Tremors Towing Things

The couch was an option as well. It’s good to hear your assessment. We didn’t consider it too seriously because there’s no one else going to be staying with us.
 
@DDD you did ask for negatives too...

The only things I can think of are:
1) Purchase price was higher
2) Increased weight

I don't think #2 is a a huge negative. It probably costs a little more in fuel, but with the 7.3 I was prepared for horrible mileage while towing. Not sure towing this vs. the shorter/lighter trailer would be noticeable from that perspective. Either trailer is within my payload capacity at towing weight/tongue.
I got 8.1-8.3 with the 18' Coleman at about 6k lbs. I get the same with this 31'. I think it's all about the aerodynamics. I can get 10 with my tractor 🤷

And I have more payload with the new one because it has dual axles. My wife and I fill it to the brim too 😉
 
IMG_4748.webp


Our forecast

IMG_4750.webp
 
This 34' 5er is 15K fully loaded with the RMAX4 inside. It pulls just fine, though I went with Helwig swaybars front and rear and recently installed Sumosprings to moderate rear spring compression on highway whoops on the I-17 here in AZ. The mods may not be necessary, but for increased safety/abundance of caution.
Williams Boondock Camp.webp
 
Anyone tow a sizable fifth wheel without adding the rear swaybar? Ours is 42' and gross 15k. Just wondering if it would be advised or just personal preference. I've had no issues, curious is all.
 
Anyone tow a sizable fifth wheel without adding the rear swaybar? Ours is 42' and gross 15k. Just wondering if it would be advised or just personal preference. I've had no issues, curious is all.
I have a 45' toy hauler that's about 18K loaded and it tows fine for me with no rear sway bar. I do have airbags that help a bit with any sway though. My airbags are on separate air lines so they can't transfer air side to side.
 
Anyone tow a sizable fifth wheel without adding the rear swaybar? Ours is 42' and gross 15k. Just wondering if it would be advised or just personal preference. I've had no issues, curious is all.
IMG_4780.webp

No swaybar or bags, 35ft toy hauler, I think it is 16,900. But can’t remember off the top of my head. Someone else has the same one, but it pulls really well as long as your load is balanced out.
 
I have a 45' toy hauler that's about 18K loaded and it tows fine for me with no rear sway bar. I do have airbags that help a bit with any sway though. My airbags are on separate air lines so they can't transfer air side to side.

No swaybar or bags, 35ft toy hauler, I think it is 16,900. But can’t remember off the top of my head. Someone else has the same one, but it pulls really well as long as your load is balanced out.
Good to know. Been seeing different posts and threads about swaybars, etc and it got me to thinking. My mileage usually ranges about 25% towing, so not a fulltime type deal.
 
Good to know. Been seeing different posts and threads about swaybars, etc and it got me to thinking. My mileage usually ranges about 25% towing, so not a fulltime type deal.
just fwiw I discovered while in Black Hills around Deadwood, Sturgis, McCall ID and other mountain roads normal handling through Vanocker Canyon and other winding roads on my '24 F250 Tremor was improved by adding OEM rear sway bar. A link to the OEM rear sway bar parts list and install here on the forum https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/oem-rear-swaybar-install.15363/page-2#post-418092
 
FYI below are the part numbers and costs for OEM rear sway bar install took me couple of hours as am older than dirt and twice as dusty :cool:
Part NumberPart Name Price QuantityTotal
HC3Z-5A772-AStabilizer Bar 90.85 1 90.85
7C3Z-5486-BStabilizer Bar Bracket 15.26 2 30.52
HC3Z-5K484-ALink 29.59 2 59.18
HC3Z-5L499-AMounting Bracket 25.28 2 50.56
W520214-S440Stabilizer Link Nut 0.79 4 3.16
W717462-S439Skid Plate Nut 3.14 4 12.56
W500634-S442 (old # W500634-S309)Mnfd W/Converter Bolt 1.73 4 6.92
W500644-S439Cross-Member Bolt 1.73 4 6.92
[td]
260.67​
[/td]​
 
FYI below are the part numbers and costs for OEM rear sway bar install took me couple of hours as am older than dirt and twice as dusty :cool:
Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
HC3Z-5A772-AStabilizer Bar 90.851 90.85
7C3Z-5486-BStabilizer Bar Bracket 15.262 30.52
HC3Z-5K484-ALink 29.592 59.18
HC3Z-5L499-AMounting Bracket 25.282 50.56
W520214-S440Stabilizer Link Nut 0.794 3.16
W717462-S439Skid Plate Nut 3.144 12.56
W500634-S442 (old # W500634-S309)Mnfd W/Converter Bolt 1.734 6.92
W500644-S439Cross-Member Bolt 1.734 6.92

[td]
260.67

[/td]​
Seems relatively low cost 👍
 
Seems relatively low cost 👍
it suits my needs, keeping rear end from lifting on the twisties and with Momentum 31G toy hauler @11,500lbs travel trailer with weigh safe hitch under good control even in windy WY
 
Just got home from the Missouri/Iowa border picking up a few things along with a old saw mill for the Amish.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2002.webp
    IMG_2002.webp
    190.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2003.webp
    IMG_2003.webp
    321.6 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom