DO NOT BUY A TRANSMISSiON PAN!!!

How about this one to add insult to injury?

Because, of course, simply increasing the volume of oil in everything is clearly just the trend lately. 🤨


For 7 benjamins, you also get a great allen head bolt as your drain plug, just to make matters even more interesting when loosening the drain plug (I guess it would prevent Skyler at the stealership from overtighten a socket bolt head or even a 3/8" drive insert.....?).

I love their marketing paragraph and not sure how an oversized pan increases realibility? Maybe the high end billet aluminum but what happened to good ol' sheet metal pan?? At least with those rigid fins, the darn thing looks stealthy but at that price point - no thanks.

Disclaimer: this is for the engine oil not trans oil

Sorry about the hijack, now back to your regularly scheduled program....

1758150673558.webp
 
Because, of course, simply increasing the volume of oil in everything is clearly just the trend lately. 🤨

For 7 benjamins, you also get a great allen head bolt as your drain plug, just to make matters even more interesting when loosening the drain plug (I guess it would prevent Skyler at the stealership from overtighten a socket bolt head or even a 3/8" drive insert.....?).

I love their marketing paragraph and not sure how an oversized pan increases realibility? Maybe the high end billet aluminum but what happened to good ol' sheet metal pan?? At least with those rigid fins, the darn thing looks stealthy but at that price point - no thanks.

Disclaimer: this is for the engine oil not trans oil

Sorry about the hijack, now back to your regularly scheduled program....

View attachment 226747
Ha! Well hell, why stop at 3... we already put essentially 4 gallons in these hogs, we should go for a full barrel. Think of the drain intervals, your first oil change would come at 150,000.
 
Ha! Well hell, why stop at 3... we already put essentially 4 gallons in these hogs, we should go for a full barrel. Think of the drain intervals, your first oil change would come at 150,000.
For the love of all things holy. Why can't it just add enough capacity for an even 4 gallons?!? Is mathing that hard for people? They must be related to the A hole that designs wiper fluid reservoirs!
/rant
😂🤪😂
 
I know many diesel guys that like to blow their tranny's. How did you let this one slip through your keyboard?
I don't know any diesel guys that like to blow their tranny's so I couldn't write it! 😁
 
For the love of all things holy. Why can't it just add enough capacity for an even 4 gallons?!? Is mathing that hard for people? They must be related to the A hole that designs wiper fluid reservoirs!
/rant
😂🤪😂
It IS Ford and they ARE engineers so simple mathing is in fact, hard. Tee hee.
 
It IS Ford and they ARE engineers so simple mathing is in fact, hard. Tee hee.
Guilty here. OCD and a ME degree make for some really weird dreams.
Maybe S&B or Titan can figure out how to get 13 more ounces in a redesigned washer fluid tank! I would buy in a heartbeat!
 
Guilty here. OCD and a ME degree make for some really weird dreams.
Maybe S&B or Titan can figure out how to get 13 more ounces in a redesigned washer fluid tank! I would buy in a heartbeat!
Uhm, I am with you on that one! Somewhat in the same, Chem here even though I went down the IT road. Machined or cast washer fluid tank increasing cap to 5 gallons... CH3OH/H2O 49%/51% injection to follow!

Of course, we would have to line that tank with some sort of substance that wouldn’t react with the methanol and water, but I still want it. 🤪
 
Last edited:
For the love of all things holy. Why can't it just add enough capacity for an even 4 gallons?!? Is mathing that hard for people?
I think the PPE oil pan adds a quart, so that should make 4 gallons for mine. I'm not sure if I'm gonna get one, but my tranny pan arrived today. It looks good.
 
I think the PPE oil pan adds a quart, so that should make 4 gallons for mine. I'm not sure if I'm gonna get one, but my tranny pan arrived today. It looks good.
Someone is thinking! 🤣
 
How about this one to add insult to injury?

Because, of course, simply increasing the volume of oil in everything is clearly just the trend lately. 🤨

For 7 benjamins, you also get a great allen head bolt as your drain plug, just to make matters even more interesting when loosening the drain plug (I guess it would prevent Skyler at the stealership from overtighten a socket bolt head or even a 3/8" drive insert.....?).

