Upfitter Wiring Harness Discussion

Apologies, @HeavyAssault, one more question. The purple and green wires are very thin. They aren't labeled with a gauge, but they are almost certainly smaller than the 14ga wires I've read the upfitter pigtails are. Any concern with connecting those together?

I know the problem. Honestly it's not too big an issue, but the problem of smaller gauge to bigger gauge wire splicing in an effective splice. It's not any real issue at the end.

There are step down/step up butt splice you can buy. For example they allow a 16ga to splice to a 12ga wire.
https://www.westmarine.com/ancor-he...e_demandware_net__WestMarine__products__en_US

You could just use one end of a 14GA butt connector. Just wrap the harness thin (Purple or Green) wire around the up-fitter wire. Then place into one end of the butt connector, crimp down. Then heat shrink either the butt connector, or use a short piece of heat shrink. That should give you a solid connection via crimp, protected with heat shrink.

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
 
I've got a few harnesses still left and ready to ship.


reach out with any questions!
 
is there any interest in another round of these? i'll be honest, there has been pretty much no interest for the last few months.

I've receive a couple of inquiries this weekend to my surprise. if there is enough interest, i can work on another batch, but only if i can get about 25 people interested.
 
is there any interest in another round of these? i'll be honest, there has been pretty much no interest for the last few months.

I've receive a couple of inquiries this weekend to my surprise. if there is enough interest, i can work on another batch, but only if i can get about 25 people interested.
I’d order one. Thanks!
 
is there any interest in another round of these? i'll be honest, there has been pretty much no interest for the last few months.

I've receive a couple of inquiries this weekend to my surprise. if there is enough interest, i can work on another batch, but only if i can get about 25 people interested.
Interested as well. Thank you!
 
is there any interest in another round of these? i'll be honest, there has been pretty much no interest for the last few months.

I've receive a couple of inquiries this weekend to my surprise. if there is enough interest, i can work on another batch, but only if i can get about 25 people interested.
I’d order as well. Thanks!
 
i now have about 20 harnesses in stock and ready to ship for those who were looking for them.

 
^ ^ ^ Just ordered one!

Thank you for this quality product. Cheers!
 
One week later...

Just received my order, and all I can say is this product appears to be very well made. Good quality connectors, great ground harness lug, crimp-ready leads for the bundle under the OEM upfitter box under the hood. And, precut heatshrink! for after crimping onto the OEM wiring.

Going to be a bit before I get any of this installed (rain for the next four days beginning tomorrow eve) but first impression is that this is a beefy wiring rig.

Thanks very much.
 
Hi All. I'm planning to install the harness this week.

How did you manage crimping the different wire gauges? Most of the ford wires are much smaller gauge. Just crimp it tight and give it a tug to make sure it's gripping?

Did you run the wires down and under the evaporator lines?

IMG_0866.webp


On a '24 can you actually fully remove the upfitter box to do this on a bench?

Thanks!
 
Hi All. I'm planning to install the harness this week.

How did you manage crimping the different wire gauges? Most of the ford wires are much smaller gauge. Just crimp it tight and give it a tug to make sure it's gripping?

Did you run the wires down and under the evaporator lines?

View attachment 239193

On a '24 can you actually fully remove the upfitter box to do this on a bench?

Thanks!
Thank you for asking questions that I also have!
How did you get the wires pulled up top side? Mine are in the fender well and I can't get to them to pull them up.
 
Thank you for asking questions that I also have!
How did you get the wires pulled up top side? Mine are in the fender well and I can't get to them to pull them up.
Yes you can pull the whole box out. One connector, usually under the battery tray, the positive lead and then the two clips on the back of the box and the whole thing will pull out. Makes it much easier regardless of what solution you go with.
 
Last edited:
I used weather pack connectors.
 
Yes you can pull the whole box out. I connector, usually under the battery tray, the positive lead and then the two clips on the back of the box and the whole thing will pull out. Makes it much easier regardless of what solution you go with.
Bah! You have to take the battery and tray out? They made this a reail pain in the fart shooter.
 
No the Upfitter battery connection is in the main fuse box.
 
No the Upfitter battery connection is in the main fuse box.
Yep, the battery connection is to the main fuse box. The other connector is under the battery tray.

Getting the tray out isn't too bad....but lifting that battery out...good night!
 
Yep, the battery connection is to the main fuse box. The other connector is under the battery tray.

Getting the tray out isn't too bad....but lifting that battery out...good night!
Hmm.... maybe I can get to the wires by removing the battery 🧐 . Definitely installing the OTC box. It will be better than having the wires flop about.
 
Back
Top Bottom