DTX2023Tremor's Money Pit Build and other miscellaneous topics

Following up on this, I think I've come up with the design I want, but won't know until later tomorrow how well it pans out; no reason why it shouldn't be good! Shoud be slick and can't wait!
Looking forward to picking up a set whenever you have them ready for purchase
 
Thank you for all the information. Much appreciated. Hopefully they prep/paint the door handles and mirror caps better. Has anyone seen a platinum grill swap out for a lariat sport grill (waffled look). Or maybe I should price out OEM Ford Part for the Sport appearance package grill which is the same as Platinum but black.
I purchased the painted F450 High Flow grille paint matched to my truck. I then took it to get PPF applied. It's holding up good. It carbonized gray on the outside and gloss black in the middle.
 
I purchased the painted F450 High Flow grille paint matched to my truck. I then took it to get PPF applied. It's holding up good. It carbonized gray on the outside and gloss black in the middle.
Curious how much the grill and paint work cost for your setup.

At BFN a 2023 Platinum grill painted is $2,200. At that price point, it pushes this a ways down the list for me.
 
Design is done. Magnets are now completely hidden (inserted mid-print) and keeps them from rusting which was a problem from generation #1 of my design.

Going to be testing with multiple rounds of car washes and toll road runs before I sign off.




kSCSEcB.jpg
 
Last edited:
Design is done. Magnets are now completely hidden (inserted mid-print) and keeps them from rusting which was a problem from generation #1 of my design.

Going to be testing with multiple rounds of car washes and toll road runs before I sign off.

View attachment 140397

kSCSEcB.jpg
You are a machine my friend!
 
Design is done. Magnets are now completely hidden (inserted mid-print) and keeps them from rusting which was a problem from generation #1 of my design.

Going to be testing with multiple rounds of car washes and toll road runs before I sign off.

View attachment 140397

kSCSEcB.jpg
Gotta take it in a ride down a long dirt road too to see if enough constant vibration causes to slowly shake out.
 
Design is done. Magnets are now completely hidden (inserted mid-print) and keeps them from rusting which was a problem from generation #1 of my design.

Going to be testing with multiple rounds of car washes and toll road runs before I sign off.

That came out great, nice work!
 
No issues at the car wash today. Ordered enough magnets to make 15 sets. Ordered N52 grade magnets, so they will be even stronger than what I've been using currently on my truck!
Sign me up!
 
Just got my @BMCLIGHTS Fog pocket kit with my BD lights. The box was a lot larger than expected.... now just need a warm weekend to install these.

1000009075.webp
 
Took advantage of the nice weather today to do a few smaller items on my list.

First up was replacing the end caps on the hitch. Thanks again @trmrzla for the recommendation. These required a mallet to tap in, so am confident these will stay in.

View attachment 136921
I put the BMC lights in mine. Hooked them to an upfitter. They work great.
 
@DTX2023Tremor @Rodd187 @modified @Sludgemonkey44

I just created a placeholder product listing for the hitch tube end covers. You can sign up on the notification list. After I print the sets up, I will post inventory. Still waiting on the N52 magnets to come in.

It says for '17-22 simply because I need a confirmation that Ford didn't change anything of the hitch tube. Confident they didn't, but still lol.

 
Last edited:
@DTX2023Tremor @Rodd187 @modified @Sludgemonkey44

I just created a placeholder product listing for the hitch tube end covers. You can sign up on the notification list. After I print the sets up, I will post inventory. Still waiting on the N52 magnets to come in.

It says for '17-22 simply because I need a confirmation that Ford didn't change anything of the hitch tube. Confident they didn't, but still lol.

Done! Thank you for adding another great product to the catalog
 
@DTX2023Tremor @Rodd187 @modified @Sludgemonkey44

I just created a placeholder product listing for the hitch tube end covers. You can sign up on the notification list. After I print the sets up, I will post inventory. Still waiting on the N52 magnets to come in.

It says for '17-22 simply because I need a confirmation that Ford didn't change anything of the hitch tube. Confident they didn't, but still lol.

I'll take them too once you get more.
 
I'll take them too once you get more.
This will be the first batch, never been released before. Add your email to the notification list on the product page.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom