FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Is there a date on the window sticker that shows the production date? The Ford tracker shows that it's "in production" but has no date.
My window sticker had the date it was issued on the bottom. That date changed to the build date when my truck was built.
 
My window sticker had the date it was issued on the bottom. That date changed to the build date when my truck was built.
The date at the bottom of my sticker showed 9/17....the day the day the window sticker first showed up. This morning it changed to 9/21.
 
I ordered in July and hadn’t heard anything, no confirmation and the dealer didn’t have any news other than orders placed after mine already had been built. I went yesterday and put in another order for the same truck and wouldn’t you know it, I got my email confirmation this morning at 0430. Hopefully things keep moving. I hated writing this knowing how many people have orders from way earlier in the year than I and still have nothing.
 
The date at the bottom of my sticker showed 9/17....the day the day the window sticker first showed up. This morning it changed to 9/21.
I’m using three sources to track the status of my truck. I use the Ford website that is linked in the emails from Ford, I use the Mach E website and I use the spreadsheet created by Phoenixfla in the forums. You can find a link to his spreadsheet on page 261 of this thread.
 
I ordered in July and hadn’t heard anything, no confirmation and the dealer didn’t have any news other than orders placed after mine already had been built. I went yesterday and put in another order for the same truck and wouldn’t you know it, I got my email confirmation this morning at 0430. Hopefully things keep moving. I hated writing this knowing how many people have orders from way earlier in the year than I and still have nothing.
You dirty dog! *wink* Congrats!!
 
I’m using three sources to track the status of my truck. I use the Ford website that is linked in the emails from Ford, I use the Mach E website and I use the spreadsheet created by Phoenixfla in the forums. You can find a link to his spreadsheet on page 261 of this thread.
Yes, I'm using the same three....thanks!
 
You'd think so. I have always had them in first oil changes. I suppose the big flakes are sitting in the pan, and the finer stuff gets caught in the filter. I am just OCD when it comes to that stuff - I start to think about slower flowing filters and oil starvation. Not sure if there is science there - but my mind just "breathes" better knowing I have done an early PM.

Conversely, once I am out of the break-in I follow manufacture guidelines.
Any larger particles won't make it past the oil pump pickup screen. There is a risk with finer particles if the filter goes into bypass. This happens on cold starts if the oil viscosity is high or if the filter becomes clogged - which is usually the sign of some larger issue anyway! Modern bearings are designed to be tolerant of small particulates to some degree so it shouldn't be cause for alarm. Nothing wrong with dumping your initial oil... as many have said - it is cheap insurance.
 
Take my truck in ao Thursday to get a very small paint chip and bumper realign done. After that its off to PPF Ceramic coat and interior tint work. I also had a dealer who didn't want to give me the Xplan but after the sales said that was what I was quoted they did. It took right at $4000 off MSRP. Never in my life did I would spend $71,000 on a truck. Getting Xplan and $36,000 for my paid off old truck did take the sting out of it. :)
 
Trucks delivery date keeps getting pushed back. Started with an ETA of 9/6-9/12, then 9/11-9/17, and it just updated to 9/22-9/28. UGH....rather frustrating knowing that my truck is sitting in STL(3hrs from me) for 2+ weeks.
 
Scheduling notes for this week do not list super duty at all.

Might mean they will schedule as normal though.
"On Thursday, September 23, Bronco, EcoSport, Explorer, F150 and Transit will not be selected for scheduling"
This was on the scheduling notes. Also said, "
No SIMS orders were created for Super Duty, Transit Connect Van or Transit Connect Wagon this week." I'm not sure what SIMS means though.
 
"On Thursday, September 23, Bronco, EcoSport, Explorer, F150 and Transit will not be selected for scheduling"
This was on the scheduling notes. Also said, "
No SIMS orders were created for Super Duty, Transit Connect Van or Transit Connect Wagon this week." I'm not sure what SIMS means though.
Sims?

