Weight Loss Assistance

Just keep in mind, nothing will ever run as good as a single HP tune with how our SOTF systems work; I can't remember if it was Cummins or Duramax where those tunes actually changed boost, fuel timing, and so forth through the dial turn, where ours are more like a blended bandaid.

For more clarity here "Just keep in mind, nothing will ever run as good as a single HP tune" If you lined up a 150hp tune against the same manufacturers 150hp tune but SOTF 9/10x the straight 150hp tune will be faster and drive better on all accounts. The SOTF tries to do a little bit of everything decently but doesn't do a single thing great other than variability. You may (not) notice quirks with a SOTF file that you wouldn't have when running a single HP tune.

And for those new here, you shouldn't be swapping tunes and just going to work (ie the mustang at the red light wants to go and your inner Dom rolls the dial to 5); this is how your tear shit up especially the 10r140. The flashing process is pretty quick with the newer EZL and Avid devices (I think under two-three minutes which seems light years faster than what I remember flashing my 6.0ls)
Stay away from SOFT tunes. I’d like to know any who have one. How’s your tranny, did you tune it?
 
Question for those who have updated their trucks. Looking at either AMDP or ASAP for both engine and trans and curious how clean they still run on a +50 to +75 tune. I plan to only load one and am not doing a SOTF switch. I do not want something that belches any noticeable smoke when getting into it and not sure if that’s being realistic or not. Basically looking for more reliability and a little more power. Thanks!
 
Question for those who have updated their trucks. Looking at either AMDP or ASAP for both engine and trans and curious how clean they still run on a +50 to +75 tune. I plan to only load one and am not doing a SOTF switch. I do not want something that belches any noticeable smoke when getting into it and not sure if that’s being realistic or not. Basically looking for more reliability and a little more power. Thanks!
based on what I've seen and people i know, mainly stay away from the increased LBF files and you should be on the cleaner side. The files with LBF will always smoke and or smoke more. A 50-75hp tune should be virtually smoke free with the most smallest amount of puff if you just slam the throttle but even then you'll blink and miss it without how good a properly tuned truck runs.

NOW, a hot higher hp tune with LBF or LBF+ (which i think asap offers) will smoke hard.
 
Question for those who have updated their trucks. Looking at either AMDP or ASAP for both engine and trans and curious how clean they still run on a +50 to +75 tune. I plan to only load one and am not doing a SOTF switch. I do not want something that belches any noticeable smoke when getting into it and not sure if that’s being realistic or not. Basically looking for more reliability and a little more power. Thanks!
I run the 50 hp admp tune. It’s very clean, no smoke, no black residue. Throttle response is greatly improved, 20 mpg on the highway. I have the standard tune, with no low boost fueling. I’m very impressed.
 
What do you mean? It’ll perform exactly the same. You’ll just have more reliability.
No it won’t, you won’t have throttle lag and you’ll get better mpg. The truck drives allot better and more responsive even with a simple emissions off 0 hp tune file.
 
Did you do a tranny/tcm tune as well?
Yes, I’m running the corresponding trans tune. I have the 0, 50, 75 and 120 hp tune files along with trans tune files. So far, I prefer the 50 hp file.
 
Yes, I’m running the corresponding trans tune. I have the 0, 50, 75 and 120 hp tune files along with trans tune files. So far, I prefer the 50 hp file.
Thanks, this helps a lot!
 
Yes, I’m running the corresponding trans tune. I have the 0, 50, 75 and 120 hp tune files along with trans tune files. So far, I prefer the 50 hp file.
Do you run a SOTF switch or do you just load the tune you want via your ez-link? I’m a bit over my head with automatic trans tuning, from what I’ve read switching between tunes takes a bit for the trans tune to catch up to the difference in power output but I have no idea as my only tuning experience is on my corvette which is a manual trans.
 
Do you run a SOTF switch or do you just load the tune you want via your ez-link? I’m a bit over my head with automatic trans tuning, from what I’ve read switching between tunes takes a bit for the trans tune to catch up to the difference in power output but I have no idea as my only tuning experience is on my corvette which is a manual trans.
The tunes I have are sotf capable, I do not use that or have it set up. The trans needs a learning process, I do not think running sotf will help my trans last. I have 95 k on a 2020 built truck with the original trans and cdf drum, I do not have the updated version. Even If I had a new truck, I would tune it and let the trans do a re learn each time.
 
