Camper Shell Options for Super Duty Tremor

Interesting. Aesthetically, looks worse in my opinion....like a massive black pyrex container

Whoa, tough crowd! We hear you, though. Not everyone’s going to love the new design—or caps in general. But hey, it’s Monday. We’ll save the heated debates for Tuesday.
 
Interesting. Aesthetically, looks worse in my opinion....like a massive black pyrex container
I love my smartcap, but I don’t care for the new version… way too much glass. Go fast camper possibly next or caravan camper.
 
Whoa, tough crowd! We hear you, though. Not everyone’s going to love the new design—or caps in general. But hey, it’s Monday. We’ll save the heated debates for Tuesday.
Well. If it grows on me, I’ll get one from you guys again. Awesome service and prices.
 
Whoa, tough crowd! We hear you, though. Not everyone’s going to love the new design—or caps in general. But hey, it’s Monday. We’ll save the heated debates for Tuesday.
Lol just my opinion. I bought my smartcap from you guys and you guys were killer to work with. That said, the new edge "Adventure" version looks rad (just the "Sport" version looks dumb) and the new side door brackets for airflow are something I'm interested in. Do you know if those airflow brackets will fit with the older smartcap models?
 
Lol just my opinion. I bought my smartcap from you guys and you guys were killer to work with. That said, the new edge "Adventure" version looks rad (just the "Sport" version looks dumb) and the new side door brackets for airflow are something I'm interested in. Do you know if those airflow brackets will fit with the older smartcap models?
I'd also be interested in retrofitting the air flow brackets!
 
@LetEmRun @bugeyedmonster1

Unfortunately no. No way to retrofit the Evo series doors with the new air flow brackets. Trust us, we asked when we were at Smartcap's facility recently.

But... looking a bit less like a black pyrex container, here's the new Edge Adventure series cap:


1.webp

6.webp
9.webp
 
Better… I’m just not a fan of this new design.
 
@OffroadAlliance

Im a fan of the new design. Adventure Edge $4695? Are these newer caps still shipped in pieces and assembled at home/shop? I dont see all the seams anymore.
 
Last edited:
Ok folks I’m hoping for some honest opinions. I’m having trouble deciding between a paint matched topper like the ARE Z2 or an RSI Smartcap on my truck so I thought I’d ask the experts on not only what will look better but quality.


I remember you from your post where you had fitted Ridge Grapplers 37 X 11.5. (I went w/ Recons in 37 X 11.5 X 17 and had to change out my wheels).

Are the two photos in the above-quoted post of yours a before and after front suspension lift/overall suspension change?

Looking good! Thanks!
 
Im a fan of the new design. Adventure Edge $4695? Are these newer caps still shipped in pieces and assembled at home/shop? I dont see all the seams anymore.


I've been going back and forth on the idea of a bed cap like these. Since I haven't studied my options in depth, I don't have much detail from which to have much bias.

@OffroadAlliance posted this photo:

6-webp.265662


As a result I don't mind the look of this newest Smartcap Adventure model design. I like it, all things considered (cost, design limitations, materials).
 
I have the RSI and would definitely go that route again-love the security and agree that the roof vent does as its claimed. Still deciding if I want to get it painted so if anyone has experience or pics of a painted unit I'd love to see them.

What do we think of using the top rails for lifting the topper up off the bed when needed? I'd store on on a base of some type but being able to use a hiost to get it off would make things a lot easier.
 
@OffroadAlliance

Im a fan of the new design. Adventure Edge $4695? Are these newer caps still shipped in pieces and assembled at home/shop? I dont see all the seams anymore.

The new Edge series were specifically designed to minimize seams and increase the hatch openings. Yes, still ships in a box in multiple pieces. Shoot us a message if we can answer anything else or get you setup with one.

I have the RSI and would definitely go that route again-love the security and agree that the roof vent does as its claimed. Still deciding if I want to get it painted so if anyone has experience or pics of a painted unit I'd love to see them.

What do we think of using the top rails for lifting the topper up off the bed when needed? I'd store on on a base of some type but being able to use a hiost to get it off would make things a lot easier.

This is the Evo style cap, but yes it is still able to be paint matched (after receipt, pretty much any autobody shop can do this) if you desire. This was a massive build we did. We painted the cap and then applied a clear wrap with topo on top of the paint.

IMG_6976.webp
 
The new Edge series were specifically designed to minimize seams and increase the hatch openings. Yes, still ships in a box in multiple pieces. Shoot us a message if we can answer anything else or get you setup with one.



This is the Evo style cap, but yes it is still able to be paint matched (after receipt, pretty much any autobody shop can do this) if you desire. This was a massive build we did. We painted the cap and then applied a clear wrap with topo on top of the paint.

View attachment 265947
Man, I love the topo! I want that on mine... At least in pipe dreams 😜
 
The new Edge series were specifically designed to minimize seams and increase the hatch openings. Yes, still ships in a box in multiple pieces. Shoot us a message if we can answer anything else or get you setup with one.



This is the Evo style cap, but yes it is still able to be paint matched (after receipt, pretty much any autobody shop can do this) if you desire. This was a massive build we did. We painted the cap and then applied a clear wrap with topo on top of the paint.

View attachment 265947
that's what i was hoping to get a visual of-the main top painted but not the side doors since that's exactly how I'm thinking of doing mine. Gotta say I like it paint matched far better than just full black.

I really got to stop coming on this forum-running out of money waaay to fast
 
I remember you from your post where you had fitted Ridge Grapplers 37 X 11.5. (I went w/ Recons in 37 X 11.5 X 17 and had to change out my wheels).

Are the two photos in the above-quoted post of yours a before and after front suspension lift/overall suspension change?

Looking good! Thanks!
No suspension changes at all. However I have noticed I’m getting the slightest rub when turning sharp and going over bumps at the same time but I guess that’s to be expected.
 
I want to get the Smartcap but still not sure since I already have the Leitner rack. If I get the Smartcap I think I would paint it to match. Here are some pictures of what I’m thinking about vs my truck. What do y’all think?

IMG_9704.webp
IMG_2654.webp
IMG_2652.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom