FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Ordered 8-27-21.
2022 F250 Platinum Tremor Crew Cab, Black interior, Antimatter Blue
6.7 Diesel
Sunroof
Upfitter switches
5th wheel prep
Spray in bed liner
Winch
Mud flaps
Rear wheel liners
Powered running boards
Pretty much everything except adaptive steering.

Got VIN in late Feb.

Initial build date 3-7-22
changed to 3-28-22
changed to 4-16-22
changed to 5-1-22

Never a single email from Ford. I have to keep contacting the salesman. Hopefully this latest build date of 5-1-22 will stick.
I see you live in Spring, where did you order your Tremor?
 
Ordered 8-27-21.
2022 F250 Platinum Tremor Crew Cab, Black interior, Antimatter Blue
6.7 Diesel
Sunroof
Upfitter switches
5th wheel prep
Spray in bed liner
Winch
Mud flaps
Rear wheel liners
Powered running boards
Pretty much everything except adaptive steering.

Got VIN in late Feb.

Initial build date 3-7-22
changed to 3-28-22
changed to 4-16-22
changed to 5-1-22

Never a single email from Ford. I have to keep contacting the salesman. Hopefully this latest build date of 5-1-22 will stick.
I’ve kinda had the same bs with my platinum except I agreed to remove the 5wp , spray in and AS. Original build week was 3/7 now it’s out to 5/2
 
I’ve kinda had the same bs with my platinum except I agreed to remove the 5wp , spray in and AS. Original build week was 3/7 now it’s out to 5/2
I feel your pain, and it sucks !!
 
Bill Fick Ford in Huntsville
Seems like quite a few people have gone through Bill Fick... That dealer gets mentioned alot.
 
I’ve kinda had the same bs with my platinum except I agreed to remove the 5wp , spray in and AS. Original build week was 3/7 now it’s out to 5/2

I'm not saying you did the following but throwing it out there for anyone that might not know.

If you have a VIN DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ORDER. Having a VIN means Ford has the parts to build your truck and your limiting factory to getting built is staffing or line capacity; you're more or less waiting for your place in line. If you change your build after you have a VIN it will NOT expedite your build, it might even slow things down.
 
Seems like quite a few people have gone through Bill Fick... That dealer gets mentioned alot.
Yes Ive heard they do quite a bit of business with superduty's and they gave me the best deal........ but still patiently waiting !! Ugh
 
In short, companies don't want to go to California anymore where it used to be that they'd take your load there for almost the cost of fuel alone in years past so they could haul the high paying port loads out.

Moving trucks are like that big time right now. Its like 10k to take a uhaul out of CA right now but a fraction to bring one in.
 
I'm not saying you did the following but throwing it out there for anyone that might not know.

If you have a VIN DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ORDER. Having a VIN means Ford has the parts to build your truck and your limiting factory to getting built is staffing or line capacity; you're more or less waiting for your place in line. If you change your build after you have a VIN it will NOT expedite your build, it might even slow things down.
Yeah the dealer asked me about removing those things before I had a vin in January removed them went to priority 2 and got a vin in February just been dicked around since with build weeks
 
I'm sorry, but I totally disagree. They went full month with no production scheduling. Many times during that month employees posted that shifts were cut, etc., often due to availability of product.

Certainly that is an issue, and probably the biggest one, but Ford is not doing themselves any favors by keeping everyone in the dark around build dates, specific shortages.....or just general updates.

When you have folks waiting close to a year, and someone else gets a truck in 60 days, there has to be a reason. Related to allocation? Could very well be, but again, no information at all forthcoming.

Granger has somewhere between 150-175 trucks on order for customers. After a 1 month with no scheduling hiatus, last week they had.....17 that were to be scheduled and 2 previewed. No way in the world, at that current run rate, do these trucks all get built.
 
My dealer just told me that Ford is allowing retail orders to be picked up at Blending Lots, which will cut out 5-7 days of transport time. My truck is due to arrive at the KC blending lot on the 19th and I can pick it up from there on the 20th, instead of waiting for it to be trucked out to the dealer. It not expected to get to the dealer until the 28/29th. Salesman said we'll met at the blend lot PDI the truck, do the final paperwork and I drive away. There is close to 900 vehicles at the blend lot waiting to be shipped out to the dealers, so I think the 5-7 days is optimistic.
 

Attachments

  • 88DA723A-CF0A-4532-A339-3CC79FE72B4D.webp
    88DA723A-CF0A-4532-A339-3CC79FE72B4D.webp
    243 KB · Views: 132
F250 Plat, Carbon, 6.7L, Bedliner, Tonneau
Order placed 10/13/2021 and initial build scheduled 2/7/2022. Build date rescheduled 7 times.
Dealer called this week and said truck is at body shop for bed liner.
Ship via rail then truck with delivery 5/2.
Dealer said that too optimistic and middle of May is realistic.

No emails from Ford for over a month. I asked about MSRP increase of $3000. He said Ford does price protect but sometimes it takes time to get their money from manufacturer. Price was $1000 over invoice from October but in today's dollars paying below invoice.
 
Are they though, running all shifts? Seems like the batch sizes this week went from being in the thousands last week to the hundreds this week. No idea how that would correlate, if at all, to overall throughput. But, when the batch sizes are in the thousands we see lots of activity on the forum here, whether it be in this thread or dedicated build week threads, and this week the activity has been very low. So much so that there are more people from last week's build talking about shipping this week than there are people from this build week talking about being in production or getting built.

Makes me wonder, for sure. Could just be a slowdown in chatter, but seems like the same is true over on BOF.

On the shipping topic, I'm by no means an expert here, but it sure seems like the people with these long rail holds are all in California. Even people just in Nevada don't seem to be having the issue. Makes me wonder if this is related to UP's statement months ago that they were considering halting all Cali operations due to criminal activity and lack of support from the government.

On top of that, I've heard gossip that rail unions are trying to put the squeeze on UP. UP is seeing a spike in demand because retailers are trying to lighten the pain of inflation by cutting shipping costs, rail is the only avenue to do that with, compounded by other shortages, specifically in truckers willing to go into blue areas, and rising fuel costs -- just a huge giant mess.

All that to say -- seems like there are areas where shipping is backed up and areas where it's not. The backed up areas really seem to be focused around California and Canada. I suspect a lot of this really circles around the fact California intentionally caused issues for port traffic - which resulted in many carriers taking their cargo ships to other ports, which may have permanently caused California to lose that port traffic. California has, for many decades, enjoyed the luxury of having that port traffic -- which pulls in lots of land traffic, that land traffic then becomes cheap as companies want to get their drivers there to haul that port traffic out on land. Now, I believe, California is in the negative on traffic meaning it costs more to take a load in than out and they are a heavy consumerist state.

In short, companies don't want to go to California anymore where it used to be that they'd take your load there for almost the cost of fuel alone in years past so they could haul the high paying port loads out.
Live in Alabama and my trucks been on rail hold for a month. Has to do with how many trucks get built that are going to same place as yours. Apparently no one from Alabama/atl area is getting trucks built according to my dealership. Which is why I’m held up waiting.
 
Back
Top Bottom