Forscan for 2022

I'm trying to disable the double honk but I can't find the setting... am I missing the module? Any ideas how to fix this?

1669734002009.webp
 
I'm trying to disable the double honk but I can't find the setting... am I missing the module? Any ideas how to fix this?

View attachment 105525
It looks like you're missing a lot of modules. That setting is in the BdyCM/BCM, which isn't listed in your screenshot.

Couple of things to confirm:
  1. What OBDII connector are you using?
  2. Was the ignition on (engine off) when Forscan did its initial scan? If the truck was completely off, a number of modules won't be found. To fix, disconnect from the truck, turn the ignition on, and then reconnect. Be sure to not load a saved profile so Forscan does a fresh scan of all the modules.
 
I am putting 37s on my Tremor next week. Is it sufficient just to change the tire/wheel size in Forscan for the speedometer work correctly?
 
I finally got my 2022 in today and I was trying to adjust the Navigation in use and was trying to see if there's a way to adjust the DRL brightness. I was also confused about the Temps On Gauges with the E5/ 65 and A5 on the spread sheet. I have the brake controller and it's a diesel so it has the boost and menus.

I also saw a line in one of them that said launch control. Do these trucks have what's needed for that?

Thanks
 
It looks like you're missing a lot of modules. That setting is in the BdyCM/BCM, which isn't listed in your screenshot.

Couple of things to confirm:
  1. What OBDII connector are you using?
  2. Was the ignition on (engine off) when Forscan did its initial scan? If the truck was completely off, a number of modules won't be found. To fix, disconnect from the truck, turn the ignition on, and then reconnect. Be sure to not load a saved profile so Forscan does a fresh scan of all the modules.

1. OBDLink MX Bluetooth (not the newer MX+)

2. I tried ignition on (engine off), and engine on.

I am using a fresh install of Forscan and tried an older version just in case. I deleted the saved profiles several times.
 
I finally got my 2022 in today and I was trying to adjust the Navigation in use and was trying to see if there's a way to adjust the DRL brightness. I was also confused about the Temps On Gauges with the E5/ 65 and A5 on the spread sheet. I have the brake controller and it's a diesel so it has the boost and menus.

I also saw a line in one of them that said launch control. Do these trucks have what's needed for that?

Thanks

I do belive this guy is on this forum as well.

 
1. OBDLink MX Bluetooth (not the newer MX+)

2. I tried ignition on (engine off), and engine on.

I am using a fresh install of Forscan and tried an older version just in case. I deleted the saved profiles several times.
Gotcha. My money is on the OBDLink you’re using, though I don’t know enough to say for sure. It sure looks like your OBDLink isn’t reading from all the CAN busses.

I recommend getting the USB OBDLink regardless for writing changes to the truck. If there’s a hiccup in the Bluetooth connection while writing changes, that could be a really bad day. A wired connection is inherently more reliable.

You can find links to the model ForScan recommends on their downloads page: https://forscan.org/download.html
 
Gotcha. My money is on the OBDLink you’re using, though I don’t know enough to say for sure. It sure looks like your OBDLink isn’t reading from all the CAN busses.

I recommend getting the USB OBDLink regardless for writing changes to the truck. If there’s a hiccup in the Bluetooth connection while writing changes, that could be a really bad day. A wired connection is inherently more reliable.

You can find links to the model ForScan recommends on their downloads page: https://forscan.org/download.html
👍 Ordered!
 
Is there a way to increase the e locker speed limit?
 

Attachments

  • D9415F59-01DD-4645-B612-25A3D01BF661.webp
    D9415F59-01DD-4645-B612-25A3D01BF661.webp
    101.4 KB · Views: 85
Gotcha. My money is on the OBDLink you’re using, though I don’t know enough to say for sure. It sure looks like your OBDLink isn’t reading from all the CAN busses.

I recommend getting the USB OBDLink regardless for writing changes to the truck. If there’s a hiccup in the Bluetooth connection while writing changes, that could be a really bad day. A wired connection is inherently more reliable.

You can find links to the model ForScan recommends on their downloads page: https://forscan.org/download.html
OBDLink EX (USB) worked perfectly!

I did have to install the drivers for it first.

I never saw this mentioned before, but saving the double honk setting made the dash and lights flash once and reset the TPMS. After a short drive it reset. Kind of freaked me out not expecting it.
 
Anybody know how to:
Make heater re-circulation stay ON when the heater is on? It turns off every 30sec when I have in on non-auto and set to heat. (Like foot only heating)
SUPER annoying to be stuck in traffic in the cold and smell stank-ass exhaust from the vehicle in front of you.
 
