FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Truck things with truck people - love that!!!

What did you go with for the block heater outlet?
😂 haha. Sometimes I just have to explain it that way to my better half. She looks at it differently I guess. Lol!

I went with this one…. It was in someone’s build on here and I really liked the cleanliness of the install.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009ANV81S/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I still have the programmable block heater outlet on my garage wall from my duramax a few years ago. I plan to have it come on a few hours before I leave for work, instead of just leaving the truck plugged in all evening/night. I’m really looking forward to the rapid cab heater on this truck as well!
 
With me it's nurses instead of maids........
I am married to one of those. Best decision - EVER.

Man this thread is killin' me!
😂 haha. Sometimes I just have to explain it that way to my better half. She looks at it differently I guess. Lol!

I went with this one…. It was in someone’s build on here and I really liked the cleanliness of the install.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009ANV81S/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I still have the programmable block heater outlet on my garage wall from my duramax a few years ago. I plan to have it come on a few hours before I leave for work, instead of just leaving the truck plugged in all evening/night. I’m really looking forward to the rapid cab heater on this truck as well!
...and purchased! Thank you!

For the outlet - do you just use a timer...like one for lights? I dig that idea too.
 
I am married to one of those. Best decision - EVER.

Man this thread is killin' me!

...and purchased! Thank you!

For the outlet - do you just use a timer...like one for lights? I dig that idea too.
Awesome!

Menards actually had a timer for block heaters in the electrical section. It could handle the higher current than what the tree timers had. I think it was around $30-40 bucks.
 
😂 haha. Sometimes I just have to explain it that way to my better half. She looks at it differently I guess. Lol!

I went with this one…. It was in someone’s build on here and I really liked the cleanliness of the install.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009ANV81S/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I still have the programmable block heater outlet on my garage wall from my duramax a few years ago. I plan to have it come on a few hours before I leave for work, instead of just leaving the truck plugged in all evening/night. I’m really looking forward to the rapid cab heater on this truck as well!
Just curious.... where are you planning on mounting that?
 
Awesome!

Menards actually had a timer for block heaters in the electrical section. It could handle the higher current than what the tree timers had. I think it was around $30-40 bucks.
I didn’t order the engine block heater this time. I have one in my current truck and never use it. It just doesn’t get that cold around here.
 
Just curious.... where are you planning on mounting that?
There’s a build thread I saw on here where someone mounted it next to the lower bumper opening in the small plastic trim piece. I have to find the thread to give him credit!

I likely won’t use mine much but there’s always some random cold spells here, and if it gets too cold, I’ll leave it plugged in all night as I am a volunteer firefighter and have to respond in the middle of the night (usually on the worst weather days it seems)
 
🤔 maybe that’s a good thing for all of us stragglers left behind with old order dates? Perhaps this will scrape up a majority of those orders?.. I hope.

man, I just want to do truck things with my truck people again.

I said I wasn’t going to stock pile parts until I see a vin, but now there’s a BAKFlip F1 in the garage, penda rear wheel liners, rear child seat protectors for the seats, Husky exact contour floor mats, oil pan drain valve, shorty antenna, block heater outlet for the bumper, and a drivers side undercover swing case. lol
What did you get for the child seat protectors? I was thinking about getting the weathertech rear seat cover.
 
There’s a build thread I saw on here where someone mounted it next to the lower bumper opening in the small plastic trim piece. I have to find the thread to give him credit!
Don't know if it's the same build thread as you were referring to, but here's the place where I originally saw it:


May have also been from @BroncoHooves build thread as it's been super active recently:

 
Awesome!

Menards actually had a timer for block heaters in the electrical section. It could handle the higher current than what the tree timers had. I think it was around $30-40 bucks.
Thank you!!
 
Don't know if it's the same build thread as you were referring to, but here's the place where I originally saw it:


May have also been from @BroncoHooves build thread as it's been super active recently:

Yup! That’s the thread. Thanks!!! Great idea right there.
 
What did you get for the child seat protectors? I was thinking about getting the weathertech rear seat cover.
I went with these ones…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08JB3ZVB6/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

there may be better options out there though. I’m thinking of putting something in between these and the seats, like a small fleece blanket.. these have those little foam dots to keep it them from sliding around, but when I opened the package the little dots were stuck together and I don’t want them to do that on the seats transfer the foam residue.

if someone finds something better, I may send these back. I was trying to avoid going down a rabbit hole on car seat protectors. Lol!
 
I went with these ones…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08JB3ZVB6/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

there may be better options out there though. I’m thinking of putting something in between these and the seats, like a small fleece blanket.. these have those little foam dots to keep it them from sliding around, but when I opened the package the little dots were stuck together and I don’t want them to do that on the seats transfer the foam residue.

if someone finds something better, I may send these back. I was trying to avoid going down a rabbit hole on car seat protectors. Lol!
I was going to go with this one. I have twin 5 year-olds. Seems like it would be pretty easy to take in and out. The car seats are normally in my wife's car, so I would just put this on when I need it.

 
Yup! That’s the thread. Thanks!!! Great idea right there.
I liked that idea but I went out to look at my truck and the block heater outlet was sitting right next to that piece of tow hook bumper trim. Is it different on the diesels? I'd go take a picture but is a torrential downpour here right now...
 
I went with these ones…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08JB3ZVB6/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

there may be better options out there though. I’m thinking of putting something in between these and the seats, like a small fleece blanket.. these have those little foam dots to keep it them from sliding around, but when I opened the package the little dots were stuck together and I don’t want them to do that on the seats transfer the foam residue.

if someone finds something better, I may send these back. I was trying to avoid going down a rabbit hole on car seat protectors. Lol!
I have those in my Tundra. They sort of help, but don't keep the kid junk from between the seats. Better than nothing but not a lot.
I was going to go with this one. I have twin 5 year-olds. Seems like it would be pretty easy to take in and out. The car seats are normally in my wife's car, so I would just put this on when I need it.

We had something similar to this in our Volvo wagon. Not the most attractive, but boy did it keep all kid crumbs under control. I am currently torn between a custom neoprene cover ($300+) with a nice fitted look, or one of these more blanket like covers.
 
I liked that idea but I went out to look at my truck and the block heater outlet was sitting right next to that piece of tow hook bumper trim. Is it different on the diesels? I'd go take a picture but is a torrential downpour here right now...
Interesting. Good point. Also, maybe the winch trim is different??? I’m sure I can find a spot for it somewhere. SE Michigan here too, and it’s raining cats and dogs right now 😂
 
Interesting. Good point. Also, maybe the winch trim is different??? I’m sure I can find a spot for it somewhere. SE Michigan here too, and it’s raining cats and dogs right now 😂
Actually I think I know what you mean. Yep the chord is next to that spot. This setup just cleans up the chord hanging, and makes for a quicker and easier plug to use.
 
Back
Top Bottom