Baja Designs Super Duty Lighting Solutions

Flushed mine in the front bumper vs the back. @Baja Designs has great quality lights! My new goto!

View attachment 6310
View attachment 6311
View attachment 6312

I agree, but some folks are hesitant to cut holes in their bumper. But hey, that's why we offer them both ways!



The KD Fabworks mounts are black, they just left them raw for the photos so you can see how the mounts and bezels work. We are an authorized dealer for KD Fabworks and I do have these mounts and lights in stock. Feel free to let me know if you're interested.

Raw stainless for photos only:
IMG_5513.jpg








We can convert the lights to flush mount, no problem. That's the awesome parts about Baja Designs lights, the U-Service feature. We just need to get the flush mount front bezels with hardware and we're good to go.
This is what I am looking for as a ditch/Deer light. Right now on my Tundra with a Magnum bumper the fog lights are angled at the ditch and not straight ahead. I thought it would be an issue till the first time I drove the back roads near my ranch and figured out they are crap as fog light but amazing for keeping deer in the ditch and not wondering into the street.

That said, if I flat mount, without the KD adjustable mount, I assume the light is aimed pretty well at the ditch?

Also, it looks like the stock LED plastic is totally separate of the actual LED light fixture, does that mean that part is available somewhat cheaply, should I decide to go back to stock?
 
This is what I am looking for as a ditch/Deer light. Right now on my Tundra with a Magnum bumper the fog lights are angled at the ditch and not straight ahead. I thought it would be an issue till the first time I drove the back roads near my ranch and figured out they are crap as fog light but amazing for keeping deer in the ditch and not wondering into the street.

That said, if I flat mount, without the KD adjustable mount, I assume the light is aimed pretty well at the ditch?

Also, it looks like the stock LED plastic is totally separate of the actual LED light fixture, does that mean that part is available somewhat cheaply, should I decide to go back to stock?

You're correct. We've done Baja Designs S2 lights and Diode Dynamics SSC2 lights in that location and they are nicely angled out. You could also go with a Rigid SR-M Flush mount (only in Diffused pattern though).

Here's a nice write-up from @modified on how to cut and install that piece, and yes it is available separate from the actual LED fog light.

 
I know BD makes a full fog replacement but it would be real nice if someone made a system that replaced the hole below the OEM fogs. Fills it up rather than cut and bolt and keep the OEM fogs. Like the S2 flush looks but wish you could aim without a separate mount.
 
I know BD makes a full fog replacement but it would be real nice if someone made a system that replaced the hole below the OEM fogs. Fills it up rather than cut and bolt and keep the OEM fogs. Like the S2 flush looks but wish you could aim without a separate mount.
Kind of a hard ask because the trim piece goes around the LED fogs. So you'd be cutting no matter what
 
Kind of a hard ask because the trim piece goes around the LED fogs. So you'd be cutting no matter what
Yep. I agree. Maybe something that fills the hole a bit more. No matter what I’m gonna have to cut. Just something that fills the hole a little more.
 
DwnSth - I want to get a 20" or 30" S8 Baja Designs light bar like you have. Any regrets or would you do anything different? Also, what "beam" did you go with? Driving combo or spot? Appreciate your feedback.
 
Hey guys!

We're new to forum and just developed a few kits for the Super Duty.
  • Ford Super Duty (20-On), 7 XL Linkable Kit
  • Ford Super Duty (20-On), Fog Pocket Kits
  • Ford Super Duty (17-On), Reverse Kit
Here to support and answer any questions you may have. :)

View attachment 4150

View attachment 4152
View attachment 4153

View attachment 4155
Hello. Would you please verify that my build is correct? I'd like what you have in the pics. so far I have 2ea 56003, 2ea 56005, 3ea 56001, 7ea 668003 and 1ea 447733UP. I'd like to connect the lights to my upfitter switch so I'm not sure if I need a harness? I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge as I am a complete newb. :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: ccw
Hello. Would you please verify that my build is correct? I'd like what you have in the pics. so far I have 2ea 56003, 2ea 56005, 3ea 56001, 7ea 668003 and 1ea 447733UP. I'd like to connect the lights to my upfitter switch so I'm not sure if I need a harness? I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge as I am a complete newb. :(
Why don't you just get the kits specified for the SD, comes with all the brackets, bolts, and harnesses.
 
Hello. Would you please verify that my build is correct? I'd like what you have in the pics. so far I have 2ea 56003, 2ea 56005, 3ea 56001, 7ea 668003 and 1ea 447733UP. I'd like to connect the lights to my upfitter switch so I'm not sure if I need a harness? I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge as I am a complete newb. :(

It looks like the first 3 part numbers you listed are missing some digits. Feel free to send me a message at your convenience, and we can definitely get your lighting set up totally dialed in.

Thanks!

Nick
 
THis is how the ones I've currently sit, tucked up nice and protected, not sure I'm going to be a fan of not mounting them up hight/tight and protected on the Tremor

The wiring harness tied them into the reverse lights and I hooked em up to the far right upfitter switch, easiest to hit when manually running them

oXcrgts.jpg
Are you saying that your Baja Designs S2 reverse lights turn on with your OEM reverse lights as well as manually with an upfitter switch?
 
You would hit your hitch and hitch bar etc before ever hitting the lights. Maybe the photo is deceiving?
anyway you can help a new guy out. i would love your setup for fogs. is there a video you followed to install, and did you just grab the S2's?

i was looking at it seems you have to grab the harness (extra) and another 2 pin thingy (extra) to get both sides to the upfitter box?

these 3 items:

lights
harness
splitter

thanks for any info!
 
I just purchased this kit for my Tremor (which is on order since Nov 02)

Baja Designs S1 Wide Cornering LED Flush Mount Backup Light Kit - 387808​

@Baja Designs do I require any other harness outside this kit to hookup to an upfitter switch?
 
I just purchased this kit for my Tremor (which is on order since Nov 02)

Baja Designs S1 Wide Cornering LED Flush Mount Backup Light Kit - 387808​

@Baja Designs do I require any other harness outside this kit to hookup to an upfitter switch?
Hello - that kit does not come with upfitter connection. You will need to add the upfitter harness to your order if you want to run those switches. The kit you ordered comes with a traditional wiring harness that include a separate switch that you run through the firewall. Although it is a universal kit, I suspect it may not be long enough for the Tremor. The Tremor kit includes two 10' extensions.

You can simply add the upfitter harness (640093) and 10' extension (640165) to your order and should be good to go.

I am not clear on whether you received everything or not, but if you ordered direct through BD, we can adjust your order for you and save you a couple bucks if you don't have a future use for the standard harness in the 387808 kit.

You'd be looking at $326.7 before tax and shipping.
QTY 2 - S1 Flush Mount - 381005 - $119.95
QTY 2 -10' Extension - 640165 - $13.95
QTY 1 - Upfitter Harness - 640093 - $13.95
QTY 1 - 55" Splitter - 613606 - $44.95

If you want to go this route, you can call our shop at 800-422-5292 and they will re-work your order. If you prefer, you can DM me your email address and I will connect you with a salesperson via email.

-CF
 
Hello - that kit does not come with upfitter connection. You will need to add the upfitter harness to your order if you want to run those switches. The kit you ordered comes with a traditional wiring harness that include a separate switch that you run through the firewall. Although it is a universal kit, I suspect it may not be long enough for the Tremor. The Tremor kit includes two 10' extensions.

You can simply add the upfitter harness (640093) and 10' extension (640165) to your order and should be good to go.

I am not clear on whether you received everything or not, but if you ordered direct through BD, we can adjust your order for you and save you a couple bucks if you don't have a future use for the standard harness in the 387808 kit.

You'd be looking at $326.7 before tax and shipping.
QTY 2 - S1 Flush Mount - 381005 - $119.95
QTY 2 -10' Extension - 640165 - $13.95
QTY 1 - Upfitter Harness - 640093 - $13.95
QTY 1 - 55" Splitter - 613606 - $44.95

If you want to go this route, you can call our shop at 800-422-5292 and they will re-work your order. If you prefer, you can DM me your email address and I will connect you with a salesperson via email.

-CF
hello sir!

can you line up the right products i need for the front fogs, double yellow. 2021 350 XLT tremor. upfitter please.

how does this cart look?
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 12.44.07 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 12.44.07 PM.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 74
hello sir!

can you line up the right products i need for the front fogs, double yellow. 2021 350 XLT tremor. upfitter please.

how does this cart look?
Are you using the factory bumper? The S2 Flushmounts are designed to recess into a surface. You are aware you will need to cut holes in the bumper to use these?

Aside from that, you will need longer length wiring. I suggest the upfitter harness that you have, plus a 55" splitter minimum. You may need another extension as well but I am unsure of how far the factory upfitter connection is from where you intend to mount the lights.

I definitely suggest you contact our sales line for assistance with custom/specific orders like this as they will be much better equipped to give you the proper guidance for your needs.

800-422-5292
 
Install was a little tricky......I.E. my hands a just to damn BIG wife helped ALOT.....these things are awesome.!!! also put readylift leveling kit on makes huge diff....! in ride and appearance.
Those really look great. I love the color of your truck. I Tried to order a 2021 F350 Tremor Package in Velocity Blue, but Ford was no longer accepting orders on 2021 Super Dutys in may of 2021. I had to order a 2022 which does not come in Velocity Blue. I ended up ordering it in Atlas Blue. Just got it the week of thanksgiving. It's awesome. So far I've installed a Dual Liner and a Paragon tonneau cover. Looking to add lights next.
 
Hey guys!

We're new to forum and just developed a few kits for the Super Duty.
  • Ford Super Duty (20-On), 7 XL Linkable Kit
  • Ford Super Duty (20-On), Fog Pocket Kits
  • Ford Super Duty (17-On), Reverse Kit
Here to support and answer any questions you may have. :)

View attachment 4150
View attachment 4151
View attachment 4152
View attachment 4153
View attachment 4154
View attachment 4155

Love your products. I've got a complete setup with my Rubi JL and will be doing this with my Tremor. The quality of these lights are far better than anything else I've come across. Here's a picture of my JL ona nught trail
 

Attachments

  • night lights.webp
    night lights.webp
    142.9 KB · Views: 83
Who cares if you can't see out the front camera with a tank for a front bumper. If the lights don't metal everything in front of you first.

But for some reason I still think this awesome even though it seems over the top.
 
Back
Top Bottom