Do you run a SOTF switch or do you just load the tune you want via your ez-link? I’m a bit over my head with automatic trans tuning, from what I’ve read switching between tunes takes a bit for the trans tune to catch up to the difference in power output but I have no idea as my only tuning experience is on my corvette which is a manual trans.
Don’t run SOTF. Just get ezlynk and run a single tune. It’s healthier for your truck. A 5 position switch isn’t actually 5 different tunes like on a Duramax or Cummins.
 
No it won’t, you won’t have throttle lag and you’ll get better mpg. The truck drives allot better and more responsive even with a simple emissions off 0 hp tune file.
Huh? My reply to was the guy talking about the DCR pump. I’m probably one of the first people in this forum to have a 23+ truck tuned and deleted so not sure why you’re replying to me
 
Huh? My reply to was the guy talking about the DCR pump. I’m probably one of the first people in this forum to have a 23+ truck tuned and deleted so not sure why you’re replying to me
def didnt have anything new to notice (maybe a slight noise - seems to be louder fuel noises from the front) when I did my dcr other than peace of mind.
 
def didnt have anything new to notice (maybe a slight noise - seems to be louder fuel noises from the front) when I did my dcr other than peace of mind.
Mine too. The noise is slightly different than stock but not super noticeable. I also did it for peace of mind and the bonus now is I can take advantage of the extra fuel flow with my KC Turbo as long as I’m running a DCR optimized tune. But for most folks, running a DCR with a stock truck or even standard emissions off tune files (0-200hp for example) will mean it flows the exact same as a CP4. So for anyone reading don’t expect magic fuel mileage because you have a DCR - it’s simply not true. The DCR only has the capability to flow more fuel but only if commanded by proper tuning.
 
Mine too. The noise is slightly different than stock but not super noticeable. I also did it for peace of mind and the bonus now is I can take advantage of the extra fuel flow with my KC Turbo as long as I’m running a DCR optimized tune. But for most folks, running a DCR with a stock truck or even standard emissions off tune files (0-200hp for example) will mean it flows the exact same as a CP4. So for anyone reading don’t expect magic fuel mileage because you have a DCR - it’s simply not true. The DCR only has the capability to flow more fuel but only if commanded by proper tuning.
Stopped reading after KCT and KCT/DCR optimized tune.

Do tell, tell me more as this is where I'm going to land soon enough.
1782305655572.gif
 
Already have sourced the DCR pump, hopefully I will install it here in the next month, 8500 miles so I think I'll be okay a little longer. KC jetfire turbo is also in my future.
 
Stopped reading after KCT and KCT/DCR optimized tune.

Do tell, tell me more as this is where I'm going to land soon enough.
View attachment 260421
It’s an amazing combination. It lights so quickly. It’s a slightly larger size to the stock turbo so it spools quick like a stock charger but it has a lot more top end power especially if paired with a DCR. When you’re in the boost it just wants to take off. It’s a great daily drive and towing turbo. I haven’t dyno’d it but I’d wager it’s close to 700hp turned all the way up. I’m not currently running a hot tune since I want to save my trans so just running a 75hp AMDP tune but I am also beta testing some ASAP KC Turbo files for Alex so stay tuned if you’re running ASAP tunes.
 
It’s an amazing combination. It lights so quickly. It’s a slightly larger size to the stock turbo so it spools quick like a stock charger but it has a lot more top end power especially if paired with a DCR. When you’re in the boost it just wants to take off. It’s a great daily drive and towing turbo. I haven’t dyno’d it but I’d wager it’s close to 700hp turned all the way up. I’m not currently running a hot tune since I want to save my trans so just running a 75hp AMDP tune but I am also beta testing some ASAP KC Turbo files for Alex so stay tuned if you’re running ASAP tunes.
Damn that's great to hear. Did you go whistler or no?
 
Back
Top Bottom