Forscan for 2022

What was the motivation for this mod?
I’m new to forscan, just haven’t had a chance to go ahead with it yet. Is there a possibility that the most recent update contained coding to block forscan from accessing the trucks or am I just overthinking things
 
What was the motivation for this mod?
Normally the truck dings at you for putting it into gear with the parking brake engaged. The mod changes it to only ding if you actually attempt to drive.

My habit is to use the parking brake every time I park. When I later go to leave I first put it into drive then release the parking brake. Thus I get I get the idiot ding every time I go to leave.
 
Normally the truck dings at you for putting it into gear with the parking brake engaged. The mod changes it to only ding if you actually attempt to drive.

My habit is to use the parking brake every time I park. When I later go to leave I first put it into drive then release the parking brake. Thus I get I get the idiot ding every time I go to leave.
Very useful, like you i use parking break 100% of the time, this mod will be good for me.
 
After reading the last 42 pages, I didn't see anyone ask this, with regards to the rear power ports. Has anyone used Forscan to extend the powerpoints time out? I changed the BCM 726-57-01 to 3870 XXXX XX-- to let it stay powered for 4 hours. I will put a timer on it and see if that took, however the 12V "cigarette" port that is in the rear seat section doesn't stay powered on, but is on when the truck is on. The one inside the center console does as well as the one by the passenger side. Does anyone know what needs to be changed? It is on a 2022 F350 Tremor 6.7
 
Just made some forscan changes (tmps, door adjar, triple ding, bambi, temps on guages), fired up truck and drove a half mile to get TMPS to read. Drove home and shut off the truck and tried to restart it and it cranks but doesn't fire up. Probably unrelated but trying to figure it out still. I reverted the as-built files, I've open and closed the door to see about pressurizing the fuel system. Right now while I read I put a battery charger on it incase the battery got too low while I was sitting in there making changes for 30-40min (hvac blower was on, brain fart not turning it off). We'll see...
 
Just made some forscan changes (tmps, door adjar, triple ding, bambi, temps on guages), fired up truck and drove a half mile to get TMPS to read. Drove home and shut off the truck and tried to restart it and it cranks but doesn't fire up. Probably unrelated but trying to figure it out still. I reverted the as-built files, I've open and closed the door to see about pressurizing the fuel system. Right now while I read I put a battery charger on it incase the battery got too low while I was sitting in there making changes for 30-40min (hvac blower was on, brain fart not turning it off). We'll see...
I’m new to forscan and I was worried about making any changes to my truck in the beginning but from looking at the changes you’ve made it shouldn’t be forscan related issues. Hopefully its just a simple drained battery. Good luck.
 
Just made some forscan changes (tmps, door adjar, triple ding, bambi, temps on guages), fired up truck and drove a half mile to get TMPS to read. Drove home and shut off the truck and tried to restart it and it cranks but doesn't fire up. Probably unrelated but trying to figure it out still. I reverted the as-built files, I've open and closed the door to see about pressurizing the fuel system. Right now while I read I put a battery charger on it incase the battery got too low while I was sitting in there making changes for 30-40min (hvac blower was on, brain fart not turning it off). We'll see...
If you are still having issues you can see if there are any DTCs showing up in Forscan.

Also, when you first load the software answer "no" when it prompts to load an existing configuration. That will force a rescan of the modules (but won't change anything). Possibly one of the modules is in an in-between state and just needs a refresh...
 
  • Winner
Reactions: ccw
If you are still having issues you can see if there are any DTCs showing up in Forscan.

Also, when you first load the software answer "no" when it prompts to load an existing configuration. That will force a rescan of the modules (but won't change anything). Possibly one of the modules is in an in-between state and just needs a refresh...
Pretty sure I did no. Is there a minimum voltage needed to fire up? The battery is reading ~12.1-12.2V right now via forscan (and confirmed via multimeter). I have a 10amp charger on it right now. If its this voltage issue the battery is either rather drained down or I got a bad battery. I've tried cranking it a couple more times in the last hour so maybe haven't given the charger enough time to get enough charge in there. Initially though I connected it up via jumpers to my other truck (didn't measure voltage though) so should have had enough voltage at that point. I could do that again to verify I suppose.
 
12.1 - 12.2 puts you somewhere between 35% and 50% SoC according to this chart I just Googled:

Screenshot_20230121-150558~2.webp


Seems like it may be a battery issue (hopefully). 🤞
 
Nope, put jumpers on my other truck it was 13.8V and tried starting it, no go. Disconnected jumpers after a while and the battery is 12.7V (I put the charger back on as well for now). Grrrr.
 
Rats...
 
Reset the truck by pulling the battery cables while you are charging it up.
 
Reset the truck by pulling the battery cables while you are charging it up.
Yes, I was just typing the same thing. Weird that it is cranking but not firing, unless it is barely turning over...
 
Yes, I was just typing the same thing. Weird that it is cranking but not firing, unless it is barely turning over...
It was cranking strong.

Edit: Just pulled the negative for a bit. I'm headed up to the mountains with my son in a few, I'll check it before I leave if not gonna leave it till tomorrow.
 
IIRC you have a 7.3L

Another longshot, but if the tank is getting low could this be a water in fuel issue? I have had that happen on a boat before... Added some "Heet" and problem solved after some time for it to purge the junk...
 
Full tank. Dunno on reset off hand.
There is no separate fuel reset button, it happens on key-off/key-on if needed...
 
Back
Top Bottom