Forscan for 2022

I'm a little confused on the turn signal flash count. If I don't want to have to manually cancel the flash, do I use OUC True or OUC False? For example, if I want to hit the directional signal and have it flash 5 times, which value do I select, "A" or "B"?

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 7.25.13 PM.webp
 
For completeness sack, I'm copy and paste this in this tread as well since people might just look here. (not trying to duplicate this information but duplicate threads call for duplicate posts)

Always remember to save a copy of the As Built module before changing anything and I recommend making notes of what you change.

Here are the plain english changes that I made, the setting column below is what it is listed as in said module.

ModuleSettingOriginalNew
BdyCM – Plain EnglishDouble Honk on Leaving CabineEnabledDisabled
BdyCM – Plain EnglishTPM - Placard Front, psi6050
BdyCM – Plain EnglishTPM - Placard Rear, psi7060
BdyCM – Plain EnglishUsing Front Fog with High BeamInhibitedAllowed
IPC – Plain EnglishChimes - Vehicle running with door openAutomatic TransmissionDisabled
IPC – Plain EnglishAverage Speed DisplayDisabledEnabled

Here are changes I made in the as built setting, bold and underlined numbers/letters are only ones that need to change, your original as built could be different depending on truck options. (Last two may be different for others and just checksum that will auto calculate). FYI, My truck is a MY22 7.3, these may or maynot be different for others.

ModuleSettingOriginalNew
IPC - 720-07-01Digital Temps above Gauge8409-0AA0-086E8409-0A50-081E
IPC – 720-01-02Disable Triple Ding at start up221B-50B7221B-52B9
APIM – 7D0-03-01Nav in Motion5553-0203-038B5753-0203-038D
SCCM – 724-01-01Turn Signal Flash Count increase to 7002C-4628-C7002C-4E28-CF
What’s the plain English and how do you get to it? Thanks
 
Ok, thank you so much. We’ll give it a try.
@Sharonchoctaw that is not exactly correct. Changing the "A" to a "5" is the only character that is required to enable the gauges. The last two characters are the checksum - just a resultant of summing the other numbers in the correct order. It's a little more involved than that since it's in hexadecimal but that is the basic principle. Think of it more like a difference sum - since you are reducing one term by "50" in hex you can reduce the checksum by "50". If you post your original as-built address string I can tell you what it should be, or Forscan will automatically calculate it for you. Either way is fine. The checksum will not be the same as @Mtn_Skier since he has different values in that address.
 
@Sharonchoctaw that is not exactly correct. Changing the "A" to a "5" is the only character that is required to enable the gauges. The last two characters are the checksum - just a resultant of summing the other numbers in the correct order. It's a little more involved than that since it's in hexadecimal but that is the basic principle. Think of it more like a difference sum - since you are reducing one term by "50" in hex you can reduce the checksum by "50". If you post your original as-built address string I can tell you what it should be, or Forscan will automatically calculate it for you. Either way is fine. The checksum will not be the same as @Mtn_Skier since he has different values in that address.
Thank you got it, do you know how to do the Bambi mode? 2022 f350?
 
What’s the plain English and how do you get to it? Thanks
When you load the modules in Forscan you will see some that are labeled "As-Built" and some that aren't. The ones that aren't are referred to as "Plain English" since the changes read like logical instructions instead of hexadecimal code. Some modules only have As-Built though, and for the ones that have Plain English, not all the commands work properly or at all.
 
Thank you got it, do you know how to do the Bambi mode? 2022 f350?
That is one you can change in the Plain English version of the BdyCM:

Look for "Using Front Fog with High Beam" and change it from "Inhibited" to "Allowed"
 
That is one you can change in the Plain English version of the BdyCM:

Look for "Using Front Fog with High Beam" and change it from "Inhibited" to "Allowed"
Unfortunately that verbiage isn’t listed for the high w fig lights, that’s where we’re having the problem?
 
@Sharonchoctaw that is not exactly correct. Changing the "A" to a "5" is the only character that is required to enable the gauges. The last two characters are the checksum - just a resultant of summing the other numbers in the correct order. It's a little more involved than that since it's in hexadecimal but that is the basic principle. Think of it more like a difference sum - since you are reducing one term by "50" in hex you can reduce the checksum by "50". If you post your original as-built address string I can tell you what it should be, or Forscan will automatically calculate it for you. Either way is fine. The checksum will not be the same as @Mtn_Skier since he has different values in that address.
Well I learned something new today...and I am now confused all over again! :ROFLMAO:
 
Is there a way to add the oil pressure above the gauge?
 
Unfortunately that verbiage isn’t listed for the high w fig lights, that’s where we’re having the problem?
Using Front Fog with High Beam.

Not sure if you had already found it or not, but the above is the verbiage in plain English for Bambi mode (fogs with high beams)
 
Well I learned something new today...and I am now confused all over again! :ROFLMAO:
Read it a few times and it will start to make a lot more sense. Once you understand it more, it's easier to make and understand different changes.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom