DTX2023Tremor's Money Pit Build and other miscellaneous topics

Got the 58 gallon Transfer Flow tank installed. The team at Mike's Off-road took good care of me and got the job done in about 4 hours. They even matched the recent discounted price for the tank that Transfer Flow had on their site.

After siphoning the gas that was in my tank, they also added a couple additional gallons to make sure I could get where I needed to go. $162.25 later and I had a full tank of gas. I forgot that Sam's club has a $150 limit so had to split it across 2 transactions. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hopefully the Forscan adjustment will be figured out soon so I can get a better DTE estimate from the truck.

1000012694.webp
 
Got the 58 gallon Transfer Flow tank installed. The team at Mike's Off-road took good care of me and got the job done in about 4 hours. They even matched the recent discounted price for the tank that Transfer Flow had on their site.

After siphoning the gas that was in my tank, they also added a couple additional gallons to make sure I could get where I needed to go. $162.25 later and I had a full tank of gas. I forgot that Sam's club has a $150 limit so had to split it across 2 transactions. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hopefully the Forscan adjustment will be figured out soon so I can get a better DTE estimate from the truck.

View attachment 161782
Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy the extra capacity!!
 
Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy the extra capacity!!
Thanks ๐Ÿ˜... Going on a road trip this weekend so will take full advantage of less fuel stops for sure!
 
Initial impressions of having the Transfer Flow tank installed. Both my wife and I noticed a difference in the acceleration and road manners of the truck. It is slightly slower and it feels heavier. The added fuel adds 140lbs of weight plus the added weight of the tank. So it's like carrying another adult male in the truck.

That said, my projected mileage on a full tank is 830 miles with the fuel economy I'm getting on the road trip we're on this weekend. This is almost the distance between Dallas and Frankfort, KY. I'm really happy about only needing to get gas twice in on this trip, with probably half a tank to spare by the time we get home.
 
Initial impressions of having the Transfer Flow tank installed. Both my wife and I noticed a difference in the acceleration and road manners of the truck. It is slightly slower and it feels heavier. The added fuel adds 140lbs of weight plus the added weight of the tank. So it's like carrying another adult male in the truck.

That said, my projected mileage on a full tank is 830 miles with the fuel economy I'm getting on the road trip we're on this weekend. This is almost the distance between Dallas and Frankfort, KY. I'm really happy about only needing to get gas twice in on this trip, with probably half a tank to spare by the time we get home.
Let me know how that worked out when you get back. Be safe, have fun
 
Filled up the tank this morning... Distance to empty was 0 (well, drove a few miles with it saying zero) and had driven 700 miles. Fill-up was exactly 50 gallons so the reserve amount is 8 gallons. Looking forward to when I can get this updated in Forscan to reduce that to 4 gallons.
 
Today I picked up my truck with the next phase of mods installed:
  • 2.5/3.5 Leveling Kit:
    • Carli Front Ford Super Duty 2.5" Leveling Coils
    • Carli Signature Series Custom Tuned Shocks
    • Carli 2017+ Ford Super Duty Front Stainless Braided Brake Lines
    • Caster Correction Shims
    • Carli Leveling Front Bump Stop Drops
  • Factory Load Scale / Headlight Sensor Lift Brackets (Front/Rear)
  • Signature Rear Shocks
  • Carli Adjustable Track Bar
  • Carli Torsion Sway Bar
  • Carli High Mount Steering Stabilizer
Initial impressions from the drive home from the shop... There are noticable differences in the ride with these changes. It seems a bit softer on the expansion joints and general bumps in the highway / roads. Don't want to oversell it. It isn't a huge difference, but it is noticeable and does make the ride more pleasant.

The new steering enhancements also change the way it handles a bit as well. Steering seems to take slightly more pressure to turn / deviate from center. Not a huge difference. Again it's subtle but noticable. Need to drive it a bit more to see how I like the way the truck handles now vs stock.

Overall happy with the changes and looking forward to when I change out the leaf springs and add the new shackles to see how it further improves the ride.
 
Got the 58 gallon Transfer Flow tank installed. The team at Mike's Off-road took good care of me and got the job done in about 4 hours. They even matched the recent discounted price for the tank that Transfer Flow had on their site.

After siphoning the gas that was in my tank, they also added a couple additional gallons to make sure I could get where I needed to go. $162.25 later and I had a full tank of gas. I forgot that Sam's club has a $150 limit so had to split it across 2 transactions. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hopefully the Forscan adjustment will be figured out soon so I can get a better DTE estimate from the truck.

View attachment 161782

What did they charge on labor for the install and how long did they have it?
 
Today I picked up my truck with the next phase of mods installed:
  • 2.5/3.5 Leveling Kit:
    • Carli Front Ford Super Duty 2.5" Leveling Coils
    • Carli Signature Series Custom Tuned Shocks
    • Carli 2017+ Ford Super Duty Front Stainless Braided Brake Lines
    • Caster Correction Shims
    • Carli Leveling Front Bump Stop Drops
  • Factory Load Scale / Headlight Sensor Lift Brackets (Front/Rear)
  • Signature Rear Shocks
  • Carli Adjustable Track Bar
  • Carli Torsion Sway Bar
  • Carli High Mount Steering Stabilizer
Initial impressions from the drive home from the shop... There are noticable differences in the ride with these changes. It seems a bit softer on the expansion joints and general bumps in the highway / roads. Don't want to oversell it. It isn't a huge difference, but it is noticeable and does make the ride more pleasant.

