Weight Loss Assistance

@HeavyAssault

@JTredway

et al

You guys have anything on this?

I am seriously curious.
I would consider plugs a mandatory thing, with all the issues I've seen on the facebooks and some of the forums. A lot of weird nuance issues can come about from corrosion or water intrustion into the plugs and they are all, from my understanding, are direct feeds back to the ecu so you risk a bigger issue of potentially shorting out and the ecu acting as the fuse. I would say you've just been lucky bc you are in a dry state. A lot of the issues I have seen have been from a northern wetter/snowy state. For 100% protection and longveity from potential issues and corrosion should you ever need to go back to stock, dieelectric grease and plugs should be mandatory.

If you have the the time, the extra cash just sitting and potentially not using a proverbial "condom" over the plugs, I would use electronic cleaner to jet them clean, let it dry, pack in some DE grease, and then cap them with a plug kit.

OR

Pull the emissions harenss away from the ecu (I think it's the most driver side plug at ECU - someone can fact check me), and then get ONE single cap for that that I also think SHIBBY makes a kit for (both ecu harness and open ecu plug).
 
I would consider plugs a mandatory thing, with all the issues I've seen on the facebooks and some of the forums. A lot of weird nuance issues can come about from corrosion or water intrustion into the plugs and they are all, from my understanding, are direct feeds back to the ecu so you risk a bigger issue of potentially shorting out and the ecu acting as the fuse. I would say you've just been lucky bc you are in a dry state. A lot of the issues I have seen have been from a northern wetter/snowy state. For 100% protection and longveity from potential issues and corrosion should you ever need to go back to stock, dieelectric grease and plugs should be mandatory.

If you have the the time, the extra cash just sitting and potentially not using a proverbial "condom" over the plugs, I would use electronic cleaner to jet them clean, let it dry, pack in some DE grease, and then cap them with a plug kit.

OR

Pull the emissions harenss away from the ecu (I think it's the most driver side plug at ECU - someone can fact check me), and then get ONE single cap for that that I also think SHIBBY makes a kit for (both ecu harness and open ecu plug).
I will consider myself lucky as you have said but if this is only a few Benjie's or Frank's, I've got nothing to loose and everything to gain in the grand scheme of things.

Do you have a recommended source for these "shibby" plugs?

Again, going back to my earlier conversation with @HeavyAssault about the coolant issue in another thread - here's more clean-up work that I am having to address when I had trusted a shop (with dealer prices) to take care of "all" this.

If you guys recall, I always lost the urine tank to add to this mess.

Mind over matter. Just get it done.
 
I will consider myself lucky as you have said but if this is only a few Benjie's or Frank's, I've got nothing to loose and everything to gain in the grand scheme of things.

Do you have a recommended source for these "shibby" plugs?

Again, going back to my earlier conversation with @HeavyAssault about the coolant issue in another thread - here's more clean-up work that I am having to address when I had trusted a shop (with dealer prices) to take care of "all" this.

If you guys recall, I always lost the urine tank to add to this mess.

Mind over matter. Just get it done.
I just want the best for you, the truck, and everyone else. At work we have policies and then we have some "best practices" I would consider this a policy but at the minimum a "best practice" ya know. In my mind, I would consider it mandatory but everyone can do what they want with their truck, I think @HeavyAssault just packed his with DE grease and sent it?

I'm not a vendor or reseller here but I know a lot of people that have sourced them from here:
 
2015 went 200K with nothing more than dielectric grease all when any "cover kit" wasn't heard of. 2022.....well....500+miles and counting.

There's a few Amazon kits that are doing good as well.

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
 
2015 went 200K with nothing more than dielectric grease all when any "cover kit" wasn't heard of. 2022.....well....500+miles and counting.

There's a few Amazon kits that are doing good as well.

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
My buddy and I taped his plugs in 2012… still running fine to this a day. I do agree, they need to be taped, capped or the entire harness unplugged.
 
