FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Does the tracker show in production before your truck is actually being built? I’m scheduled for next week, but Thursday night it showed as in production, but I couldn’t see the window sticker. Friday I was able to view the window sticker, and showed in production, and today the same. Any insight from those of you who have been built and are still following this thread?
 
Does the tracker show in production before your truck is actually being built? I’m scheduled for next week, but Thursday night it showed as in production, but I couldn’t see the window sticker. Friday I was able to view the window sticker, and showed in production, and today the same. Any insight from those of you who have been built and are still following this thread?
Yes, it flips to "In Production" when the order is sent to the plant, or shortly after.
 
I'm glad GM is FINALLY admitting there's an issue and buying back trucks. a friend of mine is an diesel tech at a GM dealer where I live and he was telling me about the dozen trucks he's personally dealt with in the past year that had melted piston heads (noteably #7 for some reason).
Same, why I went with the Ford but I just hope it’s not a 2022 quality issue on all vehicles. Some reason I get the feeling that 2021 and 2022 are going to be the years we tell ppl to avoid bc of poor quality control with this supply shortage issues. I’ll give it to Ford in the sense that they are way behind on their numbers in comparison, so hopefully they aren’t cutting those corners like I know their competitors are.
 
Same, why I went with the Ford but I just hope it’s not a 2022 quality issue on all vehicles. Some reason I get the feeling that 2021 and 2022 are going to be the years we tell ppl to avoid bc of poor quality control with this supply shortage issues. I’ll give it to Ford in the sense that they are way behind on their numbers in comparison, so hopefully they aren’t cutting those corners like I know their competitors are.

yeah that's why I haven't owned a GM since 2010 lol, IMO they haven't built a quality truck since the end of the 07.5 classic series. out of my 3 Fords I've only had 1 recall on each of my Fords, all of which weren't a big deal to fix.

I keep seeing posts on FRF of Gen 3 Raptors with quality issues and I doubt we will run into that with MY22 Super Duty's since the only change is sync 4... but MY23s, those trucks worry me.
 
Same, why I went with the Ford but I just hope it’s not a 2022 quality issue on all vehicles. Some reason I get the feeling that 2021 and 2022 are going to be the years we tell ppl to avoid bc of poor quality control with this supply shortage issues. I’ll give it to Ford in the sense that they are way behind on their numbers in comparison, so hopefully they aren’t cutting those corners like I know their competitors are.
Lol ford is a huge corner cutter always has been
 
yeah that's why I haven't owned a GM since 2010 lol, IMO they haven't built a quality truck since the end of the 07.5 classic series. out of my 3 Fords I've only had 1 recall on each of my Fords, all of which weren't a big deal to fix.

I keep seeing posts on FRF of Gen 3 Raptors with quality issues and I doubt we will run into that with MY22 Super Duty's since the only change is sync 4... but MY23s, those trucks worry me.
Gen 2 raptors were horrible as well, ask me how I know lol
 
Gen 2 raptors were horrible as well, ask me how I know lol

HAHA! oh I know all too well.. why do you think I have a Gen 1? ;)
 
What happens when your build week comes and goes but truck isn’t built?

Was scheduled ‘week of April 11’ and have had window sticker since April 6.
 
What happens when your build week comes and goes but truck isn’t built?

Was scheduled ‘week of April 11’ and have had window sticker since April 6.
If you have a ws I would think it’s built and there’s been a coms error
 
Does the tracker show in production before your truck is actually being built? I’m scheduled for next week, but Thursday night it showed as in production, but I couldn’t see the window sticker. Friday I was able to view the window sticker, and showed in production, and today the same. Any insight from those of you who have been built and are still following this thread?
On Friday your truck probably started with the paint and body. The final assembly will happen on your build day ( likely this upcoming Friday). Once that is done, you will get your build email and BCM codes will show.
 
I'm glad GM is FINALLY admitting there's an issue and buying back trucks. a friend of mine is an diesel tech at a GM dealer where I live and he was telling me about the dozen trucks he's personally dealt with in the past year that had melted piston heads (noteably #7 for some reason).
What year models?
 
Wait GM is buying back ALL 20/21 HD duramax’s with under 20k?

no, the article says "certain vehicles" which i would assume means any customer who bought a HD truck with the LP5 engine. they were the only ones that had engine issues over the past year. ironically, from what I was told every LP5 that had melted it's engine all did it under 20k miles. again this was told to me by my friend who is a diesel tech at a large GM dealer would dealt with 12 of these alone. we were talking about this over beers during the Super Bowl.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom