FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

@Tucsontremor you called it, tracker was down this morning then BOOM. Got an email from Ford that my truck has shipped. Estimated 20 days to WA via Convoy!! (Heavy breathing, Heavy Breathing!):LOL:
Awesome!! Happy for ya! Double check on the convoy. My window sticker still says convoy and it came via rail. Hopefully the dealer can give you the rail car information (if there is any) from the vvr. I’ll make one more prediction… it shipped rail and it already a few states closer than you think once you get the rail car info!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻
 
I ordered on 02 Nov, I have a confirmed order number and still no VIN. I called the dealer and they checked the VVR and it says Unscheduled Clean. :unsure: hmmmmm
My dealer told me that unscheduled/clean means it is yet to be scheduled and they have all the parts needed to build. This is incorrect - Ford definition - Order Status Definitions. Page 1. Unscheduled/Clean. Order received by Ford Motor Company, has no compatibility errors, and is not yet scheduled for production.
 
My dealer told me that unscheduled/clean means it is yet to be scheduled and they have all the parts needed to build. This is incorrect - Ford definition - Order Status Definitions. Page 1. Unscheduled/Clean. Order received by Ford Motor Company, has no compatibility errors, and is not yet scheduled for production.

Yes, its only indefinite issues that change it from Clean. For example when tremor was discontinued on the XLT's the orders for such a truck would have a different status.

The random week to week commodity shortages and supply issues are not tracked
 
Update, getting closer hopefully this time. Lesson learned, call your dealer to get the "Vehicle Visibility Report" if you are not getting information from Ford.

Ordered: 7/22 with priority 10
9/16 Notified via email Build Week of 10/25
10/4 Notified via email Build Week changed to 11/1
10/14 Notified via email Build week changed to 11/8
11/2 Notified via email Build week changed to 11/22 (Thanksgiving Week)
11/10 Called dealer and they said build week is now 12/13 but Priority is now 02.
12/3 Received email from Ford that build weeks changed to 12/13 which matches up with what the dealer already told me

F350 7.3L Lariat Tremor - Carbonized Gray
Lariat Value Pkg
Black Appearance Pkg
5th Wheel Hitch
Tailgate Step
Upfitter Switches
Garage Door Opener
Heated Steering Wheel
Carpet Delete
 
FYI, I ordered a truck 11-23, a friend of mine ordered his on 11-29. Only difference is I had the rapid heat, mud guards, and wheel liners added. He got a VIN and production date of the week of 1-31. I have received nothing. So if you order those items, I'm sure your truck will be pushed back in line.
 
I just imagine Ford writing down orders as they come in, tossing them in a bucket and randomly drawing them each week to determine who gets scheduled.

Though that seems maybe a little to high-tech compared to whatever archaic system they are using now.
 
I just imagine Ford writing down orders as they come in, tossing them in a bucket and randomly drawing them each week to determine who gets scheduled.

Though that seems maybe a little to high-tech compared to whatever archaic system they are using now.

If you read ice capades and granger threads it seems a LOT of the delays happen at the dealer level due to them not knowing what they are doing, not caring to learn, etc.... And if the guy at the dealer doesnt understand how to use the order system, allocations, constraints, etc... then the customer suffers.

It seems from all the reading I have done, it's up to the dealer to bring trucks from priority 19 to 10 internally. From what I can tell #10 priority vehicles are what they are supposed to, every allocation/scheduling cycle, attempt to get scheduled first, before lower(higher) priority vehicles. Once they are able to schedule a truck and the Ford system picks it up, then its on Ford.

But, like I said, it SEEMS to me that A LOT of the delays are happening at the dealership level reading through threads of people who are still, months later, unscheduled... Like not knowing if their dealer ever even put their order in because they never got an email from Ford because their dealer didnt enter it... IMO if your dealer cant even get your email entered into the system properly, I cant imagine the rest of the process will be smooth.

So some dealers may have: a guy that knows what he is doing, un-used allocations, unconstrained builds, etc... they are going to get trucks built quickly. Dealers like Granger that: know what they are doing, but have 150+ trucks on order at any given time, ~75 allocations every build cycle, etc... are going to take longer simply because of your place in line. Then dealers who: dont know what they are doing, have few allocations, have few(or many) trucks on order, are possibly going to take a long time to get a truck built.

I know I read of one guy who finally figured out that his small local dealer thought "oh the order is placed with Ford, nothing further we have to do" and they never pushed it anywhere to get it scheduled.
 
If you read ice capades and granger threads it seems a LOT of the delays happen at the dealer level due to them not knowing what they are doing, not caring to learn, etc.... And if the guy at the dealer doesnt understand how to use the order system, allocations, constraints, etc... then the customer suffers.

It seems from all the reading I have done, it's up to the dealer to bring trucks from priority 19 to 10 internally. From what I can tell #10 priority vehicles are what they are supposed to, every allocation/scheduling cycle, attempt to get scheduled first, before lower(higher) priority vehicles. Once they are able to schedule a truck and the Ford system picks it up, then its on Ford.

But, like I said, it SEEMS to me that A LOT of the delays are happening at the dealership level reading through threads of people who are still, months later, unscheduled... Like not knowing if their dealer ever even put their order in because they never got an email from Ford because their dealer didnt enter it... IMO if your dealer cant even get your email entered into the system properly, I cant imagine the rest of the process will be smooth.

