FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Both very important for a $70k+ purchase!!

Oh, you have the 6.7L so maybe it is $80k+
Ouch! No need to remind me. ;) I certainly do like it though!! I agree -- very important (I'm learning as I get older).
 
Question for you guys: I'm thinking of changing the oil when I get around 1,000 miles this weekend (before I pull the fifth wheel next week). Is that prudent or would you say overkill given how good the machining tolerances are these days? I figured getting any metal out would be good; but maybe not necessary??
 
Question for you guys: I'm thinking of changing the oil when I get around 1,000 miles this weekend (before I pull the fifth wheel next week). Is that prudent or would you say overkill given how good the machining tolerances are these days? I figured getting any metal out would be good; but maybe not necessary??
The ol' oil change question for break-in. Personally, I would. Even if it's only psychological. Metal shavings are always in the first changes I have done.
 
Good thing I work in the office by myself most of the time, just made some childish noises I am not to proud of.
1632234236967.webp
 
The ol' oil change question for break-in. Personally, I would. Even if it's only psychological. Metal shavings are always in the first changes I have done.

Agree with “do what you have the time/money to for peace of mind” (or just plain enjoyment) but do metal shavings in the oil actually matter at all?

If there's metal in the oil pan wouldn't that mean it's too heavy to be picked up by the pump float? And if contaminants were sucked out of the pan wouldn't they just be caught by the filter?
 
Agree with “do what you have the time/money to for peace of mind” (or just plain enjoyment) but do metal shavings in the oil actually matter at all?

If there's metal in the oil pan wouldn't that mean it's too heavy to be picked up by the pump float? And if contaminants were sucked out of the pan wouldn't they just be caught by the filter?
You'd think so. I have always had them in first oil changes. I suppose the big flakes are sitting in the pan, and the finer stuff gets caught in the filter. I am just OCD when it comes to that stuff - I start to think about slower flowing filters and oil starvation. Not sure if there is science there - but my mind just "breathes" better knowing I have done an early PM.

Conversely, once I am out of the break-in I follow manufacture guidelines.
 
4E58B627-6BB2-45F7-BE24-9D7ED14948B5.webp
I just got a date posted on my “in production” where there wasn’t one before. Initially told production was last week (9-13) and now show a delivery estimated on 11-3
 
Ohhhhhhhhhh........

Lurking here got my dander up enough to email my salesman to say "dudewheresmytruck". They have been notoriously bad at returning calls/emails, so imagine the skip my heart took when I refreshed my email to see not only a message from the dealership, but one from Ford Motor Company!!
Yeaaahhhhh...... Ford just wanted to "thank me" by offering me a sneak peak at the limited edition Bronco. whoop. ....

Anyway, checking my email from the dealer revealed no VIN (ordered July 8) although they did send over "inquiries yesterday on your truck and a few others". Fireballs, they.

I know some of you have been waiting longer.... Just wanted to whine....
 
Ohhhhhhhhhh........

Lurking here got my dander up enough to email my salesman to say "dudewheresmytruck". They have been notoriously bad at returning calls/emails, so imagine the skip my heart took when I refreshed my email to see not only a message from the dealership, but one from Ford Motor Company!!
Yeaaahhhhh...... Ford just wanted to "thank me" by offering me a sneak peak at the limited edition Bronco. whoop. ....

Anyway, checking my email from the dealer revealed no VIN (ordered July 8) although they did send over "inquiries yesterday on your truck and a few others". Fireballs, they.

I know some of you have been waiting longer.... Just wanted to whine....
I added the "dude - where's my truck" to my profile tag line, just today. :)

Welcome to the party!
 
Back
Top Bottom