What’s in your gun safe?

Some dealers are hesitant to transfer suppressors on a 4473 in the absence of any clear direction from the ATF and I get it. If you had ever been threatened by them and don’t have millions for a legal fight, you’d understand.

That’s assuming they actually send you a letter or talk to you and don’t just kick your door down and kill you at 6am in front of your family.

In Oregon we have another problem. Possession of a suppressor is a class B felony here, with statutory relief being federal registration. Meaning they’re illegal but you can’t be arrested or charged as long as it’s registered federally. If you were no longer able to register federally, it could be argued that suppressors would then simply be illegal by default and could effectively prevent further transfers in Oregon until our state laws changed. I’m sure there are other states with similar issues.

The whole situation is a mess.
My local shop will not sell direct for that very reason. He’s waiting for the fog to clear. I think that’s smart - let the big guys take the risk that have the pockets for it.

I am a big fan of following the rules.
 
I
My local shop will not sell direct for that very reason. He’s waiting for the fog to clear. I think that’s smart - let the big guys take the risk that have the pockets for it.

I am a big fan of following the rules.
I love following rules too…my wife continuously calls me a rule follower…. With that said, the rules we are speaking of or related should have not been set forth in the way that they were and change is needed.
 
I

I love following rules too…my wife continuously calls me a rule follower…. With that said, the rules we are speaking of or related should have not been set forth in the way that they were and change is needed.
Exactly.
 
Ok - this helps. The brace on my pistol is ok, but I really want to add a better stock and convert it. I will get started on the paperwork. I understand it's super quick.
MODs feel free to move this post if It does not belong here.


WHAT'S GOING ON WITH SHORT BARREL RIFLES?
The $200 Tax on Short Barrel Rifles (SBRs), Short Barrel Shotguns (SBSs), and Any Other Weapons (AOWs) was removed in the Big Beautiful Bill (BBB). However, still have to register these items on an ATF Form 1 or Form 4.

Recent federal court rulings (such as Jensen v. ATF and Silencer Shop v. ATF in the Northern District of Texas) have struck down National Firearms Act (NFA) registration requirements as unconstitutional following the elimination of the NFA tax stamp. The DOJ is appealing this ruling. Be careful. Some are already selling these items without the registration. This is a complex subject and it's not completely safe yet to buy NFA items without registration.

You should contact the White house state that the DOJ should not push for an appeal of the ruling.
It's easy go or call this number (202) 456-1111. Tell them something like this:

"As a law-abiding gun owner and citizen, I respectfully ask the administration to direct the Department of Justice to accept the federal court rulings holding NFA registration requirements unconstitutional. Respecting these decisions protects constitutional rights, eliminates unnecessary regulatory burdens on lawful owners, and allows law enforcement resources to focus on actual violent crime."
 
Beretta is selling 500th year anniversary ammo,

Picked up a few in 12 & 20, as I doubt I'll still be shooting when the 600th anniversary ammo rolls around ..

1526-2026

PXL_20260822_222103640.webp
 
Last edited:
IMG_9234.webp
IMG_9233.webp
IMG_9232.webp

It just barely fits with the suppressor mounted. Cross body mag carrier with 4 extra 30 rd pmags, a pressure bandage, rescue shears and a TQ. All in a tennis bag. With room for extra stuff.
 
I spy some new Santa Cruz whips in the background :) I have fond memories of my SC sponserships way back in the day when they were a new brand!
Yep lol there are 3 of them over there. My friends joke that it is a Santa Cruz showroom haha.
 
Well here in Washington I’m sure the first thing they will do when the legislature meets will be to ban suppressors altogether. The great blue state I love to hate!
 
View attachment 266845View attachment 266846View attachment 266847
It just barely fits with the suppressor mounted. Cross body mag carrier with 4 extra 30 rd pmags, a pressure bandage, rescue shears and a TQ. All in a tennis bag. With room for extra stuff.
Tailhook Mod 1 is probably the best brace out there, IMO. I have run both the Mod 1 and Mod 2 on my pistols before doing the Form 1. I need to pick up at least one SBA brace so I can return them into pistols for travel if necessary.
 