So some dealers may have: a guy that knows what he is doing, un-used allocations, unconstrained builds, etc... they are going to get trucks built quickly. Dealers like Granger that: know what they are doing, but have 150+ trucks on order at any given time, ~75 allocations every build cycle, etc... are going to take longer simply because of your place in line. Then dealers who: dont know what they are doing, have few allocations, have few(or many) trucks on order, are possibly going to take a long time to get a truck built.

I know I read of one guy who finally figured out that his small local dealer thought "oh the order is placed with Ford, nothing further we have to do" and they never pushed it anywhere to get it scheduled.
 
Thanks. I'll press my dealer. I have an order confirmed from Ford but nothing more
 
Thanks. I'll press my dealer. I have an order confirmed from Ford but nothing more

I would want to know where you are on their order list... #5, #50, #500, etc... Also how many super duty allocations they have been getting. I think Granger posted the next allocation window is the week leading up to Christmas.

With those 2 pieces of information as well as understanding the constraint list, you SHOULD be able to get a decent idea of when you should get scheduled. Obviously you dont know what other people ordered taking into consideration the constraint list.

Last numbers I saw from Granger(where I ordered my truck from) where from October I think which was before I placed my order. They had I think it was 139 trucks on order and got 74 allocations for the December/January build cycle. They just posted that out of 74 allocations they had all but 12 scheduled and hoped to get those scheduled on the next window this next week I think he said. So they got allocation for roughly half of their total orders. That tells me, absent constraints, my truck might be able to be included in the allocation window coming up in 2 weeks, and if not, I might miss it by just a few numbers. Thats for production in Feb and March from how I gather the windows work.
 
@Vermonster - you called it. My WS showed up overnight!
Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 9.54.05 AM.png
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 11.25.10 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 11.25.10 AM.webp
    216 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
This has been my complaint now for a while. I ordered and confirmed 6/29, Lariat with 5th wheel prep and spray in liner. It really is disheartening see people order and get build dates assigned within a couple weeks. I agree that we should wait our turn but this system is flawed.
Well said…I’ve bern thinking the same thing for awhile now. Dealer told me 6 to 12 weeks….obviously no truth in that with my case. The only option is to cancel the order and go look for something else….we shall see…
 
I'm trying to get my order changed before it's scheduled to include the engine block heater. I just assumed they came standard on the 6.7 🤷‍♂️
 
I just imagine Ford writing down orders as they come in, tossing them in a bucket and randomly drawing them each week to determine who gets scheduled.

Though that seems maybe a little to high-tech compared to whatever archaic system they are using now.
Someone needs to tell them to shake the hell out of that bucket. Seems like those of us 5,6,7 months waiting for a VIN have fallen to the bottom. Shake that crap up.
 
Awesome!! Happy for ya! Double check on the convoy. My window sticker still says convoy and it came via rail. Hopefully the dealer can give you the rail car information (if there is any) from the vvr. I’ll make one more prediction… it shipped rail and it already a few states closer than you think once you get the rail car info!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Good to know! My does still say convoy, but I will confirm tomorrow at my dealer what the VVR says. Hopefully you are right again and it shows tail end of next week.
 
Thats normal. It will stay that way until you get Scheduled, which will also be when you get a Vin. This could take anywhere from weeks to months and is the biggest wildcard in the ordering process.
My dealer claims they don’t know the prob is with Ford but told me it wasnt a allocation problem. I’ve made contact with Ford customer service which was of some help….email and sent messages via Twitter and FB….The way I see it if enough people starts to raise hell about this might get some movement on this issue with Ford . Pure speculation isn’t cutting it anymore about this. Just my thoughts on it
 
II’m about to put a deposit on one scheduled for a 12/11 build. Any rough ETA on that?
If its actually built that day, depending on if it has to go for beliner or 5th wheel prep package figure about 20 days after will be eta. Depends on location and rail or convoy for actual date. But the fact it's schedule itself is a big plus
 
My Tremor order confirmed 11/16...havent seen anything since then...no VIN yet...is there anyway to see anything more at this time? Or just gotta wait?

thread is very long :)

thanks


​

​
​
​
Your order has been confirmed.

​
​


Ford Logo​

​
Order Confirmed circle filled in on status bar graphic

​
Image of a Super Duty towing a trailer

​

​

​
​

YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED​


​
Dear Frank Switzer,
Congratulations on ordering your all‑new Super Duty F-350 Lariat Crew Cab! Your order has been placed with Ford Motor Company on your behalf by Loveland Ford Lincoln, Inc..​




​

​

​
​

A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW.*​



​
2022 Super Duty F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4:​
  • Pickup
  • SRW
  • 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel Engine
  • TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission
  • Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
  • Black Onyx Front Leather Seating Surfaces 40/Console/40 Seats
  • 18” Low-Gloss Black Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • Tremor Off-Road Package

*Does not show all optional and included packages/features.​



​

​

​

​
Throughout the production process, we will keep you updated on the status of your order. You will receive email notifications when your 2022 Super Duty F-350 Lariat is:​
  • Scheduled for Production – all necessary parts are secured, and your order has been placed in the production schedule.
  • Built – your vehicle has been built, and we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
  • Shipped – your vehicle has been shipped, is on its way to your dealership, and we’ll include the latest estimated arrival date.



I ordered my F 350 Tremor from the same dealer back on 8/23 and I have not received a vin. yet.
It is hard to get any info from the dealer. Congrats on your order.
 
Back
Top Bottom