Baja Designs Super Duty Lighting Solutions

Which look are you going for @bbrett ?
This? View attachment 9508

or
This?View attachment 9509

Nah I was going for this look.
vlW7SuQ.gif

My Lp4's with my SDHQ Brackets are actually for sale for $650 Shipped. Lights were test mounted but haven't wired them yet. Just too big for me. I was thinking about keeping the brackets and putting the S1 or S2's on there just not sure.
 
Nah I was going for this look.
View attachment 10266
My Lp4's with my SDHQ Brackets are actually for sale for $650 Shipped. Lights were test mounted but haven't wired them yet. Just too big for me. I was thinking about keeping the brackets and putting the S1 or S2's on there just not sure.
Brett Id love to see you and your big happy family on the Show us a pic thread if you are not shy. I love the rig and Id love to see the Legend who constructed that sweet beast ? ? ? ?
 
Nah I was going for this look.
View attachment 10266
My Lp4's with my SDHQ Brackets are actually for sale for $650 Shipped. Lights were test mounted but haven't wired them yet. Just too big for me. I was thinking about keeping the brackets and putting the S1 or S2's on there just not sure.
Not surprising to hear, but definitely a bummer that you were disappointed. AS much as we try to steer people away from the LP series on the A-pillar, everyone just loves to test the limits :)
 
Nah I was going for this look.
View attachment 10266
My Lp4's with my SDHQ Brackets are actually for sale for $650 Shipped. Lights were test mounted but haven't wired them yet. Just too big for me. I was thinking about keeping the brackets and putting the S1 or S2's on there just not sure.
Oh Snap. I loved the look of them on your truck.
I bought LP6 from NEO to go with that Rad look of your gorgeous set up.
Does it obstruct your view. Or just to big and bulky. My wife hated what I was going for but the truck looks sick with them and said it’s set up for me. Now I’m nervous that I spent so much. May have to re think this after it comes in. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
 
Not surprising to hear, but definitely a bummer that you were disappointed. AS much as we try to steer people away from the LP series on the A-pillar, everyone just loves to test the limits :)
Are people generally happy with the S1 on the A pillar? I was considering this as a future project.
 
Installed S2 pros and wired them to the aux.

install went a lot easier once I took the trim pocket off the truck. Popped back in once I mounted the S2 pros but the two upper bolts knock against the OEM Fog light housing. Quick fix with a dremmel- trimmed the bolts.

pleased with the placement, it is a somewhat tight spot for anyone thinking of adding to that pocket.

S2 sports should work as well and probably S1s or something similarly sized if exploring other brands

View attachment 10348

That looks great! I'm interested in doing this mod as well. Lot's of interest in this project so moving it to it's own thread:

 
Last edited:
Not surprising to hear, but definitely a bummer that you were disappointed. AS much as we try to steer people away from the LP series on the A-pillar, everyone just loves to test the limits :)

I think I decided on keeping my LP4's and I'm going to reuse them as fog/aux lights on my 66' street bug. But since the s2's I flushed in my fog pockets are already functioning as ditch lights since they point out I'd mount some S2's on my A pillar brackets to point straight. Love the quality of the @Baja Designs
 
Hey guys - Just wanted to share a brief announcement.

Temporary LED Change
Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Due to a global pandemic Baja Designs has experienced an increased scarcity of LEDs in our tightly controlled temperature range. This shortage affects our OnX6+, LP6, LP4, XL80, Squadron Pro, S2 Pro, and S1 series of lights. Rather than halting production at our San Marcos, CA facility, Baja Designs has opted to source LEDs in a lower color temperature range without sacrificing the performance and quality enthusiasts expect from Baja Designs. Beginning February 17th, 2021, Baja Designs will be shipping lights with a combination of LEDs ranging from 4000k-5000k.

Although we have long established that 5000k is the ideal color temperature, LEDs in the 4000-4500k color range are preferred to alternative LEDs more commonly available in the 5700K and up ranges. As such, we find that this solution is the most favorable option to continue manufacturing a premium product.

If you have any questions or concerns about this temporary LED change, you can ask here or DM me for more info.

