Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Got an email this morning. Built, waiting for shipment.
Nothing here either....ordered 9/7Nope, 9/8 order, nothing.
They can't ramp up much more. They are currently running all shifts and have really only stopped for the occasional parts shortage lately. But now they are running up against challenges with getting the trucks delivered. So they keep cranking them out, but they can't ship them to the dealerships fast enough.Scheduling again next week….that’s almost funny. Unless they really ramp up there will be a ton of unfulfilled 22 orders that get canceled
Dont say that. I brought that up last week and I was lectured on how wrong I was. I ordered in December and I’m thinking I’m going to be very close to being canceled. I think my best scenario right now is scheduled June for July build august for shipping and pick up September.Scheduling again next week….that’s almost funny. Unless they really ramp up there will be a ton of unfulfilled 22 orders that get canceled
They can't ramp up much more. They are currently running all shifts and have really only stopped for the occasional parts shortage lately. But now they are running up against challenges with getting the trucks delivered. So they keep cranking them out, but they can't ship them to the dealerships fast enough.
-SR-
Are they though, running all shifts? Seems like the batch sizes this week went from being in the thousands last week to the hundreds this week. No idea how that would correlate, if at all, to overall throughput. But, when the batch sizes are in the thousands we see lots of activity on the forum here, whether it be in this thread or dedicated build week threads, and this week the activity has been very low. So much so that there are more people from last week's build talking about shipping this week than there are people from this build week talking about being in production or getting built.
Makes me wonder, for sure. Could just be a slowdown in chatter, but seems like the same is true over on BOF.
On the shipping topic, I'm by no means an expert here, but it sure seems like the people with these long rail holds are all in California. Even people just in Nevada don't seem to be having the issue. Makes me wonder if this is related to UP's statement months ago that they were considering halting all Cali operations due to criminal activity and lack of support from the government.
On top of that, I've heard gossip that rail unions are trying to put the squeeze on UP. UP is seeing a spike in demand because retailers are trying to lighten the pain of inflation by cutting shipping costs, rail is the only avenue to do that with, compounded by other shortages, specifically in truckers willing to go into blue areas, and rising fuel costs -- just a huge giant mess.
All that to say -- seems like there are areas where shipping is backed up and areas where it's not. The backed up areas really seem to be focused around California and Canada. I suspect a lot of this really circles around the fact California intentionally caused issues for port traffic - which resulted in many carriers taking their cargo ships to other ports, which may have permanently caused California to lose that port traffic. California has, for many decades, enjoyed the luxury of having that port traffic -- which pulls in lots of land traffic, that land traffic then becomes cheap as companies want to get their drivers there to haul that port traffic out on land. Now, I believe, California is in the negative on traffic meaning it costs more to take a load in than out and they are a heavy consumerist state.
In short, companies don't want to go to California anymore where it used to be that they'd take your load there for almost the cost of fuel alone in years past so they could haul the high paying port loads out.