Baja Designs Super Duty Lighting Solutions

upfront in the pockets. Ive sent Nick a few messages in the past few weeks, but must be busy.
Hopefully someone more competent than me will jump in a some point but until then…

There are three options (that I’m aware of).

1: BD offers a full fog replacement. This has everything you’d need (wiring and such). Some people have had them paint matched.



2: Flush mount lights. Several members have purchased these. Hopefully one of them can give you specifics but you’ll need to purchase a wiring harness to go with it. I linked a harness but I don’t know if it’s the right one…




3: I’m trying a different set up using a fabricated bracket (see above photos) and the standard (non flush mount) lights. These two pieces should be everything you need but I won’t know for sure until my lights arrive.




Regardless of what you choose, you’ll probably need some spare wire (12 gage maybe), a heat gun, some zip ties, a few crimp connectors, and a little bit of heat shrink. The links below are what I have. Good luck!





 
No it looks like just a metal strap to hang them from behind the bumper. I bought a set to try out - it probably won’t be the best looking kit but compared to cutting my painted bumper it seems low risk. I’m sure it’s amazingly bright.

I haven’t looked at the up fitter wiring - are switches 5/6 the ones that are constant hot 40A?
You would hit your hitch and hitch bar etc before ever hitting the lights. Maybe the photo is deceiving?
 
I have a Baja Designs XL80 on my KTM 500EXC. Amazing product, high quality, and like a freight train headlight on my dirt bike. Baja Designs has had a solid reputation in off road circles for years and years!
Me too on my TE300i. Their lights are legit.
 
You would hit your hitch and hitch bar etc before ever hitting the lights. Maybe the photo is deceiving?
I’m sure it’ll be fine- I’d love a more integrated look but with a pre wired up fitter harness included I’m sure it’s going to be solid for what I need it for. I’ll tuck them up as tight as I can and if I don’t like the look/fit I can go from there. It sounds like people really like the light, and I’ma little nervous about chopping my painted bumper for flush Mount since it has a whopping 200 miles lol
 
I’m sure it’ll be fine- I’d love a more integrated look but with a pre wired up fitter harness included I’m sure it’s going to be solid for what I need it for. I’ll tuck them up as tight as I can and if I don’t like the look/fit I can go from there. It sounds like people really like the light, and I’ma little nervous about chopping my painted bumper for flush Mount since it has a whopping 200 miles lol

They put out plenty of light and while I also wish it was a little cleaner it’s about as clean as it gets without chopping into the bumper and my truck is at about 1,200 miles now and I don’t plan on cutting my painted bumper either 😂
 
Hi, Im about to order a pair of S2 pro with the combo pattern. Is there any sort of wiring kit needed to connect to the upfitter connections under the hood? Im going to utilize a pair of upfitter switches, one switch(9 degree light), 2nd switch(42 degree light).
Lastly the website states that a mounting bracket is included, does that include fasteners(screws/nuts) as well? I just want to make sure that I have everything needed to perform the installation.

I can send you a PM and we can go over everything needed to make sure you have the right setup. I'll PM you now.

How do these Mount to the rear bumper? Do you have to drill into it? Any pics are appreciated - I’m between this and having lights flush mounted into the bumper

Just a simple bolt-on bracket. No drilling required.

upfront in the pockets. Ive sent Nick a few messages in the past few weeks, but must be busy.

I just checked my PMs and didn't see anything from you. But I'll send you a PM now. Sorry about that!
No it looks like just a metal strap to hang them from behind the bumper. I bought a set to try out - it probably won’t be the best looking kit but compared to cutting my painted bumper it seems low risk. I’m sure it’s amazingly bright.

I haven’t looked at the up fitter wiring - are switches 5/6 the ones that are constant hot 40A?
AUX 5 and AUX 6 can be constant hot if desired. There's instructions in the manual of how to move one of the relays to make this change. From the factory, 5/6 are only hot when the ignition is on. I'd recommend using another lower power switch for the smaller S2s. I have a 40" OnX6 Arc on Aux 6 for this reason. No external relay needed.
THis is how the ones I've currently sit, tucked up nice and protected, not sure I'm going to be a fan of not mounting them up hight/tight and protected on the Tremor

The wiring harness tied them into the reverse lights and I hooked em up to the far right upfitter switch, easiest to hit when manually running them

oXcrgts.jpg
You could always get flush mount bezels and mount them in your bumper that way. Just a thought.
 