4000k vs 5000k.webp
 
Hey guys - Just wanted to share a brief announcement.

Temporary LED Change
Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Due to a global pandemic Baja Designs has experienced an increased scarcity of LEDs in our tightly controlled temperature range. This shortage affects our OnX6+, LP6, LP4, XL80, Squadron Pro, S2 Pro, and S1 series of lights. Rather than halting production at our San Marcos, CA facility, Baja Designs has opted to source LEDs in a lower color temperature range without sacrificing the performance and quality enthusiasts expect from Baja Designs. Beginning February 17th, 2021, Baja Designs will be shipping lights with a combination of LEDs ranging from 4000k-5000k.

Although we have long established that 5000k is the ideal color temperature, LEDs in the 4000-4500k color range are preferred to alternative LEDs more commonly available in the 5700K and up ranges. As such, we find that this solution is the most favorable option to continue manufacturing a premium product.

If you have any questions or concerns about this temporary LED change, you can ask here or DM me for more info.

View attachment 17452

I received my BD lights a couple of weeks ago, so I got them just under the wire!

How long do you expect to be using the 4000K LEDs?
 
That sucks. I was just going to send a note to Neo for a pair of S2 Pro flush mount spots. :(
 
I received my BD lights a couple of weeks ago, so I got them just under the wire!

How long do you expect to be using the 4000K LEDs?
We are hoping to get our normal supplies back in 1-2 months and plan to be shipping 5000k LEDs in April.
 
That sucks. I was just going to send a note to Neo for a pair of S2 Pro flush mount spots. :(
If you can hold out another month or so, we'd be happy to get you some 5000K S2 Pros on order. Keep an eye on our social media and we will definitively announce when we are back to normal. Sorry for the inconvenience. We are trying to offer the best solution we can, rather that halting production of these. The color temperature is not a bad thing by any means, in some ways it is a more coveted range. 5000k tends to be our preferred range for most applications, but 4000k is preferred by some of us and our racers in dusty, desert environments.
 
I finally got around to installing my baja designs fog/driving lights. I am a novice and the install took around 4 hours. I spent most of my time trying to figure out how to get to one single bolt. I think almost anybody can install these on their own.
 

Attachments

  • 9C44AC52-3037-41A1-B3A8-F81FBF89080E.webp
    9C44AC52-3037-41A1-B3A8-F81FBF89080E.webp
    245.5 KB · Views: 295
Has anyone with the winch installed the Baja 7 XL linkable? I have it and I'm going to do the install this weekend but it seems like it might be a little trickier to get those center brackets bolted in.

EDIT: After looking more closely, it looks like it should be no problem. I thought the center brackets bolted through but that doesn't appear to be the case.
 
Last edited:
I finally found some time to mount my BD XL80s last night. I had these on my Raptor so I grabbed some SDHQ mounts and I am really happy with how they look on the Tremor. Although those SDHQ mounts are tight but very good quality!! I had the XL80 brackets powder coated black to match everything and I think it looks a lot cleaner all black to match the light housings. Once you have these, it is hard to live without them when exploring remote areas!!!





 
I finally found some time to mount my BD XL80s last night. I had these on my Raptor so I grabbed some SDHQ mounts and I am really happy with how they look on the Tremor. Although those SDHQ mounts are tight but very good quality!! I had the XL80 brackets powder coated black to match everything and I think it looks a lot cleaner all black to match the light housings. Once you have these, it is hard to live without them when exploring remote areas!!!





I was finally able to complete the install for my XL80s as well. At the pillars, on SDHQ Mounts, are the Driving/Combo configuration and on the Diamondback Low Profile Cab Guard, the Work/Scene configuration. I also powder coated the brackets and shock mounted each light.

I've been asked if I used a dimmer, but I don't recommend a dimmer with LEDs. Instead, I wired the green wire through a relay to provide a switched ground for Low Power Mode. All functionality is wired to the Upfitter Switches.

3-C6-D7578-A8-B2-467-B-8-F33-6-FF7-F7-EE2-CF2.jpg


35-AABFF5-6-D05-41-ED-A297-3234603-EBBB4.jpg


DD389-C3-F-A59-C-49-AA-8689-3-B61808-B67-B5.jpg


AD136-F2-A-BF88-49-CB-9863-AAFE328772-ED.jpg


2-C4-B6041-62-A8-41-B8-80-C0-B95532-B91-EDF.jpg


AEEB2-F18-C8-D4-4-FDB-BEF8-2-DEDD77-E89-E6.jpg


C38-D9-E37-4899-4-D02-A3-CF-05-C95-DF66975.jpg


A2971-E08-AFFF-430-A-9819-6117-A444-A492.jpg


4-D88-AFC1-5023-4-C6-F-A242-CAF5-EFC96-DDD.jpg


DFFCFFF2-A782-4-D1-A-9-AB1-322284979200.jpg


625314-B8-0-DC1-4-B39-921-B-620842-CF2-F30.jpg

91-D01-BBF-4635-4-AEB-8-C76-DBDCA52-CAA52.jpg


DEF11-F9-C-2420-4065-A678-5-DCA964-DAA5-C.jpg


4-DAEFA85-228-B-49-E4-8-EC4-A533-FAA1594-F.jpg


880-F9600-3-EC5-48-D8-B9-DA-F8-A7-A437-A818.jpg


I believe I'll also add the Reverse Light Kit and have already accommodated the wiring into the harness I made for the Work/Scene Lights. The Reverse Lights will light up close perimeter shadowing created by the mounting location of the Work/Scene lights.

MB
 
Last edited:
Finally got to the ditch lights! Used the SDHQ hood mounts and ended up cutting up the wiring harness to use up fitter switches. LP 4 Pros, not 6s...... absolutely need the black out on the inside light. They are bright!
View attachment 9254

What did you use to blackout the sides of the LP4s? I'm having some glare issues even with the lights pointed off to the sides.
 
I was finally able to complete the install for my XL80s as well. At the pillars, on SDHQ Mounts, are the Driving/Combo configuration and on the Diamondback Low Profile Cab Guard, the Work/Scene configuration. I also powder coated the brackets and shock mounted each light.

I've been asked if I used a dimmer, but I don't recommend a dimmer with LEDs. Instead, I wired the green wire through a relay to provide a switched ground for Low Power Mode. All functionality is wired to the Upfitter Switches.

3-C6-D7578-A8-B2-467-B-8-F33-6-FF7-F7-EE2-CF2.jpg


35-AABFF5-6-D05-41-ED-A297-3234603-EBBB4.jpg


DD389-C3-F-A59-C-49-AA-8689-3-B61808-B67-B5.jpg


AD136-F2-A-BF88-49-CB-9863-AAFE328772-ED.jpg


2-C4-B6041-62-A8-41-B8-80-C0-B95532-B91-EDF.jpg


AEEB2-F18-C8-D4-4-FDB-BEF8-2-DEDD77-E89-E6.jpg


C38-D9-E37-4899-4-D02-A3-CF-05-C95-DF66975.jpg


A2971-E08-AFFF-430-A-9819-6117-A444-A492.jpg


4-D88-AFC1-5023-4-C6-F-A242-CAF5-EFC96-DDD.jpg


DFFCFFF2-A782-4-D1-A-9-AB1-322284979200.jpg


625314-B8-0-DC1-4-B39-921-B-620842-CF2-F30.jpg

91-D01-BBF-4635-4-AEB-8-C76-DBDCA52-CAA52.jpg


DEF11-F9-C-2420-4065-A678-5-DCA964-DAA5-C.jpg


4-DAEFA85-228-B-49-E4-8-EC4-A533-FAA1594-F.jpg


880-F9600-3-EC5-48-D8-B9-DA-F8-A7-A437-A818.jpg


I believe I'll also add the Reverse Light Kit and have already accommodated the wiring into the harness I made for the Work/Scene Lights. The Reverse Lights will light up close perimeter shadowing created by the mounting location of the Work/Scene lights.

MB
Do those ditch lights add more blind spots?
 
Back
Top Bottom