FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Only been a bit over a month since I ordered, but wanted to change a few things including paint color. Dealer just told me that they talked with ford and I cannot change. Anybody else change color without issue, or is this something you cannot change once order is submitted? I thought you can change anything as long as it’s not going into production.
Who knows. But it would make sense for them to not allow changes anymore due to the order banks being closed. This way they can see what they need and work to gather only the material they need.
 
As far as I know the "last day for changes" has not yet been published. You should be able to make changes until your VIN generated at a minimum. I would suggest trying to not make changes if possible because it undoubtedly causes coordination and scheduling issues.

If it is something you consider major, I would try to push to get it changed. I would consider color to be a major thing since you will have to look at your truck every day.
 
Only been a bit over a month since I ordered, but wanted to change a few things including paint color. Dealer just told me that they talked with ford and I cannot change. Anybody else change color without issue, or is this something you cannot change once order is submitted? I thought you can change anything as long as it’s not going into production.

Your dealer is probably trying to use the old system. Someone said this same thing over on Blue Oval Forums and, as I best recall, the response was there is no issue making changes past 04/01 as long as you use the WBDO system instead of the old CONCEPTS system.

That is, unless your order is locked because it's being previewed. In which case, just wait until you get a VIN and then make the change.
 
Whose palm did you have to grease to get your truck shipped? Mine's been waiting to take the short, 130-mile trip home from the plant since 4/11 and it's still stuck in "built" status. I guess the short hauls don't pay enough for the driver's to want to choose those routes. :/

-SR-
I'm not gay but a new tremor is a new tremor.
 
Got an email from Ford. Still not actually shipped, but estimated arrival date changed to 06/02 - 06/08.

Not surprised, kind of expected an s-show as soon as I saw rail on my window sticker. I'll be shocked it if actually makes it in June at this point.
 
Got an email from Ford. Still not actually shipped, but estimated arrival date changed to 06/02 - 06/08.

Not surprised, kind of expected an s-show as soon as I saw rail on my window sticker. I'll be shocked it if actually makes it in June at this point.
Wow, two months produced to theoretically arrived. Sorry to hear that, wish I could say it was unexpected...
 
Only been a bit over a month since I ordered, but wanted to change a few things including paint color. Dealer just told me that they talked with ford and I cannot change. Anybody else change color without issue, or is this something you cannot change once order is submitted? I thought you can change anything as long as it’s not going into production.
I ordered a star white lariat with bap on 3-10-22 and I'm wanting to change it to rapid red if it's not gonna delay the build. Interested in what everyone says!!
 
Got an email from Ford. Still not actually shipped, but estimated arrival date changed to 06/02 - 06/08.

Not surprised, kind of expected an s-show as soon as I saw rail on my window sticker. I'll be shocked it if actually makes it in June at this point.

Looks like our trucks will be on the same train - Ramp U33 AL. I bet you get yours before mine even though I'm 20 miles away from the AL rail yard.:LOL:
 
My truck is supposed to be at the blending lot tomorrow, if it is I’m going to go get it Friday. Shipping to the dealer window is 28th to the 4th. Hopefully I can cut out a week plus of transport time by picking it up at the blending lot.
 
Looks like our trucks will be on the same train - Ramp U33 AL. I bet you get yours before mine even though I'm 20 miles away from the AL rail yard.:LOL:

Doesn't your actually say it shipped? Could be that's just the earliest they could get a carrier to pick up the trucks. Your truck might be there quite a bit before mine if it's already on a train.

I've heard all kinds of nightmare stories about rail shipping lately -- no idea how much of that is the trains getting out or drivers refusal to pickup loads from train yards. I worked for an intermodal transit company once upon a time, and those rail yards were... not always the friendliest to the drivers. Then again, almost nowhere seems to give two flips about the drivers, their time, their DOT clock, whether or not they need access to a bathroom, or anything else really -- but rail yards were particularly bad about backing up. So you'd have a driver show up and be told they couldn't get their load for what effectively meant the end of the day for them.

And that was in good times. So, wouldn't surprise me a bit if drivers have gotten to where they -- maybe not refuse, but just give preference to loads that don't involve rail yards. Combine that with a shortage -- it really could be that your truck is there early next month and they just couldn't arrange a driver to take the load sooner. If your dealer is just 20 miles from the lot -- seems like an easy solution.

My dealer, on the other hand, is in Columbus, MS. So if they have to go pick it up I have my doubts they'd do it. If I could go pick it up myself, no problem. If they need to get involved, again -- have my doubts. Not that they aren't great people, but that's no short trip -- it'd be a persons whole work day, basically.

Ah well, at this point I'd be happy if it just got here in June. That's pretty much when I expected it to come in - just had a tiny bit of hope growing since it actually got built that it might get here before then. LoL, such a fool!
 
Looks like our trucks will be on the same train - Ramp U33 AL. I bet you get yours before mine even though I'm 20 miles away from the AL rail yard.:LOL:
I’m convoy but also in Alabama and I got the bump email. Was built on 3/16. Now they are saying end of May but still not showing shipped. F this. Ford if your listening I want my $1700 back your charging me for this crap shoot of what you call shipping.
 
Back
Top Bottom