FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Update 12/6/21!

For those new folks asking about wait, check out the spreadsheets. That also will provide some good detail!

-----> https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1667293-2022-tracking-spreadsheet.html (It's linked to Mach-E - so it may be down from time to time)


I (and a handful of others) have had the longest waits that I am aware of. Below are the communications I have received. The one from Ford is marked in bold. Yes, the dealer added my email to the order a week after placing the order.

Ordered: 4/28/21
Vin: 10/28/21
Build Date info received on 10/28/21 for week of 11/29/21
Build Date Change received on 11/2/21: Week of 12/6/21
Build Date Change received on 11/9/21: Actual Day 12/9/21
Build Date Change received on 11/9/21: Build Week Change 11/29/21
Build Date Change received on 11/10/21: Build Day 12/4/21
Build Date Change received on 11/22/21: Build Day 12/2/21
Window Sticker: 11/23/21
Window Sticker Date Change: 11/30/21 (only the date changed on the sticker. All other items unchanged, including build date of 12/2/21.
Initial Assembly Complete: 12/2/21 (Off to GFX for accessories - spray-in, 5th wheel, bug shield, bed cover...)
Expected Delivery: 12/23/21
VIN Recognized by FordPass and added to profile 12/6/21. Activation timeout - will attempt again (as someone has to tap the screen).
 
View attachment 40651

Ordered March 18th. Built Friday, shipped today. It's a loaded Lariat, AS, spray bed liner, etc. I know people are frustrated that Ford tracking has been down for about a week, but they are still sending updates by email. Ford had told me it would be built on Dec 3rd (via Cyberdman on BOV), and they kept their word once it was scheduled to the day. By the time I get it, it will have been 9.5 months since the order.
Nice! Like mine (without AS) that was built on 11/26. I hope that means mine is on its way too!

I wouldn't know as all the damn trackers are down it seems. :D
 
I ordered oct 28 confirmed on 29. My dealer has me on a priority 15 code. I haven’t moved. As of yesterday I’m still a 15. He told me they had a few vehicles in front of me but I have no idea how many or how many allocations they have. Wondering if I should try another dealer and get this information up front
these internal dealer priorities dont mean anything. Ford comes in and picks the vehicles they can/want to build from that dealer. Don't spend your energy reading into priorities. Even Ford's 02 doesn't mean jack if they dont have parts to build you, you will wait 3-4 months in that priority 02 until the part becomes available. Instead, try dropping options you might not really need like the adaptive steer, 5 wheel prep, Bedliner tonneau covers, etc. That action might get you scheduled faster.
 
So, if a rig is built this week, will it ship this year or are we at the mercy of the plant closing down and possibly not seeing it until Feb?

Truck scheduled for 12/9 and then puck system installed... (Hopefully)
 
Last edited:
So, if a rig is built this week, will it ship this year or are we at the mercy of the plant closing down and possibly not seeing it until Feb?

Since the plant isn't scheduled to close until 12/24, unless there are off-site options to add or QC issues with the truck, there is no reason it shouldn't be released and shipped this year, maybe even next week. Now, the trip by rail looks to take 3 - 4 weeks.
 
View attachment 40651

Ordered March 18th. Built Thursday, shipped today. It's a loaded Lariat, AS, spray bed liner, etc. I know people are frustrated that Ford tracking has been down for about a week, but they are still sending updates by email. Ford had told me it would be built on Dec 3rd (via Cyberdman on BOV), and they kept their word once it was scheduled to the day. By the time I get it, it will have been 9.5 months since the order.
Congrats. Enjoy the ride
 
I'm not on the spreadsheet, and I'm sure there's many others who've been waiting longer, but I ordered and received my confirmation email in July and am still not scheduled. I do have adaptive steering, but mine's a KR, which hasn't been affected by the adaptive steering issue. Maybe I'll just end up having to get a '23.
 
Hit the dealer lot this AM going through inspection and will be picking up in a couple days.

Ordered 7/26
Schedule build week of 11/22
Sent to Plant 11/16
Built 11/23
Shipped 11/26 to Central NC
Arrived 12/6 (projected arrival was 12/4-12/10)

Agate Black Platinum F250 with factory bed liner, 5th wheel prep, sunroof, upfitters and retractable steps.
 