I love their marketing paragraph and not sure how an oversized pan increases realibility? Maybe the high end billet aluminum but what happened to good ol' sheet metal pan?? At least with those rigid fins, the darn thing looks stealthy but at that price point - no thanks.

Disclaimer: this is for the engine oil not trans oil

Sorry about the hijack, now back to your regularly scheduled program....

View attachment 226747
I like the general idea, especially with the return port, could be a good option while a wild cost increase for those wanting to do the bypass filter and using this as a return (or similar pan if it exists) instead of the fill neck. Having had a vertical drainplug on my 6.0s, that fucker can go to hell.
 
Okay, so these trans' are thermostatically controlled. I can watch, regardless of ambient air temps and while up on the interstate, my trans temps vary between 209/211 to 220/222* and back again all day long.

So having/using a deep pan may not be as necessary as it once in the effort to reduce trans fluid temps... but at this point I am now concerned w/ keeping the friction materials detritus from being pulsed into the valvebody. There's not a lot of flow through a valvebody when compared to simply pressure, and this will "loft" carbon from clutch packs and deposit into the valvebody core.

If there can be just four extra quarts in my trans pan then this additional quantity could serve to keep detritus/debris in the lower level of this greater volume of fluid - to where the filter will pick up effectivey cleaner fluid, process it then send it through the pump/s.

But then again what do I know. I'm just a cave man. 😆


Forgive me but I can read the entire thread later - there seem to be some impressive and impressively logical posts herein. It was TLDR so here I am just slamming my two cents in yer faces. Cheers!
 
Okay, so these trans' are thermostatically controlled. I can watch, regardless of ambient air temps and while up on the interstate, my trans temps vary between 209/211 to 220/222* and back again all day long.

So having/using a deep pan may not be as necessary as it once in the effort to reduce trans fluid temps... but at this point I am now concerned w/ keeping the friction materials detritus from being pulsed into the valvebody. There's not a lot of flow through a valvebody when compared to simply pressure, and this will "loft" carbon from clutch packs and deposit into the valvebody core.

If there can be just four extra quarts in my trans pan then this additional quantity could serve to keep detritus/debris in the lower level of this greater volume of fluid - to where the filter will pick up effectivey cleaner fluid, process it then send it through the pump/s.

But then again what do I know. I'm just a cave man. 😆


Forgive me but I can read the entire thread later - there seem to be some impressive and impressively logical posts herein. It was TLDR so here I am just slamming my two cents in yer faces. Cheers!
You explained this eloquently and in a much better way than I could’ve conveyed my thoughts. This is similar to what I was thinking, but I also didn’t want to have to add an extra 2 gallons of fluid. I figured a couple quarts would suffice. However, not only am I a caveman, but I am also a transmission neophyte at best.
 
Okay, so these trans' are thermostatically controlled. I can watch, regardless of ambient air temps and while up on the interstate, my trans temps vary between 209/211 to 220/222* and back again all day long.

So having/using a deep pan may not be as necessary as it once in the effort to reduce trans fluid temps... but at this point I am now concerned w/ keeping the friction materials detritus from being pulsed into the valvebody. There's not a lot of flow through a valvebody when compared to simply pressure, and this will "loft" carbon from clutch packs and deposit into the valvebody core.

If there can be just four extra quarts in my trans pan then this additional quantity could serve to keep detritus/debris in the lower level of this greater volume of fluid - to where the filter will pick up effectivey cleaner fluid, process it then send it through the pump/s.

But then again what do I know. I'm just a cave man. 😆


Forgive me but I can read the entire thread later - there seem to be some impressive and impressively logical posts herein. It was TLDR so here I am just slamming my two cents in yer faces. Cheers!

Using the extra capacity as a silt trap is the first good reason I have heard for these pans other than the obvious, They look awesome and have a drain plug.

