DTX2023Tremor's Money Pit Build and other miscellaneous topics

Those who went to the Moab meet are already well aware of the engine troubles that I've been having since the week of the meet. What started out as an intermittent engine misfire on Tuesday night, ended up with a consistent misfire issue driving home on the Friday following the Moab meet.

I have 62500 miles on it and took it to a local Ford dealer to figure out the issue.

From the service tech:
VERIFIED CUSTOMER CONCERN, FOUND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT PRESENT. RAN SELF TEST, RETRIEVED DTC P0303, P0304, P0306 AND P0300. FOUND EXCESSIVE MISFIRE PRESENT. CHECKED FOR RELATED TSB/SSM, FOUND TSB 26-2256. REMOVE AND INSPECTED OIL FILTER, FOUND EXCESSIVE METAL AND DEBRIS PRESENT. AT THIS TIME WILL NEED TO REMOVE AND REPLACE ENGINE LONG BLOCK PER TSB, THEN RE-TEST. FORD ESP APPROVED REPAIR.

From the TSB they referenced:

Issue:
Some of the vehicles listed in the Model statement above may exhibit an upper engine ticking or tapping noise at idle. Customers may also report experiencing rough engine performance, engine misfire, or a MIL with DTCs P0301-P0308 in the PCM. This may be due to camshaft and/or valve tappet having excess wear within the engine assembly.

So I'm getting a new engine. Fortunately, another dealer locally had one in stock so they've transferred all the parts to my dealer who got everything in today. As you can imagine, they don't have a ton of techs that can do these jobs, so the main one won't get started on it until Friday. They'll have to pull the cab off and they're working with the shop whose done all my mods to minimize any impact to the things I've had installed.

Currently estimating that the new engine will be in place by end of next week.

From there, the dealership is going to chase a few other issues that seem unrelated to the lifter failure - random TPMS errors which said my tires on the driver's side were at 0 - 3 psi (happened intermittently on the drive out of Moab to L.A. and again from the drive to L.A. to Dallas), also occurred on the drive to Dallas a warning that Pre-collision assist wasn't available and separate instance of adaptive cruise not being available.

Batteries were replaced in late January with new X2Power AGM batteries so that's unlikely to be the issue.
good luck. I also just got a warning that Pre-collision assist wasn't available, so I hope it is unrelated to all the issues that led to a new engine.
 
good luck. I also just got a warning that Pre-collision assist wasn't available, so I hope it is unrelated to all the issues that led to a new engine.
is the top center of your windshield dirty or blocked?

or you adaptive cruise module blocked?

hopefullly that's it🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

or just needs a restart (reboot)
 
good luck. I also just got a warning that Pre-collision assist wasn't available, so I hope it is unrelated to all the issues that led to a new engine.


About six months ago an OTA update cured this ill for my truck. Do you allow those over-the-air updates for your truck? They typically offer to schedule these for 1:00 a.m. - then again you more than likely know this.

:geek:
 
is the top center of your windshield dirty or blocked?

or you adaptive cruise module blocked?

hopefullly that's it🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

or just needs a restart (reboot)
Not blocked or dirty,
And I dont have adaptive cruise that i know or.
I do have adaptive lane assist and pre collision alerts
 
Back
Top Bottom