I can send you a PM and we can go over everything needed to make sure you have the right setup. I'll PM you now.



Just a simple bolt-on bracket. No drilling required.



I just checked my PMs and didn't see anything from you. But I'll send you a PM now. Sorry about that!

AUX 5 and AUX 6 can be constant hot if desired. There's instructions in the manual of how to move one of the relays to make this change. From the factory, 5/6 are only hot when the ignition is on. I'd recommend using another lower power switch for the smaller S2s. I have a 40" OnX6 Arc on Aux 6 for this reason. No external relay needed.

You could always get flush mount bezels and mount them in your bumper that way. Just a thought.
S2 flush mounted are honestly way more appealing.
 

Attachments

  • 60482429-884D-4C61-BBAC-B0271461CA46.webp
    60482429-884D-4C61-BBAC-B0271461CA46.webp
    115.6 KB · Views: 170
How about aiming them??
This is my issue with putting S2 flush mount in the fog light pockets. Aiming them forward vice outward. Someone posted a bracket but I’m thinking in order to make it look integrated it would have to be some sort of black powder coated housing. Or hard black plastic.
 
I’m happy with mine. Very glad I went with the flush mount
I like that a lot better. I ordered the bumper kit (not flush) but maybe I get the parts to flush mount them instead. I mean they’re fogs for backing - I don’t know how perfect the aim has to be for just being able to see around /under the trailer while backing etc. But maybe the angle is super important? Right now there no additional light so my thinking is even if it’s not perfectly aligned because of the bumper angle, it’s still a ton more light. Thoughts?
 
This is my issue with putting S2 flush mount in the fog light pockets. Aiming them forward vice outward. Someone posted a bracket but I’m thinking in order to make it look integrated it would have to be some sort of black powder coated housing. Or hard black plastic.
Does aiming rear fogs for backing up beat flush Mount quality look? I really don’t know the answer.
 
I like that a lot better. I ordered the bumper kit (not flush) but maybe I get the parts to flush mount them instead. I mean they’re fogs for backing - I don’t know how perfect the aim has to be for just being able to see around /under the trailer while backing etc. But maybe the angle is super important? Right now there no additional light so my thinking is even if it’s not perfectly aligned because of the bumper angle, it’s still a ton more light. Thoughts?
Exactly my rational. I am adding adjustable lights on my rack for multipurpose use. These flush mounts were just for additional reverse lighting, etc.
 
S2 flush mounted are honestly way more appealing.

I agree, but some folks are hesitant to cut holes in their bumper. But hey, that's why we offer them both ways!

This is my issue with putting S2 flush mount in the fog light pockets. Aiming them forward vice outward. Someone posted a bracket but I’m thinking in order to make it look integrated it would have to be some sort of black powder coated housing. Or hard black plastic.

The KD Fabworks mounts are black, they just left them raw for the photos so you can see how the mounts and bezels work. We are an authorized dealer for KD Fabworks and I do have these mounts and lights in stock. Feel free to let me know if you're interested.

Raw stainless for photos only:
IMG_5513.jpg


I like that a lot better. I ordered the bumper kit (not flush) but maybe I get the parts to flush mount them instead. I mean they’re fogs for backing - I don’t know how perfect the aim has to be for just being able to see around /under the trailer while backing etc. But maybe the angle is super important? Right now there no additional light so my thinking is even if it’s not perfectly aligned because of the bumper angle, it’s still a ton more light. Thoughts?

Does aiming rear fogs for backing up beat flush Mount quality look? I really don’t know the answer.

Where did you get the flush mount hardware for this?

We can convert the lights to flush mount, no problem. That's the awesome parts about Baja Designs lights, the U-Service feature. We just need to get the flush mount front bezels with hardware and we're good to go.
 
I’m happy with mine. Very glad I went with the flush mount
Nice, anyone who has flush mounted these to their rear bumpers or something similar - what is the best way to cut into the bumper to get it all right the first time? I ordered the flush bezels to mount them in the bumper after seeing TellurideTremor's install.
 
Back
Top Bottom