Are any of you guys having over heating problems with the 10R140? I have had 3 10R80's and towed 10K in 5° to 115° temps with my EcoBoosts and never had transmission temp problems. Installed the thermostat bypass in my Expy and ended up taking it out because it killed cold weather performance and warm up. The 10R's like to be hot. But just like a diff cover, I want one and I would love to have everything match. :ROFLMAO: But if I was dreaming they would not have any branding on them at all.
 
This is similar to what I was thinking, but I also didn’t want to have to add an extra 2 gallons of fluid. I figured a couple quarts would suffice. However, not only am I a caveman, but I am also a transmission neophyte at best.


You flatter me, Mr. Karloff!

Thank you for the kind word.

So, PML has released their 10R140 pan! and it can be had RAW!

I mention this because the PML pan increases capacity by just 3.75 quarts...

https://yourcovers.com/pml-ford-10r140-deep-transmission-pan.html






Using the extra capacity as a silt trap is the first good reason I have heard for these pans other than the obvious, They look awesome and have a drain plug.

Are any of you guys having over heating problems with the 10R140? I have had 3 10R80's and towed 10K in 5° to 115° temps with my EcoBoosts and never had transmission temp problems. Installed the thermostat bypass in my Expy and ended up taking it out because it killed cold weather performance and warm up. The 10R's like to be hot. But just like a diff cover, I want one and I would love to have everything match. :ROFLMAO: But if I was dreaming they would not have any branding on them at all.


Ain't that the tro0f! I flipped when I saw the PML diff cover for the F150's 8.8 Super. This was shortly after Performance Gearing in Azuza, CA. set up an EATON Truetrac gear type limited slip w/ a 4.10 crown gear (as the Brits n' Auzzies like to say).

These things are like automotive jewelry for me. Love this stuff.

Now, if one manufacturer has a pan you like but the other has the diff cover you like, you may get away w/ combining them on yer rig if you get 'em in RAWr.

See!
 
You flatter me, Mr. Karloff!

Thank you for the kind word.

So, PML has released their 10R140 pan! and it can be had RAW!

I mention this because the PML pan increases capacity by just 3.75 quarts...

https://yourcovers.com/pml-ford-10r140-deep-transmission-pan.html









Ain't that the tro0f! I flipped when I saw the PML diff cover for the F150's 8.8 Super. This was shortly after Performance Gearing in Azuza, CA. set up an EATON Truetrac gear type limited slip w/ a 4.10 crown gear (as the Brits n' Auzzies like to say).

These things are like automotive jewelry for me. Love this stuff.

Now, if one manufacturer has a pan you like but the other has the diff cover you like, you may get away w/ combining them on yer rig if you get 'em in RAWr.

See!
Still "extra capacity" -- why?!
 
For the love of all things holy. Why can't it just add enough capacity for an even 4 gallons?!? Is mathing that hard for people? They must be related to the A hole that designs wiper fluid reservoirs!
/rant
😂🤪😂

I have that special variety of OCD that’s made me look into that every time I change the damn oil.

The best thing I’ve been able to think of is an SPE oil cooler combined with a dual remote filter setup. The problem? You’d have to figure out a way to drain the cooler. The bigger problem? I actually use my truck and live on gravel, that oil cooler wouldn’t make it 50,000 miles.
 
You flatter me, Mr. Karloff!

Thank you for the kind word.

So, PML has released their 10R140 pan! and it can be had RAW!

I mention this because the PML pan increases capacity by just 3.75 quarts...

https://yourcovers.com/pml-ford-10r140-deep-transmission-pan.html









Ain't that the tro0f! I flipped when I saw the PML diff cover for the F150's 8.8 Super. This was shortly after Performance Gearing in Azuza, CA. set up an EATON Truetrac gear type limited slip w/ a 4.10 crown gear (as the Brits n' Auzzies like to say).

These things are like automotive jewelry for me. Love this stuff.

Now, if one manufacturer has a pan you like but the other has the diff cover you like, you may get away w/ combining them on yer rig if you get 'em in RAWr.

See!
Oh good Lord, anything that can be had raw will certainly pique @Optimus🤖 interest!
 
Back
Top Bottom