The new steering enhancements also change the way it handles a bit as well. Steering seems to take slightly more pressure to turn / deviate from center. Not a huge difference. Again it's subtle but noticable. Need to drive it a bit more to see how I like the way the truck handles now vs stock.

Overall happy with the changes and looking forward to when I change out the leaf springs and add the new shackles to see how it further improves the ride.
So you did all of this just in time for the meet, huh? ๐Ÿคช
 
So you did all of this just in time for the meet, huh? ๐Ÿคช
Lol.. got another round of mods planned for early October. Nothing suspension related though. Next round of those upgrades planned for March of next year.
 
I am trying to figure out what to do with all the original parts that were removed. Would it be likely anyone would want these or are they basically trash?
 
I am trying to figure out what to do with all the original parts that were removed. Would it be likely anyone would want these or are they basically trash?
I'll take them when you bring them to the meet. I'm buying you a beer so ... we're even. ๐Ÿคช
 
I am trying to figure out what to do with all the original parts that were removed. Would it be likely anyone would want these or are they basically trash?
I brought all of my takeoffs homeโ€ฆ which I would have just left them with the shop. Those 1 ton factory leafs weigh a lot!
 
I brought all of my takeoffs homeโ€ฆ which I would have just left them with the shop. Those 1 ton factory leafs weigh a lot!
Are you just hanging on to them to restore the truck to stock down the road? Looking to sell?

I don't have a convenient place to store them, but if there's a good rationale for hanging into them I'll find a place. I had the shop toss my factory exhaust when I did that upgrade so wasn't expecting them to put the parts in the bed. Learned they were back there when I hit a large bump going to get gas.
 
Are you just hanging on to them to restore the truck to stock down the road? Looking to sell?

I don't have a convenient place to store them, but if there's a good rationale for hanging into them I'll find a place. I had the shop toss my factory exhaust when I did that upgrade so wasn't expecting them to put the parts in the bed. Learned they were back there when I hit a large bump going to get gas.
I think part of me thought keep them in case I need/want to return to stock, then after about a week of having the truck Iโ€™m like I should just sell itโ€ฆ truth is I donโ€™t ever see me returning to stock, and it takes up too much floor space in my garage storing the parts
 
Took advantage of the good weather this weekend to knock out a bit of maintenance. Yesterday, washed the truck, detailed the inside and outside including putting some 303 spray on all the black trim pieces and the tonneau cover. It's amazing how in 2 - 3 months since the last time I put 303 on the trim how it had faded from being parked 24/7 outside. Similarly, the interior detail spray I use also has some UV protection in it and it also darkened the dash a little, surprising since I have tint on all the windows and windshield that blocks 99% of UV light.

Today was time for my next oil change and tire rotation. 20K miles in just over 10.5 months of ownership. Took some time to pull off the Centrimatic wheel balancers and add a fresh coat of nickel anti-sieze on the backside to help avoid them sticking to the hubs and the wheels from sticking to them as well.

Figured since the wheels were off, it was a good time to take care of a couple of mods I've been sitting on: installing the front wheel well liners and the A/C drain tube. Thanks to @Rodd187 for the tip on the Wicked MFG kit. Super easy install. Installing the wheel well liners was also pretty easy, but a tiny bit more involved since I had to uninstall the front fender flares to be able to install the liners.

1000014450.webp
 
Took advantage of the good weather this weekend to knock out a bit of maintenance. Yesterday, washed the truck, detailed the inside and outside including putting some 303 spray on all the black trim pieces and the tonneau cover. It's amazing how in 2 - 3 months since the last time I put 303 on the trim how it had faded from being parked 24/7 outside. Similarly, the interior detail spray I use also has some UV protection in it and it also darkened the dash a little, surprising since I have tint on all the windows and windshield that blocks 99% of UV light.

Today was time for my next oil change and tire rotation. 20K miles in just over 10.5 months of ownership. Took some time to pull off the Centrimatic wheel balancers and add a fresh coat of nickel anti-sieze on the backside to help avoid them sticking to the hubs and the wheels from sticking to them as well.

Figured since the wheels were off, it was a good time to take care of a couple of mods I've been sitting on: installing the front wheel well liners and the A/C drain tube. Thanks to @Rodd187 for the tip on the Wicked MFG kit. Super easy install. Installing the wheel well liners was also pretty easy, but a tiny bit more involved since I had to uninstall the front fender flares to be able to install the liners.

View attachment 169500
Dang! 20k miles already?! I need to drive more. Ha. I just hit 5k last month.

Loving the look of your truck! I need more money to keep up with my ambition and hobbies.
 
Dang! 20k miles already?! I need to drive more. Ha. I just hit 5k last month.

Loving the look of your truck! I need more money to keep up with my ambition and hobbies.
Thanks and great to hear from you! I have a few more mods planned, and it will be another year or two before I'm done. I've got a few expensive hobbies and the truck definitely tops the list as of late. Fortunately, my wife likes the truck and is really supportive of the mods. She always asks me what I'm doing to "her truck" when I get the next thing ordered.

I thought you have a travel trailer and plans for some trips. Were those relatively local trips? Join the meet-up at Big Bend in November....it's only 1,500 miles each way ๐Ÿ˜‰
 
Back
Top Bottom