Weight Loss Assistance

Damn that's great to hear. Did you go whistler or no?
Non-whistler. Its a little louder and sounds similar to stock but you can definitely tell there’s a subtle difference. The 9 blade whistler is far too loud in my opinion.
 
So this is a dumb question. I know a lot of people (mainly in Texas) with deleted trucks. What’s the main goal? I understand mileage m/no DEF (pays for itself over time ) but the I see some of the tune/upgrade threads and wonder is the goal 700+ hp for drag racing or sled pulling.

i’m not judging at all, came from a gasser and enjoying the better power and mileage of the stock diesel
 
So this is a dumb question. I know a lot of people (mainly in Texas) with deleted trucks. What’s the main goal? I understand mileage m/no DEF (pays for itself over time ) but the I see some of the tune/upgrade threads and wonder is the goal 700+ hp for drag racing or sled pulling.

i’m not judging at all, came from a gasser and enjoying the better power and mileage of the stock diesel
Reliability is the big upgrade. Your engine is no longer ingesting its own farts (EGR) and it can breathe unrestricted. These trucks already have tons of power but when you tune them you get more depending on what tune you select.
 
Non-whistler. Its a little louder and sounds similar to stock but you can definitely tell there’s a subtle difference. The 9 blade whistler is far too loud in my opinion.
Damn, I'm going to have a hard time with that decision, I think I'd like the whistler but I do not want it to be annoying. I'm afraid it would be after about 5 min. especially while driving down the highway.
 
I used diesel dudes and would highly recommend. Kits have everything you need and the tunes work great.
 
I have a GDP tune (from the previous/original owner) that has 150k since it was installed, and it runs perfect. Great power, no smoke, runs without any issues.
 
Last edited:
I have a GDP tune (from the previous/original owner) that has 150k since it was installed, and it runs great. Great power, no smoke, runs great.
While I would not delete my 24, I did put my 17 on Ozempic and had both PPEI and GDP (original owner) for tunes. I liked the PCM tunes from GDP the best and the TCM tunes from PPEI the best. At first, I had a straight pipe from the down pipe all the way back but after a few miles towing, the drone at 1600 RPM to 2400 RPM flat out drove me nuts, so I ended up putting an AFE muffler on and that made things perfect for me. I don't advocate deleting but for those that choose to do what they want with their truck for experimental or motorsports purposes, have fun!
 
While I would not delete my 24, I did put my 17 on Ozempic and had both PPEI and GDP (original owner) for tunes. I liked the PCM tunes from GDP the best and the TCM tunes from PPEI the best. At first, I had a straight pipe from the down pipe all the way back but after a few miles towing, the drone at 1600 RPM to 2400 RPM flat out drove me nuts, so I ended up putting an AFE muffler on and that made things perfect for me. I don't advocate deleting but for those that choose to do what they want with their truck for experimental or motorsports purposes, have fun!

Glad to hear of another happy GDP customer. I had a 4" setup without a muffler and it droned too much for me, so I also added a muffler and elbow tip and it's great. Cheers :coffee:
 
I think it’s TCM controlled, I see Alex (ASAP) talking about him revamping strategy in his.
The TCM? Interesting.

I thought this was a vane behavior (EB).

I would be all over something that is really aggressive although of course, that means more wear on the vanes.
 
For those with downloadable tunes, are there files out there that make the exhaust brake more aggressive when activated?

I'd have to switch around files to tell you which one to use. Last I tried different combinations of drive mode/exhaust brake using the Tow Haul w/EB On was quite significant in feel.

As @JTredway mentioned Ford uses both the transmission and VGT on the turbo to effect the EB process. As I can watch Exhaust BackPressure PSI on the CTS3 you can see a pretty significant spike in back pressure when feeling the EB/Transmission take effect. So it seems to be a bit of TCM programming to downshift at the same time the PCM is shifting the VGT.

:cool: :cool: :coffee: :coffee: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
 
I'd have to switch around files to tell you which one to use. Last I tried different combinations of drive mode/exhaust brake using the Tow Haul w/EB On was quite significant in feel.

As @JTredway mentioned Ford uses both the transmission and VGT on the turbo to effect the EB process. As I can watch Exhaust BackPressure PSI on the CTS3 you can see a pretty significant spike in back pressure when feeling the EB/Transmission take effect. So it seems to be a bit of TCM programming to downshift at the same time the PCM is shifting the VGT.

:cool: :cool: :coffee: :coffee: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
yea, only bc i have asap trans tunes and i've seen his notes saying revised tow/haul strategy and EB improvements.
 
I'd have to switch around files to tell you which one to use. Last I tried different combinations of drive mode/exhaust brake using the Tow Haul w/EB On was quite significant in feel.

As @JTredway mentioned Ford uses both the transmission and VGT on the turbo to effect the EB process. As I can watch Exhaust BackPressure PSI on the CTS3 you can see a pretty significant spike in back pressure when feeling the EB/Transmission take effect. So it seems to be a bit of TCM programming to downshift at the same time the PCM is shifting the VGT.

:cool: :cool: :coffee: :coffee: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
Certainly makes sense to tell the transmission to slam a gear or two down, hold high RPMs while the vanes stay fully shut and simply starve the cylinders of air.

I don't tow but I would love something that is more much more agressive as I am rolling across our mountainous state from job to job.
 
Certainly makes sense to tell the transmission to slam a gear or two down, hold high RPMs while the vanes stay fully shut and simply starve the cylinders of air.

I don't tow but I would love something that is more much more agressive as I am rolling across our mountainous state from job to job.
getchu one of them asap tunes on BF/CM in November homie!
 
Running ASAP now so today I dropped the truck into TowHaul w/EB On. Yea...it's still a little aggressive for the small trip around town. I'm sure it would be a judgement call on the user.

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
 
getchu one of them asap tunes on BF/CM in November homie!
You ain't lyin'!

Ever since you guys helped me relearn the shifting strategy for the transmission, the truck’s been running great with no complaints.

It almost feels like fixing something that isn’t broken, but I still would like having the EZLynx ready so I can load any file I want when the time comes.

I’ve also got two ECMs — the ’21 currently running the central plant and the original ’22 sitting on the shelf, which is probably the one I’d use for loading tunes.

I know you’re not a fan of SOTF, but even though I keep mine set at level 3, I love having the option to shift up or down if needed.
 
Running ASAP now so today I dropped the truck into TowHaul w/EB On. Yea...it's still a little aggressive for the small trip around town. I'm sure it would be a judgement call on the user.

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
Even that gets my panties all wet.

Is that what the file is called from ASAP? TH w/EB?

What I am really after is something that will literally bring you to almost a full halt just by starving the engine from air but as you guys have said, using the gears to slow your momentum down.

I am that annoying type of driver that uses its brakes to simply keep the rig from rolling forward at a stop light, otherwise I let the tranny and EB do the job of bring me to a stop.

Yes, I am that one that begins to slow down quarter mile before a stop light, if I see one. First order of operation, release the trottle, then let the truck coast to a stop while the trans kicks down the gears.
 
You ain't lyin'!

Ever since you guys helped me relearn the shifting strategy for the transmission, the truck’s been running great with no complaints.

It almost feels like fixing something that isn’t broken, but I still would like having the EZLynx ready so I can load any file I want when the time comes.

I’ve also got two ECMs — the ’21 currently running the central plant and the original ’22 sitting on the shelf, which is probably the one I’d use for loading tunes.

I know you’re not a fan of SOTF, but even though I keep mine set at level 3, I love having the option to shift up or down if needed.
Running SOTF is really not recommended. You will shorten the life of your transmission exponentially faster. Every time you turn the knob the TCM is doing a relearn. Just get ezlynk and run a single file with lifetime support.
 
Back
Top Bottom