1632249603094.webp
 
Per the oval that’s blue:

Ford generates what are called “SIMS Orders” each week which are Ford’s suggested orders based on commodity information available at the time. If a Dealer has vehicle allocation for scheduling that week and has no Dealer orders in the USOB or orders that don’t meet the commodity restrictions in place for that week, the scheduling system will default to trying to schedule SIMS (Smart Inventory Management System) orders if they meet any commodity restrictions in place. The SIMS orders are available to Dealers online Monday mornings and in print form on Tuesday mornings. Dealers can enter their own vehicle orders or change the Ford generated SIMS orders
 
Per the oval that’s blue:

Ford generates what are called “SIMS Orders” each week which are Ford’s suggested orders based on commodity information available at the time. If a Dealer has vehicle allocation for scheduling that week and has no Dealer orders in the USOB or orders that don’t meet the commodity restrictions in place for that week, the scheduling system will default to trying to schedule SIMS (Smart Inventory Management System) orders if they meet any commodity restrictions in place. The SIMS orders are available to Dealers online Monday mornings and in print form on Tuesday mornings. Dealers can enter their own vehicle orders or change the Ford generated SIMS orders
🤔 maybe that’s a good thing for all of us stragglers left behind with old order dates? Perhaps this will scrape up a majority of those orders?.. I hope.

man, I just want to do truck things with my truck people again.

I said I wasn’t going to stock pile parts until I see a vin, but now there’s a BAKFlip F1 in the garage, penda rear wheel liners, rear child seat protectors for the seats, Husky exact contour floor mats, oil pan drain valve, shorty antenna, block heater outlet for the bumper, and a drivers side undercover swing case. lol
 
🤔 maybe that’s a good thing for all of us stragglers left behind with old order dates? Perhaps this will scrape up a majority of those orders?.. I hope.

man, I just want to do truck things with my truck people again.

I said I wasn’t going to stock pile parts until I see a vin, but now there’s a BAKFlip F1 in the garage, penda rear wheel liners, rear child seat protectors for the seats, Husky exact contour floor mats, oil pan drain valve, shorty antenna, block heater outlet for the bumper, and a drivers side undercover swing case. lol
Local four wheel group is starting to go out again. It’s almost desert season. Missing out already.
 
After a beautiful Sunday afternoon spent scrubbing koolaid out of my truck I decided to change my order (submitted 8/9) to include the carpet delete. He stated that any changes prior to scheduled build date will further delay production. He assumed my truck was already scheduled seeing as they are getting more standard equipped SD's scheduled within a week or two. Obviously my truck isnt standard equipped, but he did make me feel less like a farmer kicked by a mule by saying "At least you didnt opt for AS". He said at this time, there are no other options delaying builds.
 
Last edited:
🤔 maybe that’s a good thing for all of us stragglers left behind with old order dates? Perhaps this will scrape up a majority of those orders?.. I hope.

man, I just want to do truck things with my truck people again.

I said I wasn’t going to stock pile parts until I see a vin, but now there’s a BAKFlip F1 in the garage, penda rear wheel liners, rear child seat protectors for the seats, Husky exact contour floor mats, oil pan drain valve, shorty antenna, block heater outlet for the bumper, and a drivers side undercover swing case. lol
Truck things with truck people - love that!!!

What did you go with for the block heater outlet?
 
After a beautiful Sunday afternoon spent scrubbing koolaid out of my truck I decided to change my order (submitted 8/9) to include the carpet delete. He stated that any changes prior to scheduled build date will further delay production. He assumed my truck was already scheduled seeing as they are getting more standard equipped SD's scheduled within a week or two. Obliviously my truck isnt standard equipped, but he did make me feel less like a farmer kicked by a mule by saying "At least you didnt opt for AS". He said at this time, there are no other options delaying builds.
Yea - slammed by the AS, over hear. I think you're smart killing the carpet.
 
Back
Top Bottom