Tailhook Mod 1 is probably the best brace out there, IMO. I have run both the Mod 1 and Mod 2 on my pistols before doing the Form 1. I need to pick up at least one SBA brace so I can return them into pistols for travel if necessary.
Technically, once a rifle always a rifle according to the ATF. Do with that what you will - I just hear a lot of guys talk about this without realizing it could potentially land them in hot water 🤙
 
Technically, once a rifle always a rifle according to the ATF. Do with that what you will - I just hear a lot of guys talk about this without realizing it could potentially land them in hot water 🤙
Actually not. If the firearms was a Title 1 rifle before becoming an SBR, it will always be a rifle. If it started life as a pistol with a brace, it can be returned to that configuration and is now considered a Title 1 pistol again.

ATF Ruling 2011-4 (https://www.atf.gov/files/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2011-4.pdf) states:

...Held further, a[n NFA firearm] firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when parts in a kit that were originally designed to be configured as both a pistol and a rifle are assembled or re-assembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., as a pistol, or a rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length).

Held further, a firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when a pistol is attached to a part or parts designed to convert the pistol into a rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length, and the parts are later unassembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., as a pistol)....

Basically, as long as it is not in an NFA configuration (short barrel plus stock), it does not fall under NFA rules. I can’t convert 16” rifle into a pistol, but since these started life as pistols, they can become one again.
 
Actually not. If the firearms was a Title 1 rifle before becoming an SBR, it will always be a rifle. If it started life as a pistol with a brace, it can be returned to that configuration and is now considered a Title 1 pistol again.

ATF Ruling 2011-4 (https://www.atf.gov/files/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2011-4.pdf) states:

...Held further, a[n NFA firearm] firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when parts in a kit that were originally designed to be configured as both a pistol and a rifle are assembled or re-assembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., as a pistol, or a rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length).

Held further, a firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when a pistol is attached to a part or parts designed to convert the pistol into a rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length, and the parts are later unassembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., as a pistol)....

Basically, as long as it is not in an NFA configuration (short barrel plus stock), it does not fall under NFA rules. I can’t convert 16” rifle into a pistol, but since these started life as pistols, they can become one again.
If they were originally pistols, that is correct. I missed where you said you SBR'd them on a Form 1. Factory SBRs, or any firearm originally assembled or produced as a rifle, cannot become pistols.

Stripped lowers are where the provenance gets murky. A receiver that was originally sold as a receiver but first assembled as a rifle cannot later become a pistol. But unless that original configuration was documented somewhere, I’m not sure how anyone other than the original builder would establish what it was first assembled as.
 
Tailhook Mod 1 is probably the best brace out there, IMO. I have run both the Mod 1 and Mod 2 on my pistols before doing the Form 1. I need to pick up at least one SBA brace so I can return them into pistols for travel if necessary.
I like the fixed tube as well. Don’t need it to fold, that just makes it heavier and fatter. The lop is perfect.

Plus it makes a perfect grip to use as a bat when I’m dry.
 
I like the fixed tube as well. Don’t need it to fold, that just makes it heavier and fatter. The lop is perfect.

Plus it makes a perfect grip to use as a bat when I’m dry.
I went through a stage of fixed tube on the pistol and a fixed stock on the rifle. Now running A5 tube with B5 Bravo stock on both the rifle (started life as rifle) and the SBR. Adjustability is nice for the wife. I am using the “Amphibian Recoil System” in all my ARs and it makes a very soft shooter.

 
Think I’m going to build out an AP5-K for a truck gun. Not rifle caliber but chances are I’m not engaging someone with plates.

Now if only I could unload my DD5V3.
 
Back
Top Bottom