Anybody know how to:
Make heater re-circulation stay ON when the heater is on? It turns off every 30sec when I have in on non-auto and set to heat. (Like foot only heating)
SUPER annoying to be stuck in traffic in the cold and smell stank-ass exhaust from the vehicle in front of you.
Double-checking that you're experiencing this when the air is not directed at the windshield. If air is directed at the windshield, even only partly, the truck won't allow re-circulation as it increases the likelihood of fogging up the windshield.

Otherwise I swear I've never had this issue. Quite sure I've enabled re-circulation to block a smell while the heat was on.
 
Double-checking that you're experiencing this when the air is not directed at the windshield. If air is directed at the windshield, even only partly, the truck won't allow re-circulation as it increases the likelihood of fogging up the windshield.

Otherwise I swear I've never had this issue. Quite sure I've enabled re-circulation to block a smell while the heat was on.
Correct, NOT on Defrost for the windshield, but makes no difference if I turn AC on or off.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ccw
Correct, NOT on Defrost for the windshield, but makes no difference if I turn AC on or off.
Hmm...don't have much to suggest, then. If you have ForScan doing an HVAC module reset may have a chance of fixing it? But may be worth a trip to the dealer. Definitely seems wrong.

Recirculation will turn off on its own eventually to ensure the cabin has fresh air, but that's after quite a while. We're talking at minimum 30 minutes (and I'm pretty sure it's longer than that), not 30 seconds.
 
Hmm...don't have much to suggest, then. If you have ForScan doing an HVAC module reset may have a chance of fixing it? But may be worth a trip to the dealer. Definitely seems wrong.

Recirculation will turn off on its own eventually to ensure the cabin has fresh air, but that's after quite a while. We're talking at minimum 30 minutes (and I'm pretty sure it's longer than that), not 30 seconds.
I’ve never noticed mine turn off ever. I just keep it on all the time, other than the windshield times when I’m “not allowed” haha
 
I’ve never noticed mine turn off ever. I just keep it on all the time, other than the windshield times when I’m “not allowed” haha
Lol fair enough! Ya I can't say I've explicitly noticed mine turn off on the new truck. Swear it was a thing with my old truck and assumed it carried forward. Here's what the owner's manual says (page 149 in 22MY manual):

1670975760102.webp
 
Lol fair enough! Ya I can't say I've explicitly noticed mine turn off on the new truck. Swear it was a thing with my old truck and assumed it carried forward. Here's what the owner's manual says (page 149 in 22MY manual):

View attachment 106673
I’ll have to look out for this now that it’s winter. Interesting stuff!
 
Hmm...don't have much to suggest, then. If you have ForScan doing an HVAC module reset may have a chance of fixing it? But may be worth a trip to the dealer. Definitely seems wrong.

Recirculation will turn off on its own eventually to ensure the cabin has fresh air, but that's after quite a while. We're talking at minimum 30 minutes (and I'm pretty sure it's longer than that), not 30 seconds.
In 'Auto' mode Recirculation stays on for 15min or so.
I just don't like all that hot air anywhere near my head. Feet are what need the heat.
Ford needs to come out with heated floor mats.
 
Okay, so went in today to do a few upgrades. Plugged in, connected, all good. Selected the module I wanted to tweak, then hit write. I was only changing one thing. 50% into it, Forscan appeared to stop writing. It wouldn't move anymore. It was stuck at 50%. But, I was able to still move around the program. So I hit the stop service button, and the button went dark, as to show it wasn't able to be pressed again. But nothing else happened. I couldn't do anything else. I waited a few more minutes, and nothing would happen. I wasn't sure what to do, wasn't sure if it was even writing or doing anything anymore, so, for better or for worse, I just unplugged the OBD reader. Disconnect warning popped up, so I cleared them, shut down Forscan, and restarted it. Plugged in, and now, it won't connect to the car. I started up and drove around a bit, and I have no obvious issues. My banks pedal and e-venture is still reading through the OBD port (I checked by putting the truck in reverse, and the pedal monster identified it as being in reverse). I waited 20 minutes, and let the truck sit for a bit, then tried again - it still won't connect. I'm at a loss of what to do. On the main Forscan log screen, it just says "unable to connect. Make sure car is on". When I go to the log tab, it says "CAN failure 3%, BUS failure 3%". So I assume it's not reading, and something is "jammed up" in the communication loop. How do I unjam this? Hope this made sense
 
  • Wow
Reactions: ccw
Back
Top Bottom