What’s in your gun safe?

picked up a few things today , some Clays & 20g ammo, in preparation of Dove Season starting Sept 1,

plus 9mm & 45ACP plinkers that accept glock mags

1780691810588.webp
 
picked up a few things today , some Clays & 20g ammo, in preparation of Dove Season starting Sept 1,

plus 9mm & 45ACP plinkers that accept glock mags

View attachment 258803
Different, I know but my ruger 9 Carbine (though heavy) is one of my most fun toys! Suppressed stuff is fun as are cool handguns and rifles but it will be hard to leave my ruger behind in the apocalypse if I bug out.
 
Different, I know but my ruger 9 Carbine (though heavy) is one of my most fun toys! Suppressed stuff is fun as are cool handguns and rifles but it will be hard to leave my ruger behind in the apocalypse if I bug out.

The Ruger 45 LC is dead silent with the Hybrid 46 Can on it.

This was kind of my go to for a typical weekend at the Ranch. 12 & 20's. 9mm, 556, 45ACP, sometimes a 44MAG lever action.
Too bad I lost all these when our Mangusta 80 sank.

1780696908193.webp


Tremor served as a staging bench..

1780697595935.webp
 
Last edited:
Range day with FN M4 with ACOG
1780723115291.webp

Dialing in 50yards
1780723149519.webp

100 yards 1/2MOA
1780723282526.webp
1780723322968.webp
 
Weather was too good yesterday just had to go make holes in paper
6.5 Creedmore Nemo Arms Carbon XO Night Force ATACR 7-35x56mm Accu-Tac bipod KGM suppressor
1780940662292.webp

100yards flyer was cold bore
1780940713887.webp

next weekend steel @500 meters 🥳
 
Results from yesterday - warm up @ 100yds- hit steel @500yds first round hit then 4 out of 5 then frostie time 🍻

1781961603393.webp
 
1786451627420.webp


just double checking the scope is still on before Deer season gets here.

YUP, We're good at 175YDS

1786479821775.webp
 
Last edited:
Was traded this for a boat. 6.5 LWRC R.E.P.R. shoots pretty nice. No I didn't put the stickers on 🤣
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260811_214548_Messages.webp
    Screenshot_20260811_214548_Messages.webp
    558.7 KB · Views: 124
Was traded this for a boat. 6.5 LWRC R.E.P.R. shoots pretty nice. No I didn't put the stickers on 🤣
Lol, I just did the same thing for an ar15 with a holo sight and a 22lr "AR". Just a pontoon that needed a bunch of work and no motor. It was rotting on my property anyway😉
 
Was traded this for a boat.

screenshot_20260811_214548_messages-webp.265717



That's a good all around scope on that thing. I wonder if the guy you got it from used it for astronomy when it got too dark to shoot...
 
screenshot_20260811_214548_messages-webp.265717



That's a good all around scope on that thing. I wonder if the guy you got it from used it for astronomy when it got too dark to shoot...
He said he liked shooting long distance. Think he said 1500yds. It's stacks them pretty nice at 100. Sub MOA for sure
 
All kidding aside, I tell everyone who will listen, that if you already own a serviceable suite of firearms, to stop buying more guns and start buying quality night vision. Thermal, intensification, fusion…. Get it all.

Over 30 years, the two most seminal moments in my shooting life were finding myself on the firing line in a Pat Rogers class next to Jeff Gonzalez who was there as a participant, and learning to employ night vision under a former Delta/CAG member.

Both were “holy shit” moments. Nothing trumps night vision. Nothing.
 
@Avslash which do you prefer dedicated thermal scope or clip on?
Not that you’re asking me but a clip on is always a good choice incase of failure or expedient changes. I was issued (and kept bahah) a trijicon skeetIR. It can flip to side or come all the way off. That’s a lot of weight if you don’t need it up there and it’s expensive if you’re going to be in an environment where your platform can get banged around. Keep it in a nice pouch and throw it on when necessary

My take on it

1st civ div, couch platoon
 
Unless you are going to be completely stationary, I MUCH prefer a helmet mounted device.

I experimented with a bunch of different setups early on and I believe it has the fewest drawbacks. The ahaa moment came when the aforementioned former Delta/CAG member illustrated how you could run helmet mounted and still use a standard Eotech, RMR, Aimpoint, and even some magnified optics like an ACOG with the device on i your noggin. Your position might feel a little wonky at first, but once you realize you can score hits out to a couple hundred yards it starts to make sense, because it always on your head, it is always on, you’re not trying to sight down a rifle to employ your device, you can run the same rifle day and night without fumbling around with anything, and you can transition to your pistol without drama. A laser/illuminator in this configuration also opens up a lot of options.

If I’m sitting in a blind scouting for hogs, by all means, I would take the rifle mounted thermal, but in any situation where I’m moving it is intensifier on the noggin for me.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom