Camper Shell Options for Super Duty Tremor

Thank you for the pictures, there's two local installers I'm going to discuss this with. I remember seeing some RSI owners discussing a different, thicker seal they end up using, but I can't find that anymore. Is this something you've ever heard of?
No, can’t say I’ve heard of that.
 
Thank you for the pictures, there's two local installers I'm going to discuss this with. I remember seeing some RSI owners discussing a different, thicker seal they end up using, but I can't find that anymore. Is this something you've ever heard of?
The seal kit they sell is not the best. You can find a better one on amazon. I installed mine myself and assembled it. The instructions are not bad, the seal, installation and cutting it down are all spelled out. Nothing special to it, any dealer can easily do it.
 
The seal kit they sell is not the best. You can find a better one on amazon. I installed mine myself and assembled it. The instructions are not bad, the seal, installation and cutting it down are all spelled out. Nothing special to it, any dealer can easily do it.
Am I looking for a butyl camper seal from Amazon?
 
@b
I can take some pictures of the braces - i don't have any on me that are easy to find. Simple design tho. The sides are FAR from "floppy". That said, if someone wants in with a pry-bar, they're getting in; I don't care what topper you have. I'd rather them bend the panel than my bed trying to access. Dust is well mitigated but the bed is far from sealed from the factory - i have daylight through several areas in the bed construction so I'm not too picky about that. I just got back from a trip to Mammoth where i dug the truck out for 5ft. of snow on top of it, and around it. Everything inside was bone-dry so it seals better than the bed.

As the bed isn't sealed, i don't see why there would be ventilation? In the tents/campers, they have ventilation to prevent condensation when you're sleeping, but not in the topper. I was talking to them about a positive pressure system they're engineering as it would be far more effective in dusty environments than any attempt at sealing the bed.

@BLACKCHERRY I too would love to see some pictures of your custom braces.
 
Apologies for the delay in posting Wolfbox Pro rear camera, got OBE'd (Overcome By Events)
These are at day time and at night camera mounted on the license plate bracket -
Screen brightness at night is controlled on the Wolfbox screen by swiping up/down on the right side of the screen - there is not auto-brightness sensor reducing headlight glare - these pictures are for my comfort level am sure yours will vary
Daylight-
1776519054072.webp

Dawn 0500
1776519137966.webp

Dwan 0540 - traffic distance visible
1776519249442.webp

Dawn 0726
1776519365206.webp


Hope this is useful
 
Ok folks I’m hoping for some honest opinions. I’m having trouble deciding between a paint matched topper like the ARE Z2 or an RSI Smartcap on my truck so I thought I’d ask the experts on not only what will look better but quality.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6259.webp
    IMG_6259.webp
    278.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6257.webp
    IMG_6257.webp
    354.5 KB · Views: 12
Ok folks I’m hoping for some honest opinions. I’m having trouble deciding between a paint matched topper like the ARE Z2 or an RSI Smartcap on my truck so I thought I’d ask the experts on not only what will look better but quality.
If I would have not bought my rig for 5th wheel purposes, I would have gone with white because I like the Smartcap and it looks like it belongs on a white rig. I've had 3 ARE products of one sort or another, and if you decide to go that route, (elegant vs utilitarian aka Alchemy 1911 vs Glock 19 MOS), ARE cannot be beat in looks, fitting and durability.

In Other Words, both are top quality but go with Smartcap.
 
If I would have not bought my rig for 5th wheel purposes, I would have gone with white because I like the Smartcap and it looks like it belongs on a white rig. I've had 3 ARE products of one sort or another, and if you decide to go that route, (elegant vs utilitarian aka Alchemy 1911 vs Glock 19 MOS), ARE cannot be beat in looks, fitting and durability.

In Other Words, both are top quality but go with Smartcap.
Awesome analogy! Thank you
 
@TnTremor2026 - feel free to check out my build thread for more pictures but I recently snagged an ARE V Series.

As @Ragin Cajun said, ARE is really top notch. Both in build quality and paint quality. Just find yourself a good dealer that knows what they are doing and has a good relationship with ARE if you decide to go that route. (On an older truck of mine- I had an ARE topper with a faulty back window and ARE replaced the entire topper with a totally different model I chose free of charge 6 months later. Find a good dealer.)

My truck isnt white but at least avalanche gives you a lighter color to compare with. Also the V series is the least slanted in the rear which I prefer- it has more of a boxy shape like the smart cap does.

1776541464319.webp
 
@TnTremor2026 - feel free to check out my build thread for more pictures but I recently snagged an ARE V Series.

As @Ragin Cajun said, ARE is really top notch. Both in build quality and paint quality. Just find yourself a good dealer that knows what they are doing and has a good relationship with ARE if you decide to go that route. (On an older truck of mine- I had an ARE topper with a faulty back window and ARE replaced the entire topper with a totally different model I chose free of charge 6 months later. Find a good dealer.)

