything to expedite getting scheduled. Is it just something Ford says to pacify their customers?
 
I would put the Tremor package back on it. Unless you were planning on swapping out wheels and suspension from the get go. What are you going to do for the front axle? It’s not hard to put a locker in there it is just really costly in the aftermarket
I wasn't going to do anything with the front axle. You guys are making me lean back towards putting the package back on.
I have been waiting for it to be picked up for over 10 months. I waited quite awhile before I started removing options. Removing the Tremor package was out of the question. So I remove the items that are supposedly holding my truck up from being picked up, but still nothing happens after months of waiting. It wore me down to thinking, do I want to wait for what I ordered and possibly never get it or follow the recommendation of Ford and drop the Tremor package and at least get a truck? I don't know if removing the Tremor package will help speed things up either. Nothing I've done so far has. Am I being unreasonable in my thought process?
 
I changed my order like 6 times, doesn’t really matter. I was finally scheduled after 6 months at granger w/ 5th wheel prep but I think it was just a combo of timing and matching what their scheduling batch calls for bc others near my order date were also scheduled
 
I changed my order like 6 times, doesn’t really matter. I was finally scheduled after 6 months at granger w/ 5th wheel prep but I think it was just a combo of timing and matching what their scheduling batch calls for bc others near my order date were also scheduled
I ordered my truck from Gem City Ford in Quincy IL. They are very accommodating. Have lots of awards for service and is the largest dealer in the area. I am told by the sales manager, Chris, to call anytime I want and he will answer anything he can. He keeps emailing his Ford rep and asking him what they can do to speed things up and then he reports what the guy tells him back to me. I don't know if this dealership doesn't have any pull with Ford or what. The owner of this dealership ordered a 21 platinum F150 back in 20 and was bumped to a 22. As to this day, he still doesn't have it! From what I understand, Ford doesn't look at a custom order as less important at a dealership that has fewer allocations than a dealership that gas alot. I don't know how many allocations they have, but it shouldn't make a difference.
 
Based on what I am seeing I’m beginning to think it’s a combination of dealer allocation and parts availability. They may have parts for your build but your dealer may have trucks ahead of you so you wait. Then your number comes up but they are short on one or more parts for your build so you wait again. That would explain why sometimes people with similar configurations get built before others even though they ordered later than you.

Car manufacturers have been at this a long time. These unprecedented supply chain issues have caused havoc to a scheduling system that was never designed to handle such seemingly random shortages at this scale. I am sure Ford is scrambling to adjust, adapt and pump out as many vehicles as they can. It’s in their own best interest as well as their customers.

I will say however knowing this has not stopped me from checking my order status multiple times a day and banging my head against the wall when I don’t see any movement. Perhaps Ford should issue a helmet after you place your order…
 
FYI, scheduling is happening this week.
 

Attachments

  • 1634034462_BlueOvalForums_ProductionWeekScheduling_2022-05-16_Page_2.jpg.794177a81cc70ec072b7...webp
    1634034462_BlueOvalForums_ProductionWeekScheduling_2022-05-16_Page_2.jpg.794177a81cc70ec072b7...webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 141
Strange that my truck was scheduled for 6-27 last week when they are supposedly scheduling for 6-27 this week 🤔
 
Anyone with batch number 5838 showing built yet?
 
Back
Top Bottom