I just want the best for you, the truck, and everyone else. At work we have policies and then we have some "best practices" I would consider this a policy but at the minimum a "best practice" ya know. In my mind, I would consider it mandatory but everyone can do what they want with their truck, I think @HeavyAssault just packed his with DE grease and sent it?

I'm not a vendor or reseller here but I know a lot of people that have sourced them from here:
No reason not to finish the work, the right way for a couple hundred bills when you have already spent thousands. This is just being lazy.

2015 went 200K with nothing more than dielectric grease all when any "cover kit" wasn't heard of. 2022.....well....500+miles and counting.

There's a few Amazon kits that are doing good as well.

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲

Will scope them out and compare -- either way, better safe than sorry.

Thanks guys.
 
I would consider plugs a mandatory thing, with all the issues I've seen on the facebooks and some of the forums. A lot of weird nuance issues can come about from corrosion or water intrustion into the plugs and they are all, from my understanding, are direct feeds back to the ecu so you risk a bigger issue of potentially shorting out and the ecu acting as the fuse. I would say you've just been lucky bc you are in a dry state. A lot of the issues I have seen have been from a northern wetter/snowy state. For 100% protection and longveity from potential issues and corrosion should you ever need to go back to stock, dieelectric grease and plugs should be mandatory.

If you have the the time, the extra cash just sitting and potentially not using a proverbial "condom" over the plugs, I would use electronic cleaner to jet them clean, let it dry, pack in some DE grease, and then cap them with a plug kit.

OR

Pull the emissions harenss away from the ecu (I think it's the most driver side plug at ECU - someone can fact check me), and then get ONE single cap for that that I also think SHIBBY makes a kit for (both ecu harness and open ecu plug).
Spe sales a direct fit plug for the Ecu. I am using that along with shibby’s on everything else.
 
In the beginning of this video they do a weight reduction on a brand new truck in FL. Right after they pick it up. May be useful to some.

 
DCR pump ordered, looks like S&S has moved all their products to amazon.com, will have it thursday.
 
make sure it's actually sold by S&S and not a third party. Lots of dupes and knockoffs on Amazon.
Pretty sure it's legit, all of "buy now" links off of S&S's website are amazon links, unless they were hacked recently.
 
Pretty sure it's legit, all of "buy now" links off of S&S's website are amazon links, unless they were hacked recently.
You should be good. I checked it out and it looks legit
 
I’ve decided to get the DCR pump installed. While they’re at it, they’ll hit some switches to clean up the inside of the engine and other things to reduce the cost of running these this thing.

Just waiting to hear back from the workshop for a date. Hopefully before I go away at the end of next month.
 
I’ve decided to get the DCR pump installed. While they’re at it, they’ll hit some switches to clean up the inside of the engine and other things to reduce the cost of running these this thing.

Just waiting to hear back from the workshop for a date. Hopefully before I go away at the end of next month.
You’re gonna be very impressed! It’s going to drive like a different truck.
 
You’re gonna be very impressed! It’s going to drive like a different truck.
Geez that’d be nice.

It’ll be nice not having to worry about cats piss either getting stale or hard to find. Even nicer not having to worry about dodgy fuel stuffing up the CP4.

And if I get the better fuel economy others seem to be getting, then that’ll be great.

I’m not after any more power or torque, so I declined the offer of a 5 stage tune.

It’s booked in for the 7th July.
 
Geez that’d be nice.

It’ll be nice not having to worry about cats piss either getting stale or hard to find. Even nicer not having to worry about dodgy fuel stuffing up the CP4.

And if I get the better fuel economy others seem to be getting, then that’ll be great.

I’m not after any more power or torque, so I declined the offer of a 5 stage tune.

It’s booked in for the 7th July.
The DCR pump does not get better fuel economy. It will flow the same amount of fuel as a CP4 if you’re running a stock tune file. The DCR only flows more fuel if you’re running a DCR optimized tune that is usually associated with higher horsepower.
 
Back
Top Bottom