Forscan for 2022

If there is, it has never been mentioned.
I have tried changing all the address I could find in the As-Built modules with reference to oil temp or pressure and nothing has worked thus far.

I'm a little confused on the turn signal flash count. If I don't want to have to manually cancel the flash, do I use OUC True or OUC False? For example, if I want to hit the directional signal and have it flash 5 times, which value do I select, "A" or "B"?

View attachment 45327

Found the answer on the F150 forum and sharing it here in case others have the same question. In short, to change the number of flashes while leaving the operation of the turn signal stalk as-is, use the values with "OUC False".
"OUC True" requires you to move the stalk up or down to turn off the signal, even after fully turning a corner.

Well I learned something new today...and I am now confused all over again! :ROFLMAO:
@Mtn_Skier read through my post explaining checksum calculation from some time back:

Post in thread 'Forscan for 2022' https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/forscan-for-2022.5886/post-138592

Additional background if you want to know more: Hexadecimal is used for character efficiency. In the world of computers everything breaks down into 1s and 0s called "bits". 8 of those bits grouped together is called one "byte" as in kilobyte, megabyte, gigabyte.

Since each bit can have 2 states (1 or 0) one byte can represent 256 different states = 2 raised to the power of 8.

It takes 8 characters to represent this:
Ex: 10000010
128x1=128
64x0 = 0
32x0 = 0
16x0 = 0
8x0 = 0
4x0 = 0
2x1 = 1
1x0 = 0
Total = 130

In regular decimal it takes 3 characters:
Ex: 130
100x1 = 100
10x3 = 30
1x0 = 0
Total = 130

In Hexadecimal it only takes 2:
Ex: 82
16x8 = 128
1x2 = 2
Total = 130

The characters you see in the As-Built memory addresses are all groups of 2 digit hexadecimal numbers including the address location itself:
724-01-01 is made up of 07, 24, 01, 01. When you calculate the checksum you need to include these as well...

Happy to answer any questions, and as @MiTremor906 said, you just have to let it all sink in and it will make sense.

Something I realized when installing my Diamondback cover that would be nice: either dramatically extending or eliminating the timeout for the bed lights. Having to keep turning them on every 10 minutes or whatever gets old real fast.

Has anyone seen a way to do that in Forscan?

Without going through 28 pages of this thread, has anyone figured out how to disable the speed limiter? Thanks.

Last question for the night (this Forscan takes up too much of my time) - what is configure my gauges feature found in the IPC module? It's disabled.

Last question for the night (this Forscan takes up too much of my time) - what is configure my gauges feature found in the IPC module? It's disabled.
Don’t know specifically about that one, but wouldn’t put too much stock in plain English things that haven’t been explicitly validated by folks. There’s lots that is listed and either isn’t actually hooked up in Forscan or is hooked up to the wrong thing.

In either case, the functionality may not even exist on our trucks or be impossible to enable/disable from Forscan for our trucks.

"Has anyone figured out how to disable the speed limiter?"

And the reason you want to drive a 4 ton truck over 96 is?
The tires are legally limited to 96. I have passed a few times
at 90ish but we're talking a grand total of 10 seconds over 90.
The truck was solid but I won't make a habit of it.

"Has anyone figured out how to disable the speed limiter?"

And the reason you want to drive a 4 ton truck over 96 is?
The tires are legally limited to 96. I have passed a few times
at 90ish but we're talking a grand total of 10 seconds over 90.
The truck was solid but I won't make a habit of it.

I don't want to be limited, simple as that.

No - it is a dummy gauge. Ford uses a pressure switch to indicate that there is oil pressure, but does not measure it.
They could display engine oil temperature.

Not only do I hate FORscan but also these forums -- I've spent a total of 4 hours playing with all everthing FORscan has to offer in regards to our vehicles!

I'm thrilled for the loathe but I am also not pleased with some results.

I cannot get the Global close to function properly.

It seems that prior to MY22, it was accomplished through "as-built'

MY22 is now through "plain english"

Still cannot get it to function right!

First, only passenger door worked to open yet not close.

Then, both D & P door worked -- but only in open function, can't get them to close.

??

I am thrilled to announce that I enabled both the "dome and puddle light" to turn on when unlocking/locking the truck as opposed to just the puddle light. The "dome" is the tow/side mirror light turns to "bright" mode, which offers that much more light for entry or exit from the vehicle. Done through BdyCM.

I know in our dash menu (MY22) there’s a spot that says configure my gauges, basically lets you choose the ones you want to access easy on the favorites screen I believe. I haven’t played with it much since I’m happy with the gauges how they are, but you could look there. I’ll take a pic later today if I remember and show you where it’s at on my truck

I know in our dash menu (MY22) there’s a spot that says configure my gauges, basically lets you choose the ones you want to access easy on the favorites screen I believe. I haven’t played with it much since I’m happy with the gauges how they are, but you could look there. I’ll take a pic later today if I remember and show you where it’s at on my truck

I concur.

What's weird is that FORscan shows it as disabled but then again, I have noticed a lot of things not enabled through FORscan that on the truck itself are enabled (through the dash menu like you mentioned).

Anyone has success changing the splash screen on a 22? I’ve tried plain english as well as as-built. All show correct changes, but there’s no change to the animation. Not sure why it’s not changing.

Reactions: ccw
I've gotten a little confused on the "temps above gauges" change. I have 6.7L PowerBoost with trailer brake controller. I think I need to change address 720-07-01, second set of parameters to reflect "E5" as the two central characters: XXXX XE5X XXXX

Can some one confirm?

I've gotten a little confused on the "temps above gauges" change. I have 6.7L PowerBoost with trailer brake controller. I think I need to change address 720-07-01, second set of parameters to reflect "E5" as the two central characters: XXXX XE5X XXXX

Can some one confirm?
That is the correct address. I only had to change a single character and it was XXXX XXAX XXXX. the A was my original and I changed it to 5.

Is E5 your original or what you changed it to?

Back