Supposedly mine was built on the 24th, but still says 'in production'. Sticker updated to 12/3 now. ETA of 12/18 rapidly approaching.
Dumb, but I kinda enjoy the mystery lol.
 
these internal dealer priorities dont mean anything. Ford comes in and picks the vehicles they can/want to build from that dealer. Don't spend your energy reading into priorities. Even Ford's 02 doesn't mean jack if they dont have parts to build you, you will wait 3-4 months in that priority 02 until the part becomes available. Instead, try dropping options you might not really need like the adaptive steer, 5 wheel prep, Bedliner tonneau covers, etc. That action might get you scheduled faster.
I asked my dealer about dropping the 5th wheel prep package (which was $500), and he told me they could definitely add it later on, but his parts department was charging $1,100 to add it back on after delivery. I did end up dropping the bed liner - that’s pretty easy / cost comparative to aftermarket IMO.
 
I asked my dealer about dropping the 5th wheel prep package (which was $500), and he told me they could definitely add it later on, but his parts department was charging $1,100 to add it back on after delivery. I did end up dropping the bed liner - that’s pretty easy / cost comparative to aftermarket IMO.
Etrailer.com sells the kit for just over $600. I checked with local shop and they would charge $275 to install.

Edit - Just talked to etrailer and not confirmed to fit 2022 model.

Edit #2 - Ford has the puck system for $720 from their parts department.
 
Last edited:
New verbiage this week defining retail vs stock orders and availability.

  • 22MY Super Duty Scheduling: Due to production availability, only retail orders will be eligible to schedule on Thursday, December 9.
  • 22MY Super Duty Option Availability: For the remainder of 22MY, the following options will only be available to schedule on retail orders. Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:
    • Spray in Bedliner (85S)
    • Fifth Wheel Hitch (53W)
    • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
    • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
    • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)
Please note due to production availability, retail orders with these commodities may take several weeks to schedule.
 
I cannot put into words how HAPPY I am for you! What a wait! Congrats!!!!
Definitely! You OG BS2 (Big Screen 22) order members are long overdue... Couldn't be happier for you!!

@richtor I'm gonna keep using it until it catches on!
 
Supposedly mine was built on the 24th, but still says 'in production'. Sticker updated to 12/3 now. ETA of 12/18 rapidly approaching.
Dumb, but I kinda enjoy the mystery lol.
I think the VVR and trackers are all out of date by days. My VVR says sent offsite on 12/1. It does not take 5 days to spray a liner and install a cover.
 
New verbiage this week defining retail vs stock orders and availability.

  • 22MY Super Duty Scheduling: Due to production availability, only retail orders will be eligible to schedule on Thursday, December 9.
  • 22MY Super Duty Option Availability: For the remainder of 22MY, the following options will only be available to schedule on retail orders. Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:
    • Spray in Bedliner (85S)
    • Fifth Wheel Hitch (53W)
    • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
    • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
    • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)
Please note due to production availability, retail orders with these commodities may take several weeks to schedule.
I now wonder if this was always the case and they just added additional language this week for more clarity. Most of these commodities were scheduling last week for “some” retail orders.
 
Supposedly mine was built on the 24th, but still says 'in production'. Sticker updated to 12/3 now. ETA of 12/18 rapidly approaching.
Dumb, but I kinda enjoy the mystery lol.
You and I are in the same boat. Almost identical build date, shipping and destination (WA).
 
I think the VVR and trackers are all out of date by days. My VVR says sent offsite on 12/1. It does not take 5 days to spray a liner and install a cover.
Mine was built on 11/26 and then sent offsite. Then all the trackers went down and I can’t find out anything about it but I’m with you. It doesn’t take forever to do liner and some other options. I am at the home stretch and now I can’t see what is going on, I’m over all of it.
 
Mine was built on 11/26 and then sent offsite. Then all the trackers went down and I can’t find out anything about it but I’m with you. It doesn’t take forever to do liner and some other options. I am at the home stretch and now I can’t see what is going on, I’m over all of it.
Yep. So close then boom...no info.

I can order a plunger from Amazon and know where it is every step of the way. ~$89k truck? No information for you!
 
Yep. So close then boom...no info.

I can order a plunger from Amazon and know where it is every step of the way. ~$89k truck? No information for you!
That's the differnce between a business that has been doing things for years same way, versus a cutting edge business using all the technology the world has to offer! So many poorly run car dealerships it is amazing they can stay in business!
 
Yep. So close then boom...no info.

I can order a plunger from Amazon and know where it is every step of the way. ~$89k truck? No information for you!

How long before you get your wish and Amazon is selling cars & dealerships are only doing mechanical work and not selling vehicles?
 
Back
Top Bottom