My truck isnt white but at least avalanche gives you a lighter color to compare with. Also the V series is the least slanted in the rear which I prefer- it has more of a boxy shape like the smart cap does.

View attachment 254021
Thank you!
 
Apologies for the delay in posting Wolfbox Pro rear camera, got OBE'd (Overcome By Events)
These are at day time and at night camera mounted on the license plate bracket -
Screen brightness at night is controlled on the Wolfbox screen by swiping up/down on the right side of the screen - there is not auto-brightness sensor reducing headlight glare - these pictures are for my comfort level am sure yours will vary
Daylight-
View attachment 253977
Dawn 0500
View attachment 253978
Dwan 0540 - traffic distance visible
View attachment 253979
Dawn 0726
View attachment 253980

Hope this is useful
super helpful, thank you for this!
 
@TnTremor2026 - feel free to check out my build thread for more pictures but I recently snagged an ARE V Series.

As @Ragin Cajun said, ARE is really top notch. Both in build quality and paint quality. Just find yourself a good dealer that knows what they are doing and has a good relationship with ARE if you decide to go that route. (On an older truck of mine- I had an ARE topper with a faulty back window and ARE replaced the entire topper with a totally different model I chose free of charge 6 months later. Find a good dealer.)

My truck isnt white but at least avalanche gives you a lighter color to compare with. Also the V series is the least slanted in the rear which I prefer- it has more of a boxy shape like the smart cap does.

View attachment 254021
You truck makes me tingle in areas that should not be affected by automobiles.
 
Agree with @Ragin Cajun and @Mtnduty either cap is good quality and construction, and use case. Our use case is back trails in ID carrying camping and recovery gear.

One comment I've had about my setup is the Smart Cap some don't like the looks of how it meets the roofline of the truck - there the ARE Z2 looks wise seems to blend better with the roofline.

SmartCap is very solid, liked the stainless steel construction, and their "Positive Pressure Air Vent," which I thought was marketing hype - really works on dusty trails @Sedona and Big Bend really kept the dust off my gear.

SmartCap Evo Sport with Offraod Alliance interior light kit, Decked system with Cargo Glide helps with gear storage along with accessibility loading/unloading
Side view

1776544553017.webp

Decked system and Cargo Glide before Smart Cap installed
1776544928412.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1776544533228.webp
    1776544533228.webp
    130.2 KB · Views: 11
If I would have not bought my rig for 5th wheel purposes, I would have gone with white because I like the Smartcap and it looks like it belongs on a white rig. I've had 3 ARE products of one sort or another, and if you decide to go that route, (elegant vs utilitarian aka Alchemy 1911 vs Glock 19 MOS), ARE cannot be beat in looks, fitting and durability.

In Other Words, both are top quality but go with Smartcap.
I agree with this, my choice for the RSI is based on a couple of small factors, but mainly security. I have a white truck coming, but since it has the black accents and wheels from Ford, I'll just carry that forward with the RSI. Plus, my wife said previously when I was going to get one for my white Tundra, the color matched ones make the truck look like a minivan (her opinion, not mine).
 
I love the are v series, I had a few of them on previous trucks. I currently have a smart cap, it gets the job done, it’s dust free and I love the sliding windows for the dog. Personally, I don’t like the looks, especially where it meets the roof line. Just last night a friend of mine was over and commenting on how he thinks the rsi smart cap is the best looking topper for a super duty and how he loves the look. I told him that’s funny, because I prefer the look of the are v series with sliding windows. But I do prefer the lack of dust and the ability to easily remove the smart cap.
 
Quality first, function second, looks third. (and as a user I can also verify the pressure vent works, and that dogs dig the side mini windows on the EVO)

Smart Cap for the win.
 
This has been a long time coming, but the latest iteration of the Smartcap, the Smartcap Edge series is finally here. Smartcap will be discontinuing the Evo series caps and has taken it to the next level with their new Edge. The Edge features massive edge-to-edge gullwing side doors giving you quick and easy access to your gear. Built out of stainless steel to protect your cargo from would-be thieves and still able to support 330lbs dynamics/770lbs static. Plus, the Edge-to-Edge door design offers one of the largest side openings of any cap every made—making it really easy to get large stuff in and out of the bed. Pictured below is the Edge Sport, which features enormous glass side panels and an integrated two position locking gullwing side doors for ample air flow.

These are in stock today! More models like the Edge Adventure are also in stock for the 2023+ trucks.

Want an Evo model cap? Hit us up as we're offering some deals on remaining inventory.

Questions? Shoot us a PM, give us a call or check us out online!


2.webp

1.webp
super duty edge sport w_ logo back .webp
smartcap-edge-two-position-gullwing-door.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom