Baja Designs Super Duty Lighting Solutions

@Baja Designs Your team should come up with a bracket to match the one's @Supercup made, It would be a hot seller....
KD Fabworks was working on some for @BLACKCHERRY - he noted that in his build thread (page 10) - not sure if they got them set up. We found that if you have winch or don't the bolt up point will be different - so factor that in as well. Also note @BLACKCHERRY has a 40" Onxy 6 - mine is a 40" "arc" Onxy 6 - I think the arc version tucks into the grill a little better. Either way you will have a ton of light!
 
Why do those Baja designs fog light brackets have no bolt heads showing in the front? The brackets I got has a visible dimple on the front side. I love the brackets but the finish is seriously lacking, I’m going to have to sand, fill, re sand and then repaint them to make them look like that.
Hey Exploreinil,
We just got the new design in for the brackets..You may have the old model of brackets, we did have some issues with the last batch.
Shoot me a message here or to my email [email protected] and I can look into getting you the most up to date models.
Best,
Brock
 
@Baja Designs Your team should come up with a bracket to match the one's @Supercup made, It would be a hot seller....
I looked for supercubs thread and on page 10 that supercub recommended. I do not see the brackets, I would love to share the information with our engineering department. Can you tag me or point me in the right direction so I can take a look at them?
Best,
Brock
 
I looked for supercubs thread and on page 10 that supercub recommended. I do not see the brackets, I would love to share the information with our engineering department. Can you tag me or point me in the right direction so I can take a look at them?
Best,
Brock
Replacement for the linkable BD light is on! 40” ONX 6 Plus on KD Fabworks first run of brackets for this light.

C8095089-D2C4-4089-888B-2A11017C3676.jpeg

769076AD-216F-4CF5-BBA3-B39DE5BF857B.jpeg

ABA6AD68-4EA4-4F36-8CF1-5D73AFDFA17D.jpeg

2F9C03CC-294A-4572-94C4-B0BD8818786F.jpeg

A2EBECA3-AD0D-4930-93FE-4C6A347B6309.jpeg
 
Hey Exploreinil,
We just got the new design in for the brackets..You may have the old model of brackets, we did have some issues with the last batch.
Shoot me a message here or to my email [email protected] and I can look into getting you the most up to date models.
Best,
Brock

What do I need to look at to confirm I’ve got the new design?

Still have them in the box and waiting on other manufacturers parts to install
 
I looked for supercubs thread and on page 10 that supercub recommended. I do not see the brackets, I would love to share the information with our engineering department. Can you tag me or point me in the right direction so I can take a look at them?
Best,
Brock
brackets before powdercoating:

BDS 40 Inch Arc Dual Control Light Bar - Brackets.jpg
BDS 40 Inch Arc Dual Control Light Bar - Brackets 1.jpg



Brackets After install and powdercoating:
BDS 40 Inch Arc Dual Control Light Bar - Brackets After Powdercoat - 3.jpg


BDS 40 Inch Arc Dual Control Light Bar - Brackets After Powdercoat.jpg
 

Attachments

  • BDS 40 Inch Arc Dual Control Light Bar - Brackets.webp
    BDS 40 Inch Arc Dual Control Light Bar - Brackets.webp
    176 KB · Views: 63
Hey Exploreinil,
We just got the new design in for the brackets..You may have the old model of brackets, we did have some issues with the last batch.
Shoot me a message here or to my email [email protected] and I can look into getting you the most up to date models.
Best,
Brock
Wow awesome service, I’ll take a pic tonight and send you it. The divits showed before they installed and I thought it was weird after seeing other pics on here. Thanks again!
 
Replacement for the linkable BD light is on! 40” ONX 6 Plus on KD Fabworks first run of brackets for this light.

C8095089-D2C4-4089-888B-2A11017C3676.jpeg

769076AD-216F-4CF5-BBA3-B39DE5BF857B.jpeg

ABA6AD68-4EA4-4F36-8CF1-5D73AFDFA17D.jpeg

2F9C03CC-294A-4572-94C4-B0BD8818786F.jpeg

A2EBECA3-AD0D-4930-93FE-4C6A347B6309.jpeg
New enough I don't see it on their website. It looks great. No grill cutting and probably completely removable if desired, or did you have to drill holes that would be visible after removal?
 
Hey Exploreinil,
We just got the new design in for the brackets..You may have the old model of brackets, we did have some issues with the last batch.
Shoot me a message here or to my email [email protected] and I can look into getting you the most up to date models.
Best,
Brock
Sorry Brock I couldn’t figure out how to attach a pic to a pm. But here are a couple pics sorry they are bad, truck was in the garage and I didn’t want to move everything around.
A2D45EB9-C36A-430B-B872-ADF33661360E.webp
6F8BE67B-E57B-48FB-A51F-C04BE608FB19.webp
 
I was finally able to complete the install for my XL80s as well. At the pillars, on SDHQ Mounts, are the Driving/Combo configuration and on the Diamondback Low Profile Cab Guard, the Work/Scene configuration. I also powder coated the brackets and shock mounted each light.

I've been asked if I used a dimmer, but I don't recommend a dimmer with LEDs. Instead, I wired the green wire through a relay to provide a switched ground for Low Power Mode. All functionality is wired to the Upfitter Switches.

3-C6-D7578-A8-B2-467-B-8-F33-6-FF7-F7-EE2-CF2.jpg


35-AABFF5-6-D05-41-ED-A297-3234603-EBBB4.jpg


DD389-C3-F-A59-C-49-AA-8689-3-B61808-B67-B5.jpg


AD136-F2-A-BF88-49-CB-9863-AAFE328772-ED.jpg


2-C4-B6041-62-A8-41-B8-80-C0-B95532-B91-EDF.jpg


AEEB2-F18-C8-D4-4-FDB-BEF8-2-DEDD77-E89-E6.jpg


C38-D9-E37-4899-4-D02-A3-CF-05-C95-DF66975.jpg


A2971-E08-AFFF-430-A-9819-6117-A444-A492.jpg


4-D88-AFC1-5023-4-C6-F-A242-CAF5-EFC96-DDD.jpg


DFFCFFF2-A782-4-D1-A-9-AB1-322284979200.jpg


625314-B8-0-DC1-4-B39-921-B-620842-CF2-F30.jpg

91-D01-BBF-4635-4-AEB-8-C76-DBDCA52-CAA52.jpg


DEF11-F9-C-2420-4065-A678-5-DCA964-DAA5-C.jpg


4-DAEFA85-228-B-49-E4-8-EC4-A533-FAA1594-F.jpg


880-F9600-3-EC5-48-D8-B9-DA-F8-A7-A437-A818.jpg


I believe I'll also add the Reverse Light Kit and have already accommodated the wiring into the harness I made for the Work/Scene Lights. The Reverse Lights will light up close perimeter shadowing created by the mounting location of the Work/Scene lights.

MB
I love the setup and want to add XL80s to my A-pillars. What relay did you use and could you provide more detail about the low and high power being connected to upfitter switches? Did that take up 2 upfitter switches? Also are the low mode needed? I think I would only ever use the high/full brightness mode.
 
I like the Pillar mounts. They look good. I've been thinking about adding some to my Tremor. I'm not sure if I need them though as I installed the 7XL Linkables and the Fog Pockets. They put out an incredible amount of light. When I turn them off it's like I'm driving with my parking lights on. The Morimoto headlights are no slump either.
 

Attachments

  • Baja_7XL.webp
    Baja_7XL.webp
    288.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Baja_7XL_on.webp
    Baja_7XL_on.webp
    366.3 KB · Views: 124
I like the Pillar mounts. They look good. I've been thinking about adding some to my Tremor. I'm not sure if I need them though as I installed the 7XL Linkables and the Fog Pockets. They put out an incredible amount of light. When I turn them off it's like I'm driving with my parking lights on. The Morimoto headlights are no slump either.
I'd make sure you don't mind hood glare first. I can't stand it so for me I'd only mount a light that is actually used for ditch lighting (pointed off at an angle). Or a pretty tight beam pattern that won't spill light on the hood. I tried a squadron racer as the description said it had a 4° beam. I thought that would keep it from spilling all over the hood, but no way. I even aimed it up a ways and it still spilled on the hood. I returned those and I'm going probably just put some S1s there aimed to the side.

Glare is just not my thing.
 
I like the Pillar mounts. They look good. I've been thinking about adding some to my Tremor. I'm not sure if I need them though as I installed the 7XL Linkables and the Fog Pockets. They put out an incredible amount of light. When I turn them off it's like I'm driving with my parking lights on. The Morimoto headlights are no slump either.
Looking nice (y)
Best,
Brahian
 
I'd make sure you don't mind hood glare first. I can't stand it so for me I'd only mount a light that is actually used for ditch lighting (pointed off at an angle). Or a pretty tight beam pattern that won't spill light on the hood. I tried a squadron racer as the description said it had a 4° beam. I thought that would keep it from spilling all over the hood, but no way. I even aimed it up a ways and it still spilled on the hood. I returned those and I'm going probably just put some S1s there aimed to the side.

Glare is just not my thing.
Thanks for the info. I never thought about the glare off of the hood that you would get. I dont think I would like the glare either. Defiantly take that into consideration.
 
I see some of you are running the XL80 with spot lens, but I haven't been able to find any images of what the beam pattern looks like. If I could get some examples that would be nice, thanks
 